Old 05-30-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

what about me nieghbor?
Old 05-30-2009, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Onetrade
hmmm, what are some good 2wd Electric buggies that won't cost an arm and a leg?

the xxxcr might only cost you a hip or a foot.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey all, so I made it out to LIR and it was my frist time around the track and all I can say is, what the F*#/! ? My B44 handled horribly, bad on turns, bad handling, horrible acceleration. I though that my 7700 BL MM motor and esc would be plenty fast to over throw the jumps, but ohhhh, nay nay. I couldn't get it to accelerate fast enoiugh to make the jumps, I would take off half assed from a jump and land in another lane on a ramp there. I spent most of the day upside down. So long story short, couldn't accelerate enough to make any jump and it didn't handle well at all. Is it because of the tires? Mtor? Gearing? What do I have to do to fix it? Then my saddler lipos kept falling out so I guess I need lipo trays, my esc came apart from the case and my cvds kept falling out. All the guys there were helpful and helped me get the cvds to stop falling out, so, ummm, thanks!!!! But iwhy did my b44 handle so terrribly? And not nearly enough poower to clear any jumps?

So o
Old 05-31-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

the power/jumping issue could be radio settings, speedo settings, gearing or your approach to the jump, as far as the other stuff goes work on your setup and practice, practice, practice nothing beats time
Old 05-31-2009, 07:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hey all, so I made it out to LIR and it was my frist time around the track and all I can say is, what the F*#/! ? My B44 handled horribly, bad on turns, bad handling, horrible acceleration. I though that my 7700 BL MM motor and esc would be plenty fast to over throw the jumps, but ohhhh, nay nay. I couldn't get it to accelerate fast enoiugh to make the jumps, I would take off half assed from a jump and land in another lane on a ramp there. I spent most of the day upside down. So long story short, couldn't accelerate enough to make any jump and it didn't handle well at all. Is it because of the tires? Mtor? Gearing? What do I have to do to fix it? Then my saddler lipos kept falling out so I guess I need lipo trays, my esc came apart from the case and my cvds kept falling out. All the guys there were helpful and helped me get the cvds to stop falling out, so, ummm, thanks!!!! But iwhy did my b44 handle so terrribly? And not nearly enough poower to clear any jumps?

So o
what tires were you running? did you have anyone give the car a look over when you were at the track?
Old 05-31-2009, 07:33 AM
Tech Addict

I am running the tires and wheels that came with the car. I didn't want to bother them more than I already had lol they would need to give me a lesson from start to finish. Should a tune something with my esc? Make it accelerate faster at first rather than a linear accelration to the top end? Are there settings on my futaba 3pm? To make the car run differently? I noticed that when I was on the straight away and entered the turn, if I hit the brakes I would slide into the wall, I had to lessen the throttle enough to keep acceleration but not too much to crash.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I am running the tires and wheels that came with the car. I didn't want to bother them more than I already had lol they would need to give me a lesson from start to finish. Should a tune something with my esc? Make it accelerate faster at first rather than a linear accelration to the top end? Are there settings on my futaba 3pm? To make the car run differently? I noticed that when I was on the straight away and entered the turn, if I hit the brakes I would slide into the wall, I had to lessen the throttle enough to keep acceleration but not too much to crash.
Those tires are less than ideal, tires are like 75% of your setup. You need to get a set of losi pink compound 4wd taper pins for the front, and bk bars for the rear. Chances are with that alone the car will handle a lot better, I am pretty sure most with b44s run close to the box setup. You probably need less motor not more, your probably spinning with those tires which is why you don't have enough speed to clear the jumps, a 4wd really shouldn't have that issue.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

just remember practice as much as you can and slow is fast, another thing to check would be your slipper, make sure its not to loose, to loose and you will not be able to put the power to the track, to tight and you will put to much power on the track and you could have traction issues
Old 05-31-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Addict

I will definetly take your advice mike, I mean, I would take off the jump and land head first into the second jump, lol, it was horrible. I will check the slipper as well. And other suggestions from anyone? I mean... Besides lots of practice? I think saturdays at lir will be my new home lol
Old 05-31-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I will definetly take your advice mike, I mean, I would take off the jump and land head first into the second jump, lol, it was horrible. I will check the slipper as well. And other suggestions from anyone? I mean... Besides lots of practice? I think saturdays at lir will be my new home lol

Rear diff could be too loose.

I am headed to the track now. IF i catch you down there i'll help you.
Old 05-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Tech Addict

I can't make it there today unfortunetly. Are you ever there on saturdays? Should I take apart the diffs? The entire car? Should I wait until someone can look at it that knows what they're doing? Lol
Old 05-31-2009, 10:05 AM
Tech Addict

Another thing... My Mamba Max ESC popped out of its case. Looks like I lost a screw and the only screw I have left doesn't screw back in the case. How can I put it back together in a way where it won't keep coming off? Someone suggested a piece of tape... Any other suggestions?
Old 05-31-2009, 11:27 AM
BSS
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Another thing... My Mamba Max ESC popped out of its case. Looks like I lost a screw and the only screw I have left doesn't screw back in the case. How can I put it back together in a way where it won't keep coming off? Someone suggested a piece of tape... Any other suggestions?
If your going to be there next Friday, I will take a look at your car, I knew a lot about the mamba max.
Old 05-31-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Addict

Can only make it Saturdays and it seems that NO ONE can make it on Saturdays lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.