Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

Default Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Heres the new Long Island Raceway forum.......the old one got played out......buy post whore Max.
Old 06-24-2004, 02:01 PM
Tech Regular

LIR thread is back!!!
Old 06-24-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

its about time. i am hoping to come down tomorrow nite for some racing in mod. i hope i am not the slowest driver.
Old 06-24-2004, 06:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Hey guys hows it going. Ive switched to onroad for the summer hope to see everybody come fall.Glad to see your over on tech talk this place is alive.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:24 PM
Tech Master

where are you driving onroad? out east ?
Old 06-25-2004, 04:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

This week Jackson NJ, They are hosting the Trinity Orl race.Im pretty much following that series track to track and practicing at club races at those tracks to be ready.Ive been having a blast and suprisingly been doing real well so that makes it more fun.
Old 06-25-2004, 11:10 PM
Tech Addict

internet is back but not on the comp only on the freakin labtop it uses the same freakin modem yet the comp is actin gay...i sucked bad today wasnt even funny
Old 06-26-2004, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

actually it was funny.

i would like to try onroad but i dont feel like going out east or using foams. it sucks lir wont or can't have an onroad track. i want to try my ntc3 on a track.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by craziracer
internet is back but not on the comp only on the freakin labtop it uses the same freakin modem yet the comp is actin gay...i sucked bad today wasnt even funny
yeah max, you should've be in my spot in B.
But I've Dominated B-main

BTW, rebuild that crappy diff already.

See you at LIR tomorrow.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mstng87gt
actually it was funny.

i would like to try onroad but i dont feel like going out east or using foams. it sucks lir wont or can't have an onroad track. i want to try my ntc3 on a track.
hey russ, bring you NTC3 next week, I'll bring my MTX-3. we can set up a couple cones or something.
Old 06-26-2004, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

hey russ, bring you NTC3 next week, I'll bring my MTX-3. we can set up a couple cones or something.
sounds good to me i will bring my rs4 also just in case the ntc3 breaks.

you never know about those hacks.
Old 06-26-2004, 06:49 PM
Tech Addict

I'm having a great day, after finding out that I need a new motor, my dad helped me put my stuff away and he put my batterys away. I keep my batteries in the top of my toolbox with strips of foam creating a compartment for each. The strip of foam that goes between the packs must have been moved over to the side a little bit so I guess he pushed it the rest of the way over and put the batteries right next to each other with the battery bars pressing against each other. He said it didnt spark or anything. When I got home I took the parts tray out of my toolbox and it felt really hot, the batterys are above it in the top section. The batteries are completely destroyed. Only 4 of the cells look like the might have survived. One looks like it might have exploded and acid, I guess, leaked out of it, a few others are leaking acid and all except the 4 that might be ok have severely blurred writing on the stickers, meaning that they were definitly over 200F. Some of the battery bars came unsoldered too. My toolbox is also melted a little but definitly still useable. So my only 2 3300s are ruined. I have to get some new ones and Im not sure what to get. I'm not looking to buy orion or SMC batteries because I dont need the best and I'm not running stock anyway so I dont think voltage is that important. Im pretty set on promatch because they have the best prices and they seem to have the best reputation of the online places. I can get 2 Packs of 1.165-1.169 AV Voltage Cells for $85 or I can get 1.170-1.174 AV Voltage 390-400 Runtime packs for $50 each. Should I go for more voltage or runtime? I think Ill probably end up getting a mod motor because that's what everyone else is running so I'd probably be better off going for the packs with better runtime?
I'm probably going to get 3 packs so I could also get 2 of the lower voltage packs and one of the higher voltage packs.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:59 PM
Tech Addict

stick with a stock or a 19 turn u probally arent at the level to handle at mod yet
get your car around the track without crashing and try to keep a consistant line. and get the orion 3300 at 110 its like a few dollars more then those promatch. buy stuff from the shop instead of those online stores. 110 usually has really good prices for most of there stuff. and buy the gm battery box. it holds 8 packs and itll help your battery's from shortin
Old 06-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

first off who are you max to say what he has to run lol and he is running a 19t.

secondly i have to agree with max about the orion batts they pack some punch and with the 19t yes voltage still helps and i noticed that the orions keep it through out the entire pack unlike promatch where you have it for about 1/4 -1/2 way. i would also recommend smc they seem to have really good cells.

and your wrong about the price max.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

i am MAX to tell him what to run i am not wrong about the price the orion packs are 89.99 or something like that
i know that gay 19 turn sucks but your gonna be even slower with a mod

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.