Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Long Island Raceway, NY...Forum

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

I havent noticed the packs losing punch half way through the run, they usually just die all at once. I might just not notice it though. If the LIR sold batteries that werent the best ones Id buy them there, but I can have 2 batteries by promatch assembled and shipped for the price of one orion battery. It's just not worth it for me. Batteries dont last forever either, so it would be a waste for me to buy the expensive ones when I dont need them because they could wear out before I do need them. I see some people running fukuyama, are they any better? I would probably go for them but they're considerably more expensive compared to promatch's deal and they charge a 6 amps while promatch charges a 5 amps so you pay more for a pack that really has less voltage.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:07 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by mstng87gt
sounds good to me i will bring my rs4 also just in case the ntc3 breaks.

you never know about those hacks.
Old 06-27-2004, 04:15 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AE Racer
I havent noticed the packs losing punch half way through the run, they usually just die all at once. I might just not notice it though. If the LIR sold batteries that werent the best ones Id buy them there, but I can have 2 batteries by promatch assembled and shipped for the price of one orion battery. It's just not worth it for me. Batteries dont last forever either, so it would be a waste for me to buy the expensive ones when I dont need them because they could wear out before I do need them. I see some people running fukuyama, are they any better? I would probably go for them but they're considerably more expensive compared to promatch's deal and they charge a 6 amps while promatch charges a 5 amps so you pay more for a pack that really has less voltage.
The # will be different when a battery is matched at different amps. one will give you more voltage, less untime, the other the opposit.

I personally would go for more voltage.
Old 06-27-2004, 05:32 AM
Tech Regular

AE-Racer.... I would assume the pack's that Rob is carrying at the shop are "team" spec which indicate the highest voltage and longest runtime etc. To be quite honest.. to run competitively in offroad on a club level those packs are not necessary. Most companies (Trinity, Orion, SMC etc..) offer club spec packs where the voltage is a little lower but it is still more than sufficient for the average racer. These packs are also significantly cheaper (I would think in the $59-$69 range). You may want to ask Rob if he could order these for you through the shop. If he cannot... just do a quick search on the web and you should be able to find something within your budget.

P.S. See all you playas today at 110
Old 06-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Jasonchi
The # will be different when a battery is matched at different amps. one will give you more voltage, less untime, the other the opposit.

I personally would go for more voltage.
Which Fukuyama packs areyou running?
Old 06-27-2004, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Vin_Nocella

AE-Racer.... I would assume the pack's that Rob is carrying at the shop are "team" spec which indicate the highest voltage and longest runtime etc. To be quite honest.. to run competitively in offroad on a club level those packs are not necessary. Most companies (Trinity, Orion, SMC etc..) offer club spec packs where the voltage is a little lower but it is still more than sufficient for the average racer. These packs are also significantly cheaper (I would think in the $59-$69 range). You may want to ask Rob if he could order these for you through the shop. If he cannot... just do a quick search on the web and you should be able to find something within your budget.

P.S. See all you playas today at 110
Thats exactly what I thought. Another reason that Id rather get one of the online matcher's batteries, though, is that they're not only cheaper, but you know what range the numbers will be in. SMC, Trinity and Orion only have 3 diffrent ratings for their packs. The medium priced packs could have anywhere for 1.15-1.17 in voltage and because I cant see them if order them or have Rob order them then I have no idea what Im getting.

Thanks for the info guys
Old 06-27-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Addict

Im considering getting the 1.170-75 420+ Promatch packs which are $60 but Im not sure if its worth the extra money. The 1.165-69 are a much better deal. I could also get a combination. The Orion packs at the shop are definitly out of the question. I need at least 3 batteries so I dont damage them by charging them too often and I cant spend $270 plus tax on 3 batteries. If anyone knows where I could get some SMC or Orion packs at a decent price without being blind about the numbers, I'd be interested.
Old 06-27-2004, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

u must understand something
better numbers=more $$$
Old 06-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Back to BK2
Old 06-27-2004, 04:25 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by AE Racer
Which Fukuyama packs areyou running?
I got the 1.17 ones
Old 06-27-2004, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

hahahha dailed
in 1 day 3 people switched from b4 to bk2
royce brian and jason
Old 06-27-2004, 05:52 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by craziracer
u must understand something
better numbers=more $$$
I understand that, but for me more $$$ on batteries = less $$$ for tires and parts. Does .005 volts actually make a noticeable diffrence? I think Im going to go with the 1.17s but Im not sure if its worth the extra $10 for packs with better run time, 390-400 runtime packs are $50 and 420+ packs are $60. My dad will pay for the packs he messed up though and when I bought them they were about $60 so mabey he'll get me the $60 packs. Im not planning on doing this soon, but would I be able to run a decent mod motor through a whole race without out the battery starting to die on 390-400 runtime?

Last edited by AE Racer; 06-27-2004 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-27-2004, 06:36 PM
Tech Addict

it should be able to last my 3000 packs last atleast 8 minutes
Old 06-27-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Ill probably go with the low runtime 1.17s then.

Btw have you guys seen this yet? http://www.teamorion.com/news.asp?id=320
Old 06-27-2004, 06:47 PM
Tech Addict

old news

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.