Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho Ultima SC-R Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2011, 06:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

must be a good truck when you can't find a used truck any where... So if anybody is selling their truck, PM me and i'll b more then happy to try and get rid of it for you...

Thanks,
-DC-
Old 02-20-2011, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Stupid tuning question... When the rear end is loose in the corners... I combat this with? I tried raising the ride height and it seemed to get a bit worse but I ran out of time at the track to go lower.. SO is a lower ride height the trick for loose corners.. Rear is like tebo's set up...
Old 02-20-2011, 07:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jnelson214
Stupid tuning question... When the rear end is loose in the corners... I combat this with? I tried raising the ride height and it seemed to get a bit worse but I ran out of time at the track to go lower.. SO is a lower ride height the trick for loose corners.. Rear is like tebo's set up...
Could be a diff or slipper adjustment, or more Toe In, Tires.....
Old 02-20-2011, 08:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 153 (100%+)

Like Tebo's set up? Can you tell us what set up you were running? Also what tires? Were you at LHR?
Old 02-20-2011, 10:09 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MeadowHenry
well, a good start would be to try to lighten it up. even 4oz of weight will make a huge difference. you can switch to performance parts, sometimes spendy, to get better performance. switching to a brushless motor system will increase power and speed but is expensive.
No, don't do this! Spammer...

Probably your tires are not good... 90% of the set-up is tires for this truck! If you stumpble upon the right tire it will be obvious!
Old 02-21-2011, 10:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ray Kindstrom
Like Tebo's set up? Can you tell us what set up you were running? Also what tires? Were you at LHR?
I am running 27.5 rear with 70 spring. Bar codes green I was at hobbytown which is a dry packed dirt. I do have about 25 grams tucked in the rear cubby with battery about mid way but closer to back end.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:05 PM
Tech Elite

Nothing binding? If you removed the shocks from the arms or towers....do the arms move freely? Might be a diff/slipper issue.
Old 02-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Nothing binding? If you removed the shocks from the arms or towers....do the arms move freely? Might be a diff/slipper issue.
IF the diff is too tight would that cause the rear end to slide? The arms are free and dont bind on anything.. would it be beneficial to add some more wieght or shift my battery more rear-ward... I also think I am getting a bit more push threw in the corners than i would like too... I think a bit more drag brake can cure that though....

Ray do you ever make it up to Hobbytown Lake in the HIlls??
Old 02-21-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Never been to Lake in thr Hills. Might have to make a trip after the Chi-Town Shootout.

Does it only spin out in one direction? Mine was doing that....had a brand new servo that wouldnt center on tight turns in the right direction only. Put in a different servo and it was perfect. I ususally set my diff per the instructions in the kit. Tighten it down just enough so that I can not turn it by hand while hold the outdrives with small bladed screwdrivers. I install the diff in the truck and break it in by pulling light throttle for 30 second (wheels off ground) then I hold the one wheel in the air and the other on touching the ground for another 30 sec then switch wheels. Usually after that I tighten the diff just a bit. I adjust the slipper so that when I grab full throttle the front tires pop off the ground 2-3 inches. To do this I hold one tire with my hand and use the bottom of my radio to hold the other wheel so I can have my trigger finger free for throttle input. I mostly run 17.5 and I have no issues with getting the front tires off of the ground.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

IF the diff is too tight would that cause the rear end to slide? The arms are free and dont bind on anything.. would it be beneficial to add some more wieght or shift my battery more rear-ward... I also think I am getting a bit more push threw in the corners than i would like too... I think a bit more drag brake can cure that though....

My truck is planted with Tebos set up, the only change i had to make was get the front end from diving in the corners by moving the shocks out on the bottom in the front. Now its PLANTED!

Are you using any traction compound on that dry dirt?? When my track starts to dry it gets real slick! I use sticky kicks in Rojo and the tires come back to life!
Old 02-22-2011, 11:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ghostrider86
My truck is planted with Tebos set up, the only change i had to make was get the front end from diving in the corners by moving the shocks out on the bottom in the front. Now its PLANTED!

Are you using any traction compound on that dry dirt?? When my track starts to dry it gets real slick! I use sticky kicks in Rojo and the tires come back to life!
I do have some rojo sticky compound but I didn't want to use it just yet. I wanted to see what the tires had to offer and see hoe the truck handled. I was messing around a bit and I think the front is getting pushed through corners more than guiding the way. Is that why you moved the shocks.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Never been to Lake in thr Hills. Might have to make a trip after the Chi-Town Shootout.

Does it only spin out in one direction? Mine was doing that....had a brand new servo that wouldnt center on tight turns in the right direction only. Put in a different servo and it was perfect. I ususally set my diff per the instructions in the kit. Tighten it down just enough so that I can not turn it by hand while hold the outdrives with small bladed screwdrivers. I install the diff in the truck and break it in by pulling light throttle for 30 second (wheels off ground) then I hold the one wheel in the air and the other on touching the ground for another 30 sec then switch wheels. Usually after that I tighten the diff just a bit. I adjust the slipper so that when I grab full throttle the front tires pop off the ground 2-3 inches. To do this I hold one tire with my hand and use the bottom of my radio to hold the other wheel so I can have my trigger finger free for throttle input. I mostly run 17.5 and I have no issues with getting the front tires off of the ground.
Ray YGPMx3!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can anyone tell me if the SC R shock are any bigger in diameter than the Losi and ASC shocks?

If so by how much?

Thanks!!
Old 02-22-2011, 07:18 PM
Tech Addict

Ghostrider... what inserts are you using with the HB Beams?
Old 02-22-2011, 07:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 97 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spdjunky
Can anyone tell me if the SC R shock are any bigger in diameter than the Losi and ASC shocks?

If so by how much?

Thanks!!
they are smaller...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.