Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
what short course truck should i go with? >

what short course truck should i go with?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what short course truck should i go with?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
Why?
Because, in his opinion, it's the best truck he's seen. I don't agree with him but that's my opinion.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by ohdeeuhm
Because, in his opinion, it's the best truck he's seen. I don't agree with him but that's my opinion.
yep! thats why everyone has there own opinion!!!!
and i am not knocking the others at all...they are all great trucks.....
Old 02-10-2010, 09:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brushless7
handle really well out off the box
Um...never actually driven a Slash
But when you do nothing but add an inch and a half to a Stampede and narrow it by like 3 inches, that is not ThunderbirdJunkie's definition of a good handling truck.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

But when you do nothing but add an inch and a half to a Stampede and narrow it by like 3 inches, that is not ThunderbirdJunkie's definition of a good handling truck.
Crawler would like to make that his SIG.
Old 02-10-2010, 09:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

well actually the springs are different the track width ius different and the cog is different and the wieght bias is different and.......should i really go on? think you should drive one before you judge it.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Crawler
Crawler would like to make that his SIG.
Crawler has ThunderbirdJunkie's permission and blessing
Old 02-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Forgive me if this has already been asked but:

Why does the Thunderbird Junkie refer to himself in the third person point of view

Best SC Truck out of the box, check my signature. Listed you will find the best 2wd and 4wd.

Last edited by kvnjnsn; 02-10-2010 at 10:46 PM. Reason: .
Old 02-10-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by kvnjnsn
Forgive me if this has already been asked but:

Why does the Thunderbird Junkie refer to himself in the third person point of view
Why hath God deemed only Man to be a sentient being capable of large societies for Man only to shelter himself?
Why the sky taketh the color of blue?
Why doth Praying Mantis females eat the male after mating? Is it their fear of abandonment?

Such is ThunderbirdJunkie.
Old 02-10-2010, 10:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Such is ThunderbirdJunkie.
They do exist

Too funny. Thanks for clairification. i have to admit, I do agree with your opinion

Last edited by kvnjnsn; 02-10-2010 at 10:56 PM. Reason: .
Old 02-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Truer words were never spoken.

brushless7, the reason we're saying the slash doesn't handle well is because it has a raised chassis. this raises the weight of the battery, servo and electronics much higher than the sc10, blitz, and others leaving it with a higher center of gravity. i'm sure it does handle well, but there are other trucks that handle better simply by design and focus of the truck. however, higher ground clearance does help out in the bashing department and i think if that's all you're doing, it's the only one to go for.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:36 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ken448
sure he is a great driver, but the truck performed flawless as well.
Well that was Jesse Robbers a Factory Team Pro driver for HPI and one of the top offroad drivers around so its no surprise that the truck looks that good. He can do that with pretty much any truck/buggy he drives. Sure the truck needs to be decent but add a Pro driver and almost any truck looks great. He is a top wheel in offroad.
Old 02-11-2010, 12:53 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LunchboX3904
Truer words were never spoken.

brushless7, the reason we're saying the slash doesn't handle well is because it has a raised chassis. this raises the weight of the battery, servo and electronics much higher than the sc10, blitz, and others leaving it with a higher center of gravity. i'm sure it does handle well, but there are other trucks that handle better simply by design and focus of the truck. however, higher ground clearance does help out in the bashing department and i think if that's all you're doing, it's the only one to go for.
I think better handling is subjective in that to me it depends if where racing these box stock or running ROAR type rules where you can basically change anything you want.

Box stock type racing using stock tires and stock electronics the Slash is to me the best. It easily has the best stock electonics and most hooked up tires from the box. HPI is more adjustable but has the worst speedo. The SC10 has a nice speedo but the slowest servo I have seen and the worst stock tires. The Strike has a really nice speedo and receiver but has reliability issues and less than stellar open spyder gear diff. Running the trucks out of the box is a great equalizer thats for sure.

Now if your running open and can run basically anythingyou want in the trucks then sure I would agree that the HPI and Assoc are over the better trucks. I really like the Slash and I know if I ran open and can change all kinds of stuff it can be competitive but I would have to do more work than I would with the SC10 and Blitz.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
I think better handling is subjective in that to me it depends if where racing these box stock or running ROAR type rules where you can basically change anything you want.

Box stock type racing using stock tires and stock electronics the Slash is to me the best. It easily has the best stock electonics and most hooked up tires from the box. HPI is more adjustable but has the worst speedo. The SC10 has a nice speedo but the slowest servo I have seen and the worst stock tires. The Strike has a really nice speedo and receiver but has reliability issues and less than stellar open spyder gear diff. Running the trucks out of the box is a great equalizer thats for sure.

Now if your running open and can run basically anythingyou want in the trucks then sure I would agree that the HPI and Assoc are over the better trucks. I really like the Slash and I know if I ran open and can change all kinds of stuff it can be competitive but I would have to do more work than I would with the SC10 and Blitz.
i completely understand and agree that handling is subjective if you really put down your fastest lap times with a slash, by all means, keep rockin what works for you. i just meant that by design, a lower center of gravity is a generally accepted way to improve handling characteristics.

and yea, the esc on the blitz is kind of a bummer :P that said, i cannot wait for mine to get here
Old 02-11-2010, 06:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

all of you guys have really good points and i have to agree with all of you! but its hard to deny that the slash is a pretty dang good truck not to mention the trans is basically bomb proof!!!!!thanks for not flaming me to bad
what can i say....i have a soft spot for the lil guy!!!!
Old 02-11-2010, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)
Smile

well i have a blitz thats highly modified and let me tell you quite bulletproof and very raceworthy...i have a strike that is tons of work and upgrades to get right but very competitive after a good revamp..i have a slash 4x4 that i put a bunch of work into and might i say it can hang with the best of em truggies included....but if i was to put my money on anything i would say that at the races the heavily modified sc trucks do best, buy any of them and if you know what your doing (driving that is) youll do great...half the rocket jockeys out their have great cars but no controll on the trigger....im thinking for two wheel though the new soon to be released hpi is gonna squash em.....but the kyosho looks super promising as well...

just my 2 cents

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.