Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
what short course truck should i go with? >

what short course truck should i go with?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what short course truck should i go with?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2010, 12:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T-BirdJunkie
All of you are poor.
me
Old 02-13-2010, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

I also like to own a SCT, but only AE has the kit mode?

The blitz ese is out only in May?

The reason I dont like the AE is because I prefer metric size screws,
can I put metric screws on the kit or get a Blitz rtr, have fun until
the ese is out?
Old 02-13-2010, 06:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I vote blitz i am biased thow i have 3. I like the "ESE" but since i have 3 i will probably spend my $$ on a 4wd sct. I would like it to be a hpi 4wd Blitz but don't know if i can hold out that long.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:03 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I love this forum, people try and point out some valid facts, can't come up with a rebuttal so they start with the insults.

Now do you really want to be that guy on 56k, only because you refuse/don't want to pay that the little extra it cost up front to make your racing a little more headache free in the long run?

If you guys want spec, kewl but lets revisit the rules so everyone can enjoy it.
Not sure about rules. Each track has their own set and if you don't like them go elsewhere. Its just that simple. We have more open classes at every track so one simple spec class won't hurt.

As for the 56k you act like brushless is needed for reliability but truth is that is just not the truth. I work at a shop daily and we rent out Slash trucks and to say you need to spend more is just totally false statement!!!!!! I'm glad are shop don't give are customers totally false info like that because its not long til your out of business if you use the theory of spend more and it will be cheaper later!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what shops tells you bs like that so I never buy from them.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyd
Not sure about rules. Each track has their own set and if you don't like them go elsewhere. Its just that simple. We have more open classes at every track so one simple spec class won't hurt.

As for the 56k you act like brushless is needed for reliability but truth is that is just not the truth. I work at a shop daily and we rent out Slash trucks and to say you need to spend more is just totally false statement!!!!!! I'm glad are shop don't give are customers totally false info like that because its not long til your out of business if you use the theory of spend more and it will be cheaper later!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let me know what shops tells you bs like that so I never buy from them.
My point was you will spend less over the long run on a brushless setup and while they might be more expensive they will cost you less over time. The logic that it's to expensive is a thing of the past with cheaper brushless set-ups coming out monthly driving the price down. But it's cool if you want to keep running brushed motors got for it. While you are at it, ditch your lipos and go back to NIMH batteries.

And I have been using brushed motors for 20 years, they are NOT more reliable than brushless. I don't need a shop to tell me, I have seen first hand. And how would not pushing brushed motors on customers cause a shop to go out of business? If anything the customers will be thankful for you introducing them to the better, more efficient, cooler running brushless setups that require no break-in procedure and little to no maintenance?
Old 02-13-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

I have a slash and it's a great vehicle it does what I want and doesn't break..also if you run spec the slash has a decent esc/motor combo(the esc actually has a ton of brakes I dunno if anyone uses them but I do. I have also tried the blitz esc and I hated the fact I had almost no brakes and reverse(no matter what!)

I do wish they'd allow 17.5 in stock class there is no real speed advantage you just get something more efficient and well you don't have to change motors often depending on how much you run( I used to run my slash daily and burnt 4 motors or so with 17.5 I wouldn't have to worry about that...so I would love to see 17.5 make spec class here locally
Old 02-13-2010, 03:25 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

My point was you will spend less over the long run on a brushless setup and while they might be more expensive they will cost you less over time. The logic that it's to expensive is a thing of the past with cheaper brushless set-ups coming out monthly driving the price down. But it's cool if you want to keep running brushed motors got for it. While you are at it, ditch your lipos and go back to NIMH batteries.

And I have been using brushed motors for 20 years, they are NOT more reliable than brushless. I don't need a shop to tell me, I have seen first hand. And how would not pushing brushed motors on customers cause a shop to go out of business? If anything the customers will be thankful for you introducing them to the better, more efficient, cooler running brushless setups that require no break-in procedure and little to no maintenance?
The bizarre arguments here bashing Spec racing just don't add up. These comprise the biggest classes in our area, for a reason. Not everyone is going to want to fork out $150+ for a brushless system.

SaladFork???? Where did you come up with that name? Why not SoupSpoon or SteakKnife??
Old 02-13-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

But it's cool if you want to keep running brushed motors got for it. While you are at it, ditch your lipos and go back to NIMH batteries.
So tempted to install the 14x2, Cyclone ESC, and SxS pack in the SC10 now...

Need to get the comm turned and new brushes/springs though.
Old 02-13-2010, 03:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blade329
The bizarre arguments here bashing Spec racing just don't add up. These comprise the biggest classes in our area, for a reason. Not everyone is going to want to fork out $150+ for a brushless system.

SaladFork???? Where did you come up with that name? Why not SoupSpoon or SteakKnife??
Well I suspect in a few years it will be hard to find a brushed motor. Quite a few of the new RTR kits are now brushless. So regardless of not wanting to pay the 150 now, you will at some point pay it later. Keep spec, but give us more options that what is 'pulled from the box'.

SoupSpoon & SteakKnife where both taken...
Old 02-13-2010, 03:47 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

OvenMit??
Old 02-13-2010, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Well I suspect in a few years it will be hard to find a brushed motor. Quite a few of the new RTR kits are now brushless. So regardless of not wanting to pay the 150 now, you will at some point pay it later. Keep spec, but give us more options that what is 'pulled from the box'.

I agree to a point but I only want 17.5 allowed I do just fine with the stock servo and tires in the kit...just allow the 17.5 and Im satisfied lol