Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011, 03:12 PM
Tech Regular

i've been running the car for 3 weeks now on off-road carpet had some severe landings with no issues so far. car is built very well just wondering what is up with spare parts hmmmm! will do a tear down this week and see whats loose or worn
Old 11-07-2011, 03:14 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hopsing
With the o-ring on there I havent had the need to do it tighter than hand tight. I have no leaks from the cap at all.
Originally Posted by Matt Howard
+1, hand tight is fine, no leaks here either
Ok, sounds good.. I have been tightening them down a little tighter then that... ill try general hand-tight and see what I get. Thanks. The reason I ask is because the top of the body is molded with angles, which look like they are designed for a tool of some kind, like my TLR22 shocks had.

Patrick at SDRC broke his rack.... he glued it back together and traced it out on a piece of aluminum and cut it out to make his own.
Do you race at SDRC? I will be down in San Diego in two weeks and was planning on showing up and checking the place out. What night is your primary race night?
Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Ok, sounds good.. I have been tightening them down a little tighter then that... ill try general hand-tight and see what I get. Thanks. The reason I ask is because the top of the body is molded with angles, which look like they are designed for a tool of some kind, like my TLR22 shocks had.

Do you race at SDRC? I will be down in San Diego in two weeks and was planning on showing up and checking the place out. What night is your primary race night?
When I go, its usually Friday nights. Let me know when you plan on going and I'll try to plan to be there.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:23 PM

Trader Rating: 470 (100%+)

Hey fellas,

Can anyone tell me how much room the chassis side pods have for the esc? I am thinking of down grading my Tekin equipment and just getting the gtb 2 with a 10.5 for the mod class.

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2011, 03:26 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Posvar
Hey fellas,

Can anyone tell me how much room the chassis side pods have for the esc? I am thinking of down grading my Tekin equipment and just getting the gtb 2 with a 10.5 for the mod class.

Thanks!
you should be fine, I'm running a HW 120amp in mine with no problems. It's got a bigger footprint than the Tekins
Old 11-07-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Is there a shock tool for the durango shocks to hold the body tight while screwing on the shock caps? I dont' want to use pliers on the top of the shock body and scratch them!
I have the Integy (cough, gag...) shock pliers and use them every time I rebuild shocks. http://www.rcplanet.com/ProductDetai...cINTC23249BLUE

They hold the bodies and shafts of the small and big bore TD shocks and my SC10 shocks perfectly. They should also work on 1/8 shocks too if that means anything to you, but we only run 1/10 scale.

I only use the to hold the body though and tighten the caps by hand- no leaks here.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I broke the rear tower...2 actually. The first one was after landing upside down right on the tower, deserved that one, the second one was as the rear suspension compressed upon casing a jump...that one I'm no so sure about. They both broke in the same place, right at the base of the open space where the tower starts to curve out. I may reinforce that area on the new tower once I get it as it does look a little spindly considering the weight of the buggy. And I'm *really* hard on shock towers

-rocky b
Old 11-07-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Lord

When I go, its usually Friday nights. Let me know when you plan on going and I'll try to plan to be there.
The 25th, if there's racing. Im down on the 20th, and I leave the 30th.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Tech Initiate

missing my lower shock cap look on amain site there back order for the red ones .. anyone know were to get 1 at ??
Old 11-07-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by Torres
missing my lower shock cap look on amain site there back order for the red ones .. anyone know were to get 1 at ??
I would call durango.. my bet is they would ship you out some replacements with a quickness.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

The 25th, if there's racing. Im down on the 20th, and I leave the 30th.
Yup, Nov 25th would be a Friday, racing starts at 7pm, track opens at 2pm.
They also race on Wednesday nights and Saturday's at 4pm.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:25 PM
Tech Lord

Yup, Nov 25th would be a Friday, racing starts at 7pm, track opens at 2pm.
They also race on Wednesday nights and Saturday's at 4pm.
Sweet! too bad I can't bring my stuff, or I would come race for an evening. Ill have to settle for hanging out, chit chattin, and/or pit crewing.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Torres
Same issue in my kit and someone else posted they were missing one too. I called the number on the extra piece of paper in the kit last week. I was told they would be in stock this week, and he would ship them to me asap.

I am still pissed. Had kit shipped 3 day air so I could put it together and race last weekend. Out the money for shipping and did not get to race. I work the next 2 weekends, then Thanksgiving, vacation out of country next 2 weekends, son's first birthday the next, Christmas, New Years, work again. Literally next year before I can race again, wtf. I understand issues with the kit, but hell, he did not even say sorry.
Old 11-07-2011, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Sweet! too bad I can't bring my stuff, or I would come race for an evening. Ill have to settle for hanging out, chit chattin, and/or pit crewing.
Bah! See you there Steve.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Anyone else using the sc10 gear diff in there dex210? . I had to add a ton of shims to make it fit . raced mine on carpet and love it .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.