Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flame56mx
Well, I would like to update some info also. I have the std flex +8 chassis, and I installed the Dimec20 in my sons car. I drive on a clay med-med/hi bite track, and his is definitely better than mine. I figured with the lower temps in my area, that the softer chassis may be a better choice, but it makes my car lazy compared to his, the stiiffer chassis is much more consistent, at least IMO. The softer chassis will be good in low traction situations.
Sounds like I am going to have to buy both!

I'm in no hurry though, and I am pretty happy with the standard metal chassis. But like anything you never know until you try it.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
Sounds like I am going to have to buy both!

I'm in no hurry though, and I am pretty happy with the standard metal chassis. But like anything you never know until you try it.
Lol, that's what I did, and I like the std Dimec+8, it feels more forgiving, but maybe a bit too much for higher traction where maybe it flexes too much. The Dimec 20 feels better in a straight up same tire, same set-up comparison on our clay indoor track.
Old 11-23-2012, 08:47 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

would you say it feels similar to the alloy chassis (the dimec20)
Old 11-23-2012, 08:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
would you say it feels similar to the alloy chassis (the dimec20)
Dimec 20 is close, still has more flex, but that could be due to the extra length.
I would say they (Dimec 20 and alloy) drive similar, but the extra +8 feels inspiring..like it can be pushed farther before it becomes upset..
Old 11-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

thanks. so if I liked the feel of the alloy but wanted composite and length, the dimec20 would be the way to go.
Old 11-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

so im thinking about buying an rtr buggy. i drove someones at the track and it felt awful. it had an on power push and as soon as you let off it spun out.

are they all like that ? i race on a regular basis in 2wd sc and do fairly well. i have the durango desc210r and i love it. iam on the fence about the buggy just because of how that one felt.

thanks for any input.
Old 11-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by twisted
so im thinking about buying an rtr buggy. i drove someones at the track and it felt awful. it had an on power push and as soon as you let off it spun out.

are they all like that ? i race on a regular basis in 2wd sc and do fairly well. i have the durango desc210r and i love it. iam on the fence about the buggy just because of how that one felt.

thanks for any input.
If you like the SC, and enjoy driving buggies then you'll dig the 210. Personally I would get the kit and buy a +8 chassis for it- I prefer building kits myself, so it's half the work in the end. Any RTR that I may have bought (been a long time) I disassembled and built from the ground up.

Cush has been running various versions of the std length chassis and hasn't been as comfortable as with his CF +8 car. Bolting up a DIMEC20 tonight to run on Sunday- hoping it's as good as his CF +8 was, cause that thing was ridiculously good.
Old 11-23-2012, 02:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0ddy_44
Hey Darren!!!! Where did you nab the plastic chassis from?? I trust the Goldy is still golden.. Be up in a few months!!!
Hi Toddy

I had to get some stuff from tower so I through it in my order for $34 I could not say no lol to at least try it.

I brought the stiffer one because of our heat on the Gold Coast.

I did change from black rear springs back to the dark blue

And I still run the 6 hole stock pistons with about 400 Durango oil but thinking about going up 450 to try. But I am going to do a lighter set of shocks with say 350 oil to compare back to back as I am not 100% sure which way I want it to feel
Old 11-23-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by twisted

thanks for any input.
A good car with poor setup is a bad example to test, but the same good car with the right setup is dialed.. you like your desc, you should feel right at home with the Dex210.

Maybe the other car was setup with trailing front axles, or 20* castor??? Or just too damn much rear traction?? Like there could ever be too much traction..
Old 11-23-2012, 08:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
A good car with poor setup is a bad example to test, but the same good car with the right setup is dialed.. you like your desc, you should feel right at home with the Dex210.

Maybe the other car was setup with trailing front axles, or 20* castor??? Or just too damn much rear traction?? Like there could ever be too much traction..
I totally agree. I'll go one further. My car is totally dialed, until I throw a new set of tires on. Then it feels like the biggest piece of crap I have ever driven, for about 5 battery packs... Then, it is good again. Wrong tires on an awesome car can cause some to buy a losi....
Old 11-23-2012, 09:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Ive had some experience with the RTR 210. Its actually a nice piece. The electronics are good stuff. The setup out of the box was right on in camber links and stuff. It had the front axles all the way forward, I moved em back. The shocks had ok fluid, but I did make 4 hole ones with the included blanks. Put some 2k in the diff, which came dry. Only bummer was the kit tires, no good for anything indoor. But all in all best rtr buggy Ive ever seen.
Old 11-23-2012, 09:51 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

rtr and kit version both seems like a great buggy just gotta know how to adjust it , on a 4x sc i tried blockade tires on clay for a lap or two and i was power drifting every corner switched to suburbs and it made a 5 sec lap time difference on the first lap the clay was wet to but the side bite that suburbs had kept the truck from drifting sideways
Old 11-23-2012, 10:23 PM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joelwhite
Ive had some experience with the RTR 210. Its actually a nice piece. The electronics are good stuff. The setup out of the box was right on in camber links and stuff. It had the front axles all the way forward, I moved em back. The shocks had ok fluid, but I did make 4 hole ones with the included blanks. Put some 2k in the diff, which came dry. Only bummer was the kit tires, no good for anything indoor. But all in all best rtr buggy Ive ever seen.
so it comes with a gear diff ? and what electronics does the rtr have , my price came in around $550 not rtr or kit build it ground up but itll be a track ready desc210 just because electronics and a few upgrades
Old 11-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cspurlock
I totally agree. I'll go one further. My car is totally dialed, until I throw a new set of tires on. Then it feels like the biggest piece of crap I have ever driven, for about 5 battery packs... Then, it is good again. Wrong tires on an awesome car can cause some to buy a losi....
I always find it facinating that for every guy that wants to go to a Losi, there is a Losi guy that wants to go to a 210, and a 210 guy that wants to go to a B4.1, and a B4.1 guy that goes to Losi. The grass is always greener on the other side of the street.
Old 11-23-2012, 10:54 PM
Tech Master

Id like to know what buggy you guys drove before coming to the 210, and what brought you to the 210.

After an RC vacation I came back in 2011, and started with the Losi 22. I could not drive the 22 to save my life. It was like no matter what I did, I just could not get it to hook up. I loved the car quality wise, it felt really stable, but I was slower than I have ever been.

I then tried the B4.1 Worlds. Great car, but it always felt a little light to me no matter how much weight I added. My lap times were much improved, but I never felt confident. I was running the buggy during the big bore spring craze. After converting to hexes, springs, etc., the buggy did feel pretty good but still a bit jittery for me.

The 210 is the best of all three in my opinion. The stability of the 22, the agility and turning of the B4.1, and the balanced feel you get from the 210. I feel like I can throw the car around the track and it will not let me down. The only negative for me is the ball cups. At first they were fine, but after one started popping off, the rest seemed to follow.

Also, things others have mentioned that were issues have all came to pass for me. Upgrade the RF hinge pin brace to metal, the steering rack brace with carbon or metal, and get the carbon rear brace that Tresrey sells to get the rear inner ball studs off the tranny and you will be bullet proof. I promise.

I describe my driving style as a "go for the triple with a 13.5" kind of driver. As a result, I have had some spectacular crashes and the 210 has proven to be very durable and fun to drive.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.