Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2013, 08:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slakr
@Fishhook --> ANGRY JAKE? ...LOL
Maybe a little of my "inner Jake" coming out. I just don't get why someone would ask a question, get an answer, then decides to bash people?!?!
Old 05-01-2013, 08:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blingy
actually that wasnt well played that is old news and now i know not to ask any questions on this thread and i want to thank you for that that you want to represent the company in a bad way , thnx
Why are you getting so upset since he answered your question? I doubt anyone here works for Durango R&D so how on earth would we know if Durango is coming out with a new car. I see no reason for them to come out with a new DEX210 since it hasn't been out for long.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

actually that wasnt well played that is old news and now i know not to ask any questions on this thread and i want to thank you for that that you want to represent the company in a bad way , thnx
My intent was to be funny, I thought his response was clever. Though guys like Rob and I areon the TD roster, we are not privy to information like that. All I can do is the same that any other logical thinking rc enthusiast can- by the way TD is pricing their kits, it seems they are trying to liquidate their current stock. That typically indicates something new coming, but that's just a guess on my part. Plus, as part of our contracts we sign confidentiality agreements. Even if we had access to information like you're asking for, revealing it would be cause for termination of our contract. Sorry it's not what you want to hear, but it's the truth.
Old 05-01-2013, 09:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

im not upset ,it just goes to show you why people get a dislike for a brand due to the response or actions they get from a person who looks like they represent a brand ie. michael phelps or tiger woods
Old 05-01-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

im not upset ,it just goes to show you why people get a dislike for a brand due to the response or actions they get from a person who looks like they represent a brand ie. michael phelps or tiger woods
to be fair, this is a fan forum...i wouldn't take what is said here to be any reflection on the company, but merely a reflection on the people making the comments themselves.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

They are coming out with 2 new cars.
1/8 EL truggy and the 1/10 touring car.

TD people are always testing new stuff.. like all the stuff at the EOS races.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand
+2

In fact, it will probably hurt you since there are tight corners where the shorter wheelbase would work better. IMO, the longer chassis will only work in the larger tracks (think Cactus Classic track) AND if you're good enough to turn super consistent laps to notice the difference...
You are wrong bud our indoor track is high bite clay track and it's about the same size with tight turns. I put the +10 Tresrey chassis at first my buggy felt lazy and it's not turning like the DIMEC chassis but a little setup change my buggy can turn like no other... But however I think the +8 DIMEC chassis generate a tad bit of traction. I manage to TQ again last night on our club race by a lap but then again DURANGO got me on the main. I was leading by half a lap with minutes to go after the small double darn front shock tower snap and end my race... "DURANGO is like Formula 1 cars they are fast and fragile lol.."
Old 05-01-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Has anyone had issues with cf shock towers. Looking into getting some and got a couple mixed opinions locally
Old 05-01-2013, 11:44 AM
Tech Elite

My Cream front tower has survived my first race night without issues, but then again I've never broken a front tower, but have worn the top on a 45* angle. I've pre ordered a STRC rear tower so we'll see how that holds up once I get it.
Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AP3XMONK3Y
Has anyone had issues with cf shock towers. Looking into getting some and got a couple mixed opinions locally
I broke one 2 weeks ago, after a year of service. it was due to not shimming the tower on the gearcase.
The motorplate was banging on the tower. it held for a year.
I now have the tresrey CF tower and used the red spacers between the gearcase and tower. now the motorplate cant hit the tower on rear impact.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by murky123
I broke one 2 weeks ago, after a year of service. it was due to not shimming the tower on the gearcase.
The motorplate was banging on the tower. it held for a year.
I now have the tresrey CF tower and used the red spacers between the gearcase and tower. now the motorplate cant hit the tower on rear impact.
Thank u much. That's good to hear they've lasted u that long
Old 05-01-2013, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

I would do CF on the rear shock tower and use the stock shock tower up front. Stock shock tower up front will give you more mechanical grip. I'm tempted to use F/R Carbon Fiber shock tower but the front shock is the one take a lot of abuse.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

We've had the cream towers on since Tresrey brought them into the states on two cars. We've run indoor and outdoor, large tracks and small tracks, and never broken one. It's one of those upgrades that is not only functional, but darn good looking too!
Old 05-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jochim_18
You are wrong bud our indoor track is high bite clay track and it's about the same size with tight turns. I put the +10 Tresrey chassis at first my buggy felt lazy and it's not turning like the DIMEC chassis but a little setup change my buggy can turn like no other... But however I think the +8 DIMEC chassis generate a tad bit of traction. I manage to TQ again last night on our club race by a lap but then again DURANGO got me on the main. I was leading by half a lap with minutes to go after the small double darn front shock tower snap and end my race... "DURANGO is like Formula 1 cars they are fast and fragile lol.."
You are certainly entitled to your opinion, just the same as I am.
Old 05-01-2013, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for all the replies on the shock towers. I'm ordering some right now

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.