Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JKRacing37
That is a gorgeous buggy. I really like the looks of those towers. I might end up going that route right out of the gate.

Thanks for posting that pic!
WOW... someone's got time on their hands... I'm jealous! Not because you have a great painted body for your DEX.... But that you actually have the time to do so!
Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by discgolferlee
really. first time I have heard of this fix. Thinking of ordering up exotek rear tower as it looks beefy. maybe I will have to add the 1mm spacer. all 3 towers have broken in the same spot exactly.

This is because of the flexing and the tower hitting the motor plate, then something has to give.
Using the 1-1.5mm shims moves the tower away from the plate giving it that room to flex and not hitting the plate.
You could also file the screw bump on the plate as well
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ball studs lol. Ive broken both towers, front and rear a arms, riped ball studs out of the trans case, broken rear hubs ripped ball stud out of them. Now I have broken both c hubs right and left in the last two wks. The only thing thats been solid on this car is the ball studs But I still love this car!!
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-dex-210-004.jpg  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Ifmar mini pins? What kind of track conditions do you run in? That is also the go to tire at my track when it i dry, and step pins or studs when wet.
Old 01-15-2013, 04:43 AM
Tech Elite

Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand
WOW... someone's got time on their hands... I'm jealous! Not because you have a great painted body for your DEX.... But that you actually have the time to do so!
For me, i have the time to wrench on my buggy, add some bling, do a basic paint job, but all this usually occurs at night and after hours. Too busy with work to race, so a buddy and i have kind of made it a tradition to practice on Sundays.

I have even brought my gear with me on business road trips, and have driven tracks in NV and CA if/when i have the chance.

If there is a will there is a way.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by symmetricon
Ifmar mini pins? What kind of track conditions do you run in? That is also the go to tire at my track when it i dry, and step pins or studs when wet.
schumacher mini pins
carpet track
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default slipper help please

I have just recently taken my tranny apart for maintenance due to some binding issues. I put the tranny back together as instructed but still have the binding issues.

I've looked very closely and found out now that the slipper plate has some play from side to side. I tighten down the spring yet still big time slipping and some play from side to side. I have added a washer onto shaft on the inside (back) slipper plate that goes through the motor plate. Now no slipping or play.

Is there a chance that the inside slipper plate has worn out enough to cause the play from side to side and not allowing the slipper to tighten?

Thanks
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Well, just received an email response from RDRP. They will only release the +11, and it will be mid March. They also updated that on FB and Live RC. I will have to pass on the +11. I don't want a DEX22. Heck, +5 was more my speed. But 8 seems to be what the off road dirt/clay drivers wanted including myself. This should make the carpet/eu guys happy. They have no plans to make a desc210 or dest210 chassis.
Old 01-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by nismomike
Well, just received an email response from RDRP. They will only release the +11, and it will be mid March. They also updated that on FB and Live RC. I will have to pass on the +11. I don't want a DEX22. Heck, +5 was more my speed. But 8 seems to be what the off road dirt/clay drivers wanted including myself. This should make the carpet/eu guys happy. They have no plans to make a desc210 or dest210 chassis.
Something makes me think we will see chassis' from other companies soon.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Czechexican
Ball studs lol. Ive broken both towers, front and rear a arms, riped ball studs out of the trans case, broken rear hubs ripped ball stud out of them. Now I have broken both c hubs right and left in the last two wks. The only thing thats been solid on this car is the ball studs But I still love this car!!
I ment ball cups
Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

What is the better steering link upgrade? Carbon or aluminum. I would think the aluminum will add a little extra weight to the front end.
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Tech Elite

schumacher mini pins
carpet track
wow , i shouldnt post up questions before i have my coffee i the morning..lol
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
Something makes me think we will see chassis' from other companies soon.
I would prefer and basically will hold out for a +8 metal chassis. Part of the reason i went to Durango was for the durability and solid feel of a metal chassis. Not sure why a company would limit itself to a +11 chassis only. Especially with no data, support or even a reason why +11 is better than +8 or even stock.
Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
I would prefer and basically will hold out for a +8 metal chassis. Part of the reason i went to Durango was for the durability and solid feel of a metal chassis. Not sure why a company would limit itself to a +11 chassis only. Especially with no data, support or even a reason why +11 is better than +8 or even stock.
I think that is pretty much their marketing plan right there. They are the only manufacturer that is producing large quantities of this and will have absolutely no competition, at least for the time being. It is kind of enticing but how much of a difference is an extra 3mm??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.