Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Durango DEX210 Thread >

Durango DEX210 Thread

Like Tree67Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Reply

Old 01-14-2013, 09:26 PM
  #9706  
Tech Regular
 
M3Armand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 263
Default

Originally Posted by JKRacing37 View Post
That is a gorgeous buggy. I really like the looks of those towers. I might end up going that route right out of the gate.

Thanks for posting that pic!
WOW... someone's got time on their hands... I'm jealous! Not because you have a great painted body for your DEX.... But that you actually have the time to do so!
M3Armand is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 11:57 PM
  #9707  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by discgolferlee View Post
really. first time I have heard of this fix. Thinking of ordering up exotek rear tower as it looks beefy. maybe I will have to add the 1mm spacer. all 3 towers have broken in the same spot exactly.

This is because of the flexing and the tower hitting the motor plate, then something has to give.
Using the 1-1.5mm shims moves the tower away from the plate giving it that room to flex and not hitting the plate.
You could also file the screw bump on the plate as well
onekiwi is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:29 AM
  #9708  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
The Czechexican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Ball studs lol. Ive broken both towers, front and rear a arms, riped ball studs out of the trans case, broken rear hubs ripped ball stud out of them. Now I have broken both c hubs right and left in the last two wks. The only thing thats been solid on this car is the ball studs But I still love this car!!
Attached Thumbnails Durango DEX210 Thread-dex-210-004.jpg  
The Czechexican is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 AM
  #9709  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by discgolferlee View Post

Ifmar mini pins? What kind of track conditions do you run in? That is also the go to tire at my track when it i dry, and step pins or studs when wet.
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 04:43 AM
  #9710  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

......
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:41 AM
  #9711  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,146
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by M3Armand View Post
WOW... someone's got time on their hands... I'm jealous! Not because you have a great painted body for your DEX.... But that you actually have the time to do so!
For me, i have the time to wrench on my buggy, add some bling, do a basic paint job, but all this usually occurs at night and after hours. Too busy with work to race, so a buddy and i have kind of made it a tradition to practice on Sundays.

I have even brought my gear with me on business road trips, and have driven tracks in NV and CA if/when i have the chance.

If there is a will there is a way.
zipperfoot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:47 AM
  #9712  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (43)
 
discgolferlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Adrian, Michigan
Posts: 960
Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by symmetricon View Post
Ifmar mini pins? What kind of track conditions do you run in? That is also the go to tire at my track when it i dry, and step pins or studs when wet.
schumacher mini pins
carpet track
discgolferlee is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 AM
  #9713  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (4)
 
Redwings's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto Ontario Canada
Posts: 302
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default slipper help please

I have just recently taken my tranny apart for maintenance due to some binding issues. I put the tranny back together as instructed but still have the binding issues.

I've looked very closely and found out now that the slipper plate has some play from side to side. I tighten down the spring yet still big time slipping and some play from side to side. I have added a washer onto shaft on the inside (back) slipper plate that goes through the motor plate. Now no slipping or play.

Is there a chance that the inside slipper plate has worn out enough to cause the play from side to side and not allowing the slipper to tighten?

Thanks
Redwings is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:10 AM
  #9714  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (6)
 
nismomike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Gilbert AZ
Posts: 867
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Well, just received an email response from RDRP. They will only release the +11, and it will be mid March. They also updated that on FB and Live RC. I will have to pass on the +11. I don't want a DEX22. Heck, +5 was more my speed. But 8 seems to be what the off road dirt/clay drivers wanted including myself. This should make the carpet/eu guys happy. They have no plans to make a desc210 or dest210 chassis.
nismomike is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:53 PM
  #9715  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (75)
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Stokes, NC
Posts: 6,562
Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by nismomike View Post
Well, just received an email response from RDRP. They will only release the +11, and it will be mid March. They also updated that on FB and Live RC. I will have to pass on the +11. I don't want a DEX22. Heck, +5 was more my speed. But 8 seems to be what the off road dirt/clay drivers wanted including myself. This should make the carpet/eu guys happy. They have no plans to make a desc210 or dest210 chassis.
Something makes me think we will see chassis' from other companies soon.
Raul Garcia is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
  #9716  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
The Czechexican's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 279
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by The Czechexican View Post
Ball studs lol. Ive broken both towers, front and rear a arms, riped ball studs out of the trans case, broken rear hubs ripped ball stud out of them. Now I have broken both c hubs right and left in the last two wks. The only thing thats been solid on this car is the ball studs But I still love this car!!
I ment ball cups
The Czechexican is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:37 PM
  #9717  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 136
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

What is the better steering link upgrade? Carbon or aluminum. I would think the aluminum will add a little extra weight to the front end.
microracer25 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:43 PM
  #9718  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
symmetricon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: houston
Posts: 4,857
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by discgolferlee View Post
schumacher mini pins
carpet track
wow , i shouldnt post up questions before i have my coffee i the morning..lol
symmetricon is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM
  #9719  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,146
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia View Post
Something makes me think we will see chassis' from other companies soon.
I would prefer and basically will hold out for a +8 metal chassis. Part of the reason i went to Durango was for the durability and solid feel of a metal chassis. Not sure why a company would limit itself to a +11 chassis only. Especially with no data, support or even a reason why +11 is better than +8 or even stock.
zipperfoot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:20 PM
  #9720  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (14)
 
ewashburnaf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: NC
Posts: 469
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
I would prefer and basically will hold out for a +8 metal chassis. Part of the reason i went to Durango was for the durability and solid feel of a metal chassis. Not sure why a company would limit itself to a +11 chassis only. Especially with no data, support or even a reason why +11 is better than +8 or even stock.
I think that is pretty much their marketing plan right there. They are the only manufacturer that is producing large quantities of this and will have absolutely no competition, at least for the time being. It is kind of enticing but how much of a difference is an extra 3mm??
ewashburnaf is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service