Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2012, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

After 3 weeks of racing this buggy, all I can say is that it's the most fun I've ever had racing 2wheel. I ran kyosho cars the last time I ran 2wheel. This car is every bit the quality and a little easier to drive. I got the car 2nd hand from a guy who had a ruff time with it. When I got it there were a few broken parts. The gearbox was broken in two places (camber mount and one of the tower mounts). In the 3 weeks that I have been running it, I have broken the rear tower three times and the steering rack once. All three times that I broke the tower, it was from the rear wheels catching the end of the table top and flipping and landing on the tower.

I got such a good deal on the car that I sprung for the Lundsford kit. I thought about getting CF towers but I dont want to transfer the stress to the gearbox which takes a bit longer to replace.
Old 10-13-2012, 06:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigRon
After 3 weeks of racing this buggy, all I can say is that it's the most fun I've ever had racing 2wheel. I ran kyosho cars the last time I ran 2wheel. This car is every bit the quality and a little easier to drive. I got the car 2nd hand from a guy who had a ruff time with it. When I got it there were a few broken parts. The gearbox was broken in two places (camber mount and one of the tower mounts). In the 3 weeks that I have been running it, I have broken the rear tower three times and the steering rack once. All three times that I broke the tower, it was from the rear wheels catching the end of the table top and flipping and landing on the tower.

I got such a good deal on the car that I sprung for the Lundsford kit. I thought about getting CF towers but I dont want to transfer the stress to the gearbox which takes a bit longer to replace.
Sup Ron..you gonna run WRL next sat? I'm gonna make the trip..

The buggy is good! I personally have only broke one rear tower. I've ran the DEX210 since Dec last year. I've thoroughly thrashed it at 1/8 tracks this summer with no issues.
I would spring for the Exotek steering rack and perhaps their rear tower if you want to for some extra peace of mind...I still run plastic. I think running the JConcepts rear wing helps...very thick and durable. It will help soften the blow if you land tire side up.

http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-c...r-shock-tower/
http://www.exotekracing.com/dex210-d...steering-link/
Old 10-13-2012, 08:00 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

My car has been very durable as well, actually the only time I have pulled it off the track early, was last week when I let a buddy wheel it, broke a c-hub. I have a big box of spares, but I haven't had to use em..
Old 10-13-2012, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by murky123
You cant say I have been keeping her on the shelf.
One year battle scars with still the original chassis and arms
And its not from bashing. just clean racing and testing on hardpacked dirt

Well done!
Old 10-13-2012, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Cain;11319895]What issue is the CF Steering rack fixing over say the stock one?=Quote]

The stock one flexes a lot, is very thin, and people say it's a common part that breaks. I don't like to ad too much bling, but when i was building my car and noticed how flimsy the rack looked and felt, i immediately ordered the carbon piece.
Old 10-14-2012, 04:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What will forward hole position on steering rack do for the car?
Old 10-14-2012, 08:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 444 (100%+)

Hey Ron how is the CF rack you got off me doing? Oh and check mine out got to race it for first time yesterday LOL I think I need a couple more thing for WRL!

Old 10-14-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 380 (99%+)

Can someone explain to me how to correct this? Or what I did wrong building it? It does it both ways.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...-34-15_135.mp4
Old 10-14-2012, 10:08 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jonski
Can someone explain to me how to correct this? Or what I did wrong building it? It does it both ways.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y23...-34-15_135.mp4
as long as your trailing with the right spacers it is the best itll get ,or use the hole closes to the rear on a cf steering rack to ,,i was 4mm traling with 3mm of spacers behind the hub and 1mm in front of the hub and my steering would lock if it rolled backwards but not forward i changed to 4mm spacers behind the hub like its suposed to be for 4mm trailing and everything works fine for me now and my cf steering rack only has one hole in the center so i couldnt adjust that
Old 10-14-2012, 10:16 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

how much weight are you guys adding to these buggys, i put 37g total on the front and i have everything center mounted rear to front - motor cf tower esc reciever shorty low profile savox servo, i have about 10mm i could move the battery to i havent tested it yet i just put the weights under the servo since its lighter and under the belcrank
Old 10-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Tech Addict

Jerry, the rack is working fine. I havent had anymore issues, but I havent hit any humans sitting on the tabletop either . i did however have the right rear driveshaft come out of the outdrive during a vicious tumble. Looks like I may need to shim them back a little bit.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Jerry, the rack is working fine. I havent had anymore issues, but I havent hit any humans sitting on the tabletop either . i did however have the right rear driveshaft come out of the outdrive during a vicious tumble. Looks like I may need to shim them back a little bit.
Glad to see you have been able to get that sweet Dango from going between the walls. Your car looked great Saturday, dialed!
Old 10-14-2012, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

By the way jerry, I'm having a fun time trying to find that exact rack. You wouldn't happen to know who makes it do you?
Old 10-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Im not 100% sure, but it may be the Atomic Carbon rack.

http://www.nortechracing.com/ac/
Old 10-14-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Addict

Joel, that wasn't the dango in the wall. That was the snake !! This car is very fun to drive. Can't wait to wheel it again.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.