Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 09:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hey guys just ordered one of these buggies. What should i know or do while building the kit right away. Also does anyone know a good starting setup for a high bite carpet track??? Also how is the quality of the tresrey option parts. Looking at picking some parts up from them. Thanks for any input.
Old 12-01-2012, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pinionizer
Hey guys just ordered one of these buggies. What should i know or do while building the kit right away. Also does anyone know a good starting setup for a high bite carpet track??? Also how is the quality of the tresrey option parts. Looking at picking some parts up from them. Thanks for any input.
Read about the ballcups. I don't recommend boiling them - but tap'ing them out and greasing them.

Watch the video about building the ball diff. Almost noone gets it right the first time.

Otherwise, it's pretty good out of the box. Take a look at some of the setups on Durango's website.

On a carpet track, you'll definitely want to go with a MM (Mid-motor) setup - probably the MM3.

Tresrey parts are good, but I prefer the Exotek parts - I like to stay with the factory gold and their parts are par-none for quality!

http://www.exotekracing.com/durango/
Old 12-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by M3Man03
Read about the ballcups. I don't recommend boiling them - but tap'ing them out and greasing them.

Watch the video about building the ball diff. Almost noone gets it right the first time.

Otherwise, it's pretty good out of the box. Take a look at some of the setups on Durango's website.

On a carpet track, you'll definitely want to go with a MM (Mid-motor) setup - probably the MM3.

Tresrey parts are good, but I prefer the Exotek parts - I like to stay with the factory gold and their parts are par-none for quality!

http://www.exotekracing.com/durango/
+1 on not boiling the cups...that's a stupid idea (my opinion). OR you could just jump the gun and get the associated ballcups mod (search within this thread).

+1 on balldiff. I think you would want to tighten it tighter than you think. On carpet, I've found mine to slip quite a bit and ended up tightening and retightening, etc... until I finally said screw this and got a gear diff.

MM4 for carpet. There is less grip with the MM3.
Old 12-01-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand
+1 on not boiling the cups...that's a stupid idea (my opinion). OR you could just jump the gun and get the associated ballcups mod (search within this thread).

+1 on balldiff. I think you would want to tighten it tighter than you think. On carpet, I've found mine to slip quite a bit and ended up tightening and retightening, etc... until I finally said screw this and got a gear diff.

MM4 for carpet. There is less grip with the MM3.
Mm4 pushed hard. Mm3 is better in my opinion
Still loads of traction
Schumacher mini pins are great rear tires on carpet
Old 12-01-2012, 11:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

For those running on carpet have a look here on petitrc for setups.

I started with David Poulters Irish outdoors astro setup and went from there. OR try this setup from Jörn they are different as running the 210 has progressed but the DP setup is my start setup as I know its easy to drive.

Change oils/springs to your track

Tyres:
Run minipins if you can and are allowed at the club otherwise panther clays (which you should beable to get locally) or VBC slicks from sweden (or me) with addative works well and doesn't take such a toll on the carpet after prolonged driving.

For more indoor setups have a look on oOple TD BIT the Uk version of this forum, there they run indoors a lot over winter
Old 12-01-2012, 08:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I have my shorty pack all the way forward against the front battery stop and a foam spacer in the rear. Tonight i started to push the buggy a little harder than usual and noticed the rear felt a little light. Shocks and springs are perfect, and tire selection was right on, so in my opinion the battery needs to be adjusted. I do have a 1/4 oz of weight up against the tranny in the battery tray. Where are you guys placing your battery and are you using weight?
Old 12-02-2012, 12:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

What rear springs are you using Zipper?
Old 12-02-2012, 01:41 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by zipperfoot
I have my shorty pack all the way forward against the front battery stop and a foam spacer in the rear. Tonight i started to push the buggy a little harder than usual and noticed the rear felt a little light. Shocks and springs are perfect, and tire selection was right on, so in my opinion the battery needs to be adjusted. I do have a 1/4 oz of weight up against the tranny in the battery tray. Where are you guys placing your battery and are you using weight?
i drilled my chassis to move the battery stops but i have the 1251 44g savox low profile servo so i can move the battery 11mm more forward than stock and lower cg than heavier servos by adding the weight difference under servo usually only about 8g compared to other savox,then i added 30g under servo battery all the way forward with 18mm foam between battery and rear stop (drilled to move) and the esc is in the rear of the battery tray under the brace and 30g brass rf toe block cf rear tower , i drove this at leisure hours and i feel like its very balanced and controllable maybe needs a tiny bit more weight and stiffer springs up front but thats it
Old 12-02-2012, 05:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Our local carpet track was turned into an indoor clay facility, so I bought the 210. I have absolutely hated this car ever since the first day that it hit the track. Unreal push off power, ridiculously loose on power. Absolute garbage. The fastest guy on the track is running the 210 and I'm not one to give up just because the kit setup doesn't work. I started with MM3 and all kinds of shock positions, oil weights, added weight, tires, bodies, etc. Car didn't work. Went to RM3 and started over again. Car was driveable but had to be feathered around the track. Not fast at all. In a last ditch effort to redeem myself and the car, I installed the DIMEC20 +8 chassis. HOLY CRAP!! Finally, the car does what it's supposed to do. Turns great, jumps flat, easy to get on power. Knocked a second and a half off my hotlap and added 2 laps to my best run. I was able to hang with the fast guys and stay mostly on pace with them. Awesome. Setup is far from perfect, but at least I've got a good starting point now. If you're having the same issues with the car, spend the $30 and replace the chassis. Yesterday was the first day that I was happy with the car.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:23 AM
Tech Regular

Stiltskint

What engine, pinion and springs you run on your dex210?
Maybe to low right hight?

Mike
Old 12-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Our local carpet track was turned into an indoor clay facility, so I bought the 210. I have absolutely hated this car ever since the first day that it hit the track. Unreal push off power, ridiculously loose on power. Absolute garbage. The fastest guy on the track is running the 210 and I'm not one to give up just because the kit setup doesn't work. I started with MM3 and all kinds of shock positions, oil weights, added weight, tires, bodies, etc. Car didn't work. Went to RM3 and started over again. Car was driveable but had to be feathered around the track. Not fast at all. In a last ditch effort to redeem myself and the car, I installed the DIMEC20 +8 chassis. HOLY CRAP!! Finally, the car does what it's supposed to do. Turns great, jumps flat, easy to get on power. Knocked a second and a half off my hotlap and added 2 laps to my best run. I was able to hang with the fast guys and stay mostly on pace with them. Awesome. Setup is far from perfect, but at least I've got a good starting point now. If you're having the same issues with the car, spend the $30 and replace the chassis. Yesterday was the first day that I was happy with the car.

U should post ur complete setup and see if we can help u get it dialed in. A lot of guys r running on indoor clay here and could help u. FYI the stock box setup is not for dirt it is for carpet, that is why iit was so bad.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Azagar
What rear springs are you using Zipper?
Avid batch 1 red in back, yellow up front. 4 hole 1.3 f/r, 35wt Losi front, 30 rear.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Regular

I personally run my battery using the middle battery stopper all the way forward to make room for the esc using very similar spring rates, durango dark green fronts and black rears 4x1.3 32.5 and 27.5. Have you tried red fronts and yellow rears maybe even whites?
Old 12-02-2012, 10:30 AM
P6
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

anyone have pics of the dimec with older style bodies
Old 12-02-2012, 01:57 PM
Tech Regular

Anyone interested in 3 brand new ball diffs from brand new kits? I have them just collecting dust since I prefer to run the gear diff. Hopefully someone with a new gear diff who wants to just trade.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.