R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road

Like Tree46Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #8986
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 73
Default

Hey guys just ordered one of these buggies. What should i know or do while building the kit right away. Also does anyone know a good starting setup for a high bite carpet track??? Also how is the quality of the tresrey option parts. Looking at picking some parts up from them. Thanks for any input.
Pinionizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 11:50 AM   #8987
Tech Regular
 
M3Man03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 448
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinionizer View Post
Hey guys just ordered one of these buggies. What should i know or do while building the kit right away. Also does anyone know a good starting setup for a high bite carpet track??? Also how is the quality of the tresrey option parts. Looking at picking some parts up from them. Thanks for any input.
Read about the ballcups. I don't recommend boiling them - but tap'ing them out and greasing them.

Watch the video about building the ball diff. Almost noone gets it right the first time.

Otherwise, it's pretty good out of the box. Take a look at some of the setups on Durango's website.

On a carpet track, you'll definitely want to go with a MM (Mid-motor) setup - probably the MM3.

Tresrey parts are good, but I prefer the Exotek parts - I like to stay with the factory gold and their parts are par-none for quality!

http://www.exotekracing.com/durango/
__________________
Team Durango DESC210R / DEX210 / DEX410 / DETC410 / SJF01-F1 / Tamiya 416x / TE-Maxx 3.3 / OFNA DM-1e
M3Man03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #8988
Tech Regular
 
M3Armand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 263
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Man03 View Post
Read about the ballcups. I don't recommend boiling them - but tap'ing them out and greasing them.

Watch the video about building the ball diff. Almost noone gets it right the first time.

Otherwise, it's pretty good out of the box. Take a look at some of the setups on Durango's website.

On a carpet track, you'll definitely want to go with a MM (Mid-motor) setup - probably the MM3.

Tresrey parts are good, but I prefer the Exotek parts - I like to stay with the factory gold and their parts are par-none for quality!

http://www.exotekracing.com/durango/
+1 on not boiling the cups...that's a stupid idea (my opinion). OR you could just jump the gun and get the associated ballcups mod (search within this thread).

+1 on balldiff. I think you would want to tighten it tighter than you think. On carpet, I've found mine to slip quite a bit and ended up tightening and retightening, etc... until I finally said screw this and got a gear diff.

MM4 for carpet. There is less grip with the MM3.
__________________
Durango DEX210, SpeedMerchant REV4, HB TCX, Traxxas EMaxx, HPI RS4 Pro, Tamiya TA02, Yokomo YZ10, Associated RC10 Team Car, Bolink Eliminator 10, Kyosho Optima, Tamiya HotShot, Tamiya Grasshopper
M3Armand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #8989
Tech Fanatic
 
discgolferlee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Adrian, Michigan
Posts: 957
Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Armand View Post
+1 on not boiling the cups...that's a stupid idea (my opinion). OR you could just jump the gun and get the associated ballcups mod (search within this thread).

+1 on balldiff. I think you would want to tighten it tighter than you think. On carpet, I've found mine to slip quite a bit and ended up tightening and retightening, etc... until I finally said screw this and got a gear diff.

MM4 for carpet. There is less grip with the MM3.
Mm4 pushed hard. Mm3 is better in my opinion
Still loads of traction
Schumacher mini pins are great rear tires on carpet
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #8990
Tech Fanatic
 
onekiwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sweden but from New Zealand
Posts: 898
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

For those running on carpet have a look here on petitrc for setups.

I started with David Poulters Irish outdoors astro setup and went from there. OR try this setup from Jörn they are different as running the 210 has progressed but the DP setup is my start setup as I know its easy to drive.

Change oils/springs to your track

Tyres:
Run minipins if you can and are allowed at the club otherwise panther clays (which you should beable to get locally) or VBC slicks from sweden (or me) with addative works well and doesn't take such a toll on the carpet after prolonged driving.

For more indoor setups have a look on oOple TD BIT the Uk version of this forum, there they run indoors a lot over winter
__________________
XB2 CE
XB4 16
Sanwa
Hobbywing
#kiwipaint on facebook
onekiwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 09:06 PM   #8991
Tech Master
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,130
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

I have my shorty pack all the way forward against the front battery stop and a foam spacer in the rear. Tonight i started to push the buggy a little harder than usual and noticed the rear felt a little light. Shocks and springs are perfect, and tire selection was right on, so in my opinion the battery needs to be adjusted. I do have a 1/4 oz of weight up against the tranny in the battery tray. Where are you guys placing your battery and are you using weight?
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 01:50 AM   #8992
Tech Regular
 
Azagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Posts: 293
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

What rear springs are you using Zipper?
__________________
Team Durango DEX210
Avid | AKA | Exotek | Jconcepts | KO Propo | Lunsford | Tekin | Turnigy Nano-tech
Azagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:41 AM   #8993
P6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipperfoot View Post
I have my shorty pack all the way forward against the front battery stop and a foam spacer in the rear. Tonight i started to push the buggy a little harder than usual and noticed the rear felt a little light. Shocks and springs are perfect, and tire selection was right on, so in my opinion the battery needs to be adjusted. I do have a 1/4 oz of weight up against the tranny in the battery tray. Where are you guys placing your battery and are you using weight?
i drilled my chassis to move the battery stops but i have the 1251 44g savox low profile servo so i can move the battery 11mm more forward than stock and lower cg than heavier servos by adding the weight difference under servo usually only about 8g compared to other savox,then i added 30g under servo battery all the way forward with 18mm foam between battery and rear stop (drilled to move) and the esc is in the rear of the battery tray under the brace and 30g brass rf toe block cf rear tower , i drove this at leisure hours and i feel like its very balanced and controllable maybe needs a tiny bit more weight and stiffer springs up front but thats it
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 06:20 AM   #8994
Tech Champion
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,368
Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)
Default

Our local carpet track was turned into an indoor clay facility, so I bought the 210. I have absolutely hated this car ever since the first day that it hit the track. Unreal push off power, ridiculously loose on power. Absolute garbage. The fastest guy on the track is running the 210 and I'm not one to give up just because the kit setup doesn't work. I started with MM3 and all kinds of shock positions, oil weights, added weight, tires, bodies, etc. Car didn't work. Went to RM3 and started over again. Car was driveable but had to be feathered around the track. Not fast at all. In a last ditch effort to redeem myself and the car, I installed the DIMEC20 +8 chassis. HOLY CRAP!! Finally, the car does what it's supposed to do. Turns great, jumps flat, easy to get on power. Knocked a second and a half off my hotlap and added 2 laps to my best run. I was able to hang with the fast guys and stay mostly on pace with them. Awesome. Setup is far from perfect, but at least I've got a good starting point now. If you're having the same issues with the car, spend the $30 and replace the chassis. Yesterday was the first day that I was happy with the car.
__________________
Tony Rumple
Team EAM // Gravity RC
stiltskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:23 AM   #8995
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 413
Default

Stiltskint

What engine, pinion and springs you run on your dex210?
Maybe to low right hight?

Mike
mihaelbencek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 07:51 AM   #8996
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 715
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
Our local carpet track was turned into an indoor clay facility, so I bought the 210. I have absolutely hated this car ever since the first day that it hit the track. Unreal push off power, ridiculously loose on power. Absolute garbage. The fastest guy on the track is running the 210 and I'm not one to give up just because the kit setup doesn't work. I started with MM3 and all kinds of shock positions, oil weights, added weight, tires, bodies, etc. Car didn't work. Went to RM3 and started over again. Car was driveable but had to be feathered around the track. Not fast at all. In a last ditch effort to redeem myself and the car, I installed the DIMEC20 +8 chassis. HOLY CRAP!! Finally, the car does what it's supposed to do. Turns great, jumps flat, easy to get on power. Knocked a second and a half off my hotlap and added 2 laps to my best run. I was able to hang with the fast guys and stay mostly on pace with them. Awesome. Setup is far from perfect, but at least I've got a good starting point now. If you're having the same issues with the car, spend the $30 and replace the chassis. Yesterday was the first day that I was happy with the car.

U should post ur complete setup and see if we can help u get it dialed in. A lot of guys r running on indoor clay here and could help u. FYI the stock box setup is not for dirt it is for carpet, that is why iit was so bad.
__________________
MBX6-ECO, B5m
Cspurlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:03 AM   #8997
Tech Master
 
zipperfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,130
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azagar View Post
What rear springs are you using Zipper?
Avid batch 1 red in back, yellow up front. 4 hole 1.3 f/r, 35wt Losi front, 30 rear.
zipperfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 10:49 AM   #8998
Tech Regular
 
Azagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Posts: 293
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

I personally run my battery using the middle battery stopper all the way forward to make room for the esc using very similar spring rates, durango dark green fronts and black rears 4x1.3 32.5 and 27.5. Have you tried red fronts and yellow rears maybe even whites?
__________________
Team Durango DEX210
Avid | AKA | Exotek | Jconcepts | KO Propo | Lunsford | Tekin | Turnigy Nano-tech
Azagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 11:30 AM   #8999
P6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: il
Posts: 683
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

anyone have pics of the dimec with older style bodies
P6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #9000
Tech Regular
 
Azagar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Bay Area
Posts: 293
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Anyone interested in 3 brand new ball diffs from brand new kits? I have them just collecting dust since I prefer to run the gear diff. Hopefully someone with a new gear diff who wants to just trade.
__________________
Team Durango DEX210
Avid | AKA | Exotek | Jconcepts | KO Propo | Lunsford | Tekin | Turnigy Nano-tech
Azagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
St Ives RC Club B4Bandit Australian Racing 16584 12-06-2017 03:53 AM
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) overtki11 Singapore R/C Racers 55470 05-08-2017 12:57 AM
Team Durango DEX410 ASH93A Australian Racing 925 04-08-2013 10:51 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 6 (2 members and 4 guests)
banx, JAE
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:56 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net