Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I've got two full race days with the rear shock mod and, long story short, I'm gonna go back to the original as well. It was worth a try, but it wasn't noticeably better with the shocks on the back of the arm.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dog Runner
I've got two full race days with the rear shock mod and, long story short, I'm gonna go back to the original as well. It was worth a try, but it wasn't noticeably better with the shocks on the back of the arm.
+1 I tried it as well and went back to stock form. A +8mm chassis would be better suited.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Raul Garcia
So I have been playing with the rear shock mod. I started with the hubs centered, shock on back, then I went to hubs foward, then I modified the rear arm to mount the shock on the front side of the flipped arm by adding a hole in the same position of the middle hole on the original spot. I played with the anti squat block also, switching from 2-3*. My conclusion for me is the car drives more consistent in the ORIGINAL layout with the shocks foward. I think the axle moves too much rearward, takes too much weight away from the rear of the car, shifting it foward, therefore decreasing the planted feel. I was consistently over rotating no matter the change in the car. I could not muster a better position than my qualifying postition in the main. That stinked....

The plus was, it looked longer on the track. It jumped a little better, but that was abot it. I think I could sacrifice for the stability.
I took some measurements of the arms with one stock on one side and one flipped on the other. It was only a gain of +.8 mm and the toe angles were screwy with the flipped arm. I have gone back to stock.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 200 (100%+)
Default Durango parts in stock?!?!?

I just posted this over in the DESC thread. I was at my LHS/track and they told me that they received a call from their "supplier" saying they now have Durango parts in stock.. So hopefully soon we will see the websites updated and parts available at our local level...
Old 04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by FrEaKiShTuNER
I just posted this over in the DESC thread. I was at my LHS/track and they told me that they received a call from their "supplier" saying they now have Durango parts in stock.. So hopefully soon we will see the websites updated and parts available at our local level...
maan I just ordered a bunch of parts all the way from the UK from ebay
Old 04-05-2012, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

i dont mean to burst your bubble, but if they are talking about a stateside supplier.. they are lying.
Old 04-05-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by aloksatoor
maan I just ordered a bunch of parts all the way from the UK from ebay
Damn, hopefully shipping wasn't too bad!!

But hey, with the way things have been going. You'll probably still get your parts faster!!
Old 04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
i dont mean to burst your bubble, but if they are talking about a stateside supplier.. they are lying.
Hey no bubble to burst here.. I'm pretty used to the parts shortage. Just going on what they told me..
Old 04-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Damn, hopefully shipping wasn't too bad!!

But hey, with the way things have been going. You'll probably still get your parts faster!!
No not much around 14 bucks. Used to buying from the UK, schumacher ships it and it arrives in a week with royal mail 5 GBP flat shipping. The ebay merchant prob used something more expensive!
Old 04-05-2012, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)
Cool Gear diff

Has any1 tried the optional geared diff in the 210? And was their any noticeable difference?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Well I just ordered my new 210 today!! What is your guys opinion on the mid motor or rear motor. My track is around 70x140 and a cross between a 1/10 and 1/8. Traction is pretty good, which do you guys thing would do better?
Old 04-05-2012, 06:54 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 520 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SavageCanadian
Well I just ordered my new 210 today!! What is your guys opinion on the mid motor or rear motor. My track is around 70x140 and a cross between a 1/10 and 1/8. Traction is pretty good, which do you guys thing would do better?
You should try mm if you've never, if your track condition will allow it, they drive and especially jump really nice IMO. I would, but my tracks are pretty loose for the most part. I have mine in RM4 atm, but have yet to get it dirty in that configuration..
Old 04-05-2012, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I'm getting some serious clicking from my drivelines. Always when I'm in the air or on a turn. Obviously from when they drop down. Anyone else have this annoying noise? Any possible solutions other than droop screws?
Old 04-05-2012, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
I'm getting some serious clicking from my drivelines. Always when I'm in the air or on a turn. Obviously from when they drop down. Anyone else have this annoying noise? Any possible solutions other than droop screws?
Chizzle, I experienced a similar problem. I had a clicking and locking noise coming at full droop too. Turned out to be damaged outer wheel bearings. They were toast. I replaced them and all of my noise disappeared. My diff feels like butter again.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CHIZZLE
Along with what Raul mentioned, I often clean and relive the pivot bushing in the axle. It's so easy to pull the axle and disassemble to clean. I usually do this before every weekend race. While the axle it out, check the bearings and replace if necessary.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.