Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2012, 10:26 AM
Tech Master

upgrades under way to my dex210.

10 grams brass ackermanbar
brass topdeck bushings ( together 8 grams )
rear carbon tower
rear carbon camber link plate
aluminium 14mm wheel hex
gear diff

cant wait !!
Old 04-03-2012, 11:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Got it on the track this morning and it felt good... couple things is I have less control brake wise over jumps but no big deal.

Gonna change the anit squat to 1.5 running 3 now and it may be a bit much. Also dropping the front springs to Lt. blue from Lt. red to get a bit more front bit in the turns.

Any thoughts to get a bit more front end bite?
running 4* trailing and may drop it to 3* or move my caster from 30* to 20*.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jonny5
The further back the axle is, the less aggressive and smoother the steering is. The further forward it is, the more aggressive it will be, and can also feel a bit twitchy. With the axle all the way back, the caster block should be all the way forward. If you move the axle 1mm forward, shim the caster block 1mm back. This keeps the wheelbase and steering geometry correct.
Are there any ill effects to running full forward axle and full forward caster block?

Most people I talk to and also looking at several online setups, I don't see anything but caster blocks always full forward.
Old 04-03-2012, 02:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Autocratic
Are there any ill effects to running full forward axle and full forward caster block?

Most people I talk to and also looking at several online setups, I don't see anything but caster blocks always full forward.

The only reason to move the hub back when you move the axle forward is to keep the wheelbase the same and to keep the wheel position the same relative to weight balance..... moving the axle forward only moves the wheel forward, it does not change the steering geometry like some have said. When you move the caster block back, then the steering geometry starts changing.

If you move just the wheels forward, then it puts the wheel more in front of the front shocks which changes how the weight transfers, if you move the hub back the same amount, then the wheel is in the same position as previously so the weight balance should remain the same, only the geometry changes.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

So, that being said, is it a must to change the hub position along with axle position?
Old 04-03-2012, 03:18 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Autocratic
So, that being said, is it a must to change the hub position along with axle position?
No, every one of Jorns setups on the Durango site uses 3mm trailing axle with the hub all the way forward.
Old 04-03-2012, 03:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yellow Wheels
No, every one of Jorns setups on the Durango site uses 3mm trailing axle with the hub all the way forward.
I ran the axle in the full trailing position and did not change the caster block from a previous #2 position. It would lock up the front wheel in full turn. Push wagon!
Old 04-03-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

For me, I found dropping the front spring rate one at a time to get the steering you desire made the most difference, then when you've gone too far you can either go back up a spring or fine tune with the hub position. With MM4 I'm still using the Lt Blues out back and back and fourthing with the Lt reds and the blacks up front. It has crazy steering with the rears all the way in on the arm and the blacks out front. FWIW, I dont run any extra weight except to offset the esc and a shorty pack jammed all the way back...
Old 04-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I also don't often use anti squat as the first setting to change when looking for steering. For me personally anti squat is more of a jumping and rear traction tool in regard to forward and side bite.

If you need more on power steering stiffer rear springs, standing up your rear shocks, reducing front droop, adding weight to the front of the car will all help that cause.

"Steering" really needs to be broken down to on/off power, in/out of the corner,etc.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default Shocks leaking

Is anyone having problems with their shocks leaking? Mine seem to leak quite a bit. What can i do to fix this?

Thanks
Old 04-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

make sure you didnt overtighten the bottom caps . if you tighten them to far the orings compress and lose thier seal.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by egilliland23
Is anyone having problems with their shocks leaking? Mine seem to leak quite a bit. What can i do to fix this?

Thanks
How long have you been running them? Shocks seals are a wear item and if you have had them in for a while and they recently started leaking it's time to replace them. If they're new they should not leak at all.
Old 04-04-2012, 02:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have run the shocks 3 race days. I will try rebuilding them and loosening the caps a little.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by egilliland23
I have run the shocks 3 race days. I will try rebuilding them and loosening the caps a little.
get the kyosho oring the clear one, they have two types, the other one is the less fricion (X) been running since end last year and no leak what so ever... did the same for the x ring of 410.. no leaking till now...
Old 04-05-2012, 05:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 79 (99%+)

So I have been playing with the rear shock mod. I started with the hubs centered, shock on back, then I went to hubs foward, then I modified the rear arm to mount the shock on the front side of the flipped arm by adding a hole in the same position of the middle hole on the original spot. I played with the anti squat block also, switching from 2-3*. My conclusion for me is the car drives more consistent in the ORIGINAL layout with the shocks foward. I think the axle moves too much rearward, takes too much weight away from the rear of the car, shifting it foward, therefore decreasing the planted feel. I was consistently over rotating no matter the change in the car. I could not muster a better position than my qualifying postition in the main. That stinked....

The plus was, it looked longer on the track. It jumped a little better, but that was abot it. I think I could sacrifice for the stability.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.