Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 08:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Posvar
The 26 is ok then?
If you are going to be running any boost at all, I would say 26 will work perfect. If running no boost, I would run a 28 or 29.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Originally Posted by Posvar
Thanks. I will go try that to start with. I do recall liking my old Trinity Lipro with my 22 because it softened the punch and was way more controllable. The 26 is ok then?
26 is fine but with that 60c i might go higher to simply keep the tires from blowing up. The smaller the pinion the smaller your powerband. As weird as that may seem its easier to drive when the powerband is spread out. You can still drive if the tires are "hazing" in a slow spin. no way your going to overheat anythign with a 2wd so you basically gear to fit your traction and/or driving style. I tend to run big pinions which also help with braking.
Old 01-18-2012, 09:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I decided to join the DEX210 club. I have been running a DESC410 since it came out and I bought a DEX410R a few months ago and have been very happy with them. Build went together with no problems, fit and finish was great. So far I have run it twice at the local track. I have had no issues at all, took some good tumbles getting used to it and the ball cups stayed on. The ball diff is one of the smoothest I have run and easy to tune. Funny how things work out, I started many years ago with a 1/10 Tamiya Grasshopper buggy, moved on to nitro 1/8's, then more recently SC 2/4wd, and finally 1/10 buggies again.

Old 01-18-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

For those you that drove the B4.1, does the 210 develope slop like th AE buggy?
Old 01-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by rcfiend
hehe.. NOTHING develops slop like a b4. The 210 is rock solid. (the ball cups do develop slop though).
Old 01-18-2012, 11:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

NOPE

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
hehe.. NOTHING develops slop like a b4. The 210 is rock solid. (the ball cups do develop slop though).
+1....... after 60+ runs and my car is still very, very good. The rear developed a very tiny bit of slop at the inner hinge pin but otherwise everything is dialed including my HD ballcups
Old 01-18-2012, 01:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

After 2 months of racing mine twice a week, its still slop free. I'm still on my original diff build too.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spiro
You could always give the BugleBoy lid a try? He ships quickly. My undertray order took just a few days from Australia to Norway.
http://bugleboyracing.com/index.php?productid=12

-S-
Thanks. This is even easier as I'm in Aus.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by hopsing
NOPE

+1....... after 60+ runs and my car is still very, very good. The rear developed a very tiny bit of slop at the inner hinge pin but otherwise everything is dialed including my HD ballcups
You and your HD ballcups

I have finally even given up on my original non-HD ballcups. A popped ballcup took me out in the first corner of the first lap, in a really large regional race this last weekend. The guy behind me over jumped the first double at an angle, and landed directly on top of my car, and it popped a front camber link. 1 lap down right off the bat... Two days of practice, prep, and qualifying, just to lose due to somebody else popping one of my ball cups.... fed up.

Lunsford Ti studs and RPM cups coming in the mail.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

whats the way to go on the battery for this car on indoor clay tracks? been running the shorties in the losi 22 and i liked the lighter feel. like the way this car looks on the track so i just picked up one. thanks
Old 01-18-2012, 01:53 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by allan42r
whats the way to go on the battery for this car on indoor clay tracks? been running the shorties in the losi 22 and i liked the lighter feel. like the way this car looks on the track so i just picked up one. thanks
Keep your shorties.. the car is a fat pig and benefits from a lighter battery. Also, IMO.. .the buggy is too heavy in the rear, so the shorty gives you lots of freedom to shift your static weight balance. I run my shorty about 2/3rds the way forward.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Keep your shorties.. the car is a fat pig and benefits from a lighter battery. Also, IMO.. .the buggy is too heavy in the rear, so the shorty gives you lots of freedom to shift your static weight balance. I run my shorty about 2/3rds the way forward.
ok thanks thought it might make the car react,more nimble, like it did with the losi.
Old 01-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Thanks for the feedback guys. Capt America, is the slop in the ball cups really bad or just so so?
Old 01-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Lord

Thanks for the feedback guys. Capt America, is the slop in the ball cups really bad or just so so?
I didn't run the HD ballcups long enough to know if they develop slop, because they popped off the car too easily. They are a DNF waiting to happen. So I moved to durango's original ballcups that are not their HD ones... they are better, but still pop off too easily for my liking.... the non-HD ones develop a lot of slop, but mainly in the rear.

With the HD ones that come with the kit, if you got a batch that don't pop off at the drop of a hat, keep them and run them, they will probably work find. If you end up having popping issues like me and a lot of other people have, move to something better entirely.
Old 01-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (93%+)

I didn't run the HD ballcups long enough to know if they develop slop, because they popped off the car too easily. They are a DNF waiting to happen. So I moved to durango's original ballcups that are not their HD ones... they are better, but still pop off too easily for my liking.... the non-HD ones develop a lot of slop, but mainly in the rear.

With the HD ones that come with the kit, if you got a batch that don't pop off at the drop of a hat, keep them and run them, they will probably work find. If you end up having popping issues like me and a lot of other people have, move to something better entirely.

......You and YOUR HD ballcups

They must have run two different batches of the HD ballcups because mine, in addition to not having any issues with them popping off, have very little slop for how many runs I have on them (60+) Soo weird....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.