Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2017, 11:22 AM
Tech Addict

Ebb,
I have heard from others when tuning the exotek chassis that it takes softer springs than the standard Dex setups. Good luck. Don't hesistate to ask.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

Fred,
So sorry my friend. I have heard of buyers remorse. Can't say I've heard of sellers remorse. LOL

Hang in there!!
Old 05-18-2017, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Lol I can feel the pressure building. I was going to go for the same oil and spring rates I use in my current 210 just to see what happens then tune from there. I expect there will be some setup chasing at first so I'll be here quite often.

I hope my painters schedule clears up soon so I can get my colors on this new piece of kit before summer
Old 05-18-2017, 07:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by WallyRC
It's now 75 bucks in Exotek site. Definitely cheaper than a new buggy.
If they drop to $50, I'll be all over it.
Old 05-22-2017, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ebb should have the car now. It shows as having been delivered.
Old 05-22-2017, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by fredswain
Ebb should have the car now. It shows as having been delivered.
It should be waiting for me at work right now I'll be in tomorrow to pick it up and spread it all out on my workbench for a good look.
Old 05-23-2017, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

And so it begins... Kinda funny that I wound up with the same gullwing arms I had just traded you not too long ago, Fred lol. So the plan is I am going to set this baby slowly as I can only do so much wrenching in a day but with each step I'll keep everyone here posted!

Probably going to start with the shocks, then see if I can get a spur that will be good for stock racing since I believe the current one is a little big. Then it'll be time for electronics installation. I'm going with an SMC RF160 ESC I had laying around, a Maclan Team Edition 17.5 motor and an Xpert 3000 series low-pro servo. The tires on the buggy should actually work pretty well at our track too so soon after I get the electronics in, I'll see what this thing can do around our track in its current form.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:41 AM
Tech Elite

Those Raborn stickers are originals from 1991 and are quite rare. That's my dirt oval company btw.

Originally Posted by EbbTide
And so it begins... Kinda funny that I wound up with the same gullwing arms I had just traded you not too long ago, Fred lol. So the plan is I am going to set this baby slowly as I can only do so much wrenching in a day but with each step I'll keep everyone here posted!

Probably going to start with the shocks, then see if I can get a spur that will be good for stock racing since I believe the current one is a little big. Then it'll be time for electronics installation. I'm going with an SMC RF160 ESC I had laying around, a Maclan Team Edition 17.5 motor and an Xpert 3000 series low-pro servo. The tires on the buggy should actually work pretty well at our track too so soon after I get the electronics in, I'll see what this thing can do around our track in its current form.

Old 05-24-2017, 08:53 AM
Tech Elite

Those Raborn stickers are originals from 1991 and are quite rare. That's my dirt oval company btw.
I'll have to make sure I only use this body during race days in that case I'll just let the cheap RTR body take the beating during practice.

Btw Fred, I have a dilemma. I am generally a staunch gear diff guy, but I know you equipped this with a ball diff as it sits. Do you think it would be inadvisable to replace it with the gear diff you included as spare parts? This will be on a med-high bite clay track and of course it will be run in a 17.5 blinky class.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

It's a tuning option. There's no right or wrong answer.

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I'll have to make sure I only use this body during race days in that case I'll just let the cheap RTR body take the beating during practice.

Btw Fred, I have a dilemma. I am generally a staunch gear diff guy, but I know you equipped this with a ball diff as it sits. Do you think it would be inadvisable to replace it with the gear diff you included as spare parts? This will be on a med-high bite clay track and of course it will be run in a 17.5 blinky class.
Old 05-24-2017, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

It's a tuning option. There's no right or wrong answer.
very true, a gear diff it is then lol.

Also, you did mention in the sale you've installed the shorter shocks from the 4x4 buggy. Does that mean the included tuning springs would only work if I installed the longer DEX210 shocks?
Old 05-24-2017, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

The rear shocks are from the 410/210F. They use the same rear springs as the 210 so the black springs that I included can be used. The whites are intended for the front of trucks wanting a higher spring rate. I was using them when I had the longer shocks up front on the SC tower. You could theoretically use them at the rear but you'll probably never need to.
Old 05-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Tech Elite

The rear shocks are from the 410/210F. They use the same rear springs as the 210 so the black springs that I included can be used. The whites are intended for the front of trucks wanting a higher spring rate. I was using them when I had the longer shocks up front on the SC tower. You could theoretically use them at the rear but you'll probably never need to.
Okay cool deal thanks for clearing that up Fred

Hopefully I can find some energy to get them filled today when I get home. All depends on whether or not my puppy will allow me some free time lol
Old 05-24-2017, 01:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Has anyone run into the situation where the hole in a TD spur is a bit small? I'm switching to vented slipper plates and its a tight fit. I'm guessing it will eventually take care of itself once it breaks in, but I figured I'd ask.
Old 05-24-2017, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kremzeek
Has anyone run into the situation where the hole in a TD spur is a bit small? I'm switching to vented slipper plates and its a tight fit. I'm guessing it will eventually take care of itself once it breaks in, but I figured I'd ask.
I can't say I have encountered that before. Though it's been a while since I've used a TD spur. I replaced them with the machined Schumacher spurs and haven't looked back lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.