Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Durango DEX210 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Tech Rookie

The shock tower mounted directly to the PR S1 transmission. The S1 motor guard required a couple new holes in the chassis, and I added a post for the battery hold down. The DEX210v2 sidepods will work also, and both the v1 and v2 need a bit of trimming to clearance the new motor position.

(Not enough posts for pictures, just add http)

i50.photobucket.com/albums/f315/Petrolhed12/DEX210v4/IMG_20170508_185221_zps7l6snqat.jpg
Old 05-09-2017, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well guys, here it is. I finally did it.

Team Durango DEX210, Exotek upgrades, DE Racing | eBay
Old 05-09-2017, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fredswain

Although it's sad to see you selling it, I hope I can snag this and add it to my fleet for nostalgia
Old 05-09-2017, 09:54 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Fred,

I'm also sad to see you selling it!
Would you send it to europe (austria) as well, it's not been mentioned?
If so, i would put it into my watch-list and may put a bet on it too.

I hope you'll still looking into the durango threads and give some good advices too...

Last edited by micholix; 05-09-2017 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:29 AM
Tech Addict

[QUOTE=petrolhed;14922083]The shock tower mounted directly to the PR S1 transmission. The S1 motor guard required a couple new holes in the chassis, and I added a post for the battery hold down. The DEX210v2 sidepods will work also, and both the v1 and v2 need a bit of trimming to clearance the new motor position.

Thanks so much. I see how that works. AWESOME!!
Old 05-09-2017, 11:36 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately, shipping outside of the US will be hugely expensive. It'll be around $20 within the US. I don't want to sell it. I'm sad to. I've got tons of time and money in this car. Whoever gets it will most likely get it at a very nice price for the amount of aftermarket goodies that come on the car. I'd love to try that laydown mod but we no longer have a place where they are raced anymore. I'm keeping my DEX8 for the time being as 1/8 is alive and well here but in general I need to downsize my rc collection. I just have too much stuff in general around the house and want to greatly simplify my life. I spend too much effort and money worrying about "things". I'd like to see someone here get it and enjoy it. It's finally modified to a point where I think it'll be a great car but I've never had the chance to drive it to find out for sure. I'm pretty sure it'll be competitive against anything out there. I will stay involved here but I'm not going to have much to contribute anymore.
Old 05-09-2017, 11:43 AM
Tech Elite

Unfortunately, shipping outside of the US will be hugely expensive. It'll be around $20 within the US. I don't want to sell it. I'm sad to. I've got tons of time and money in this car. Whoever gets it will most likely get it at a very nice price for the amount of aftermarket goodies that come on the car. I'd love to try that laydown mod but we no longer have a place where they are raced anymore. I'm keeping my DEX8 for the time being as 1/8 is alive and well here but in general I need to downsize my rc collection. I just have too much stuff in general around the house and want to greatly simplify my life. I spend too much effort and money worrying about "things". I'd like to see someone here get it and enjoy it. It's finally modified to a point where I think it'll be a great car but I've never had the chance to drive it to find out for sure. I'm pretty sure it'll be competitive against anything out there. I will stay involved here but I'm not going to have much to contribute anymore.
Well if i am lucky enough to win the bid, I'll definitely put it to good use and keep the thread updated with its performance now that I am able to get to the track a bit easier. I really want to compare it to my current DEX210v2 which uses the dimec +8mm chassis instead of the aluminum options. I assume your 210 will crush my 210 lol. And perhaps I'll end up relegating my 210 to pure basher status.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

It's not tuned. The shocks are empty. I haven't balanced spring rates or worried about pistons. I never got around to that. The camber links aren't set for anything in particular either. It'll need to be tuned from scratch. I'm not even sure that I have the same number of spacers under the steering ball studs from left to right.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

It's not tuned. The shocks are empty. I haven't balanced spring rates or worried about pistons. I never got around to that. The camber links aren't set for anything in particular either. It'll need to be tuned from scratch. I'm not even sure that I have the same number of spacers under the steering ball studs from left to right.
Ahh that's no biggie. I figured I'd have to tune for our local track anyway. And I'd be putting a gear diff instead of the ball diff. It'd be better than my current setup where I run mod with my 210 and 17.5 with my rb5. With this I could do both mod and stock 210 setups.
Old 05-09-2017, 12:43 PM
Tech Elite

Although the ball diff is in the car, it comes with gear diffs. One is assembled but not broken in. Unfortunately, that one has stripped screws so it'll never come apart again. I hate those little screws. I started to strip them on the second one but decided against putting it together so if you've got some good screws, there's an unbuilt gear diff in there.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Although the ball diff is in the car, it comes with gear diffs. One is assembled but not broken in. Unfortunately, that one has stripped screws so it'll never come apart again. I hate those little screws. I started to strip them on the second one but decided against putting it together so if you've got some good screws, there's an unbuilt gear diff in there.
Well that's good to know since I'm down to my last two spare gear diffs lol. And I've got tons of spare screws.

I think I'm really most excited at the prospect of finally trying the 210 in an MM configuration without having to rebuild my RM car. And you've got all the goodies. All my upgrades are 210 specific. I still haven't used alternative ball cups, a-arms, towers, diffs etc. So this would be a nice learning experience
Old 05-09-2017, 02:28 PM
Tech Addict

Yeah that's definitely a really cool build Fred. It was extremely tempting. I am way to overloaded with projects, hell I'm doing the unthinkable and clearing out much of a large Associated collection. Too many cars, costing me too much to run them all. I'm really cleaning house and will focus on these Durango's I have. It's hard to be competitive when you're running completely different cars every week. I've got too many 4-5-6 place finishes and I think this may be a big part of it. I'll work with a car (DEX210V3 for example) get it running really good... Then not touch it again for three weeks while I run B3's and B5M's.Plus tires and wheels for all the different makes and models is costing me a small fortune. Throw in 1/8 and well.. You all have likely been there.

I want to focus strictly on these cars. I'm about done restoring the DEX210 V1 RM. It came out really nice and you could tell that I've learned how to work with these Durango's based on how smoothly everything went together.

I haven't made it to the track in a bit either. Doing a complete radio change out. Had to swap receivers on many cars when I found out that Futabas fastest receiver is the R304sb. So recalibration and renewing servo tape.... Next thing you know it's been three days. Lol

Was going through old race data and I came across the 2012 Reedy Invitational. The one where Jorn won with the then new and untested DEX210. He literally walked away from everyone with that car! Was 2012/13 the only years the 210 really shocked everyone? Are these cars winning anywhere now? I don't ever see them in any mags or race videos. I know they don't have a pro team but they do have sponsored drivers. Europe maybe?
Old 05-09-2017, 04:38 PM
Tech Addict

[[QUOTE=petrolhed;14922083]The shock tower mounted directly to the PR S1 transmission. The S1 motor guard required a couple new holes in the chassis, and I added a post for the battery hold down. The DEX210v2 sidepods will work also, and both the v1 and v2 need a bit of trimming to clearance the new motor position.]

Questions: what performance benefits have you seen? What surface are you on?
Thanks in advanced

Last edited by WallyRC; 05-09-2017 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:37 PM
Tech Addict

Default Transmission binding

Anyone have a problem with the transmission binding that you just can't shake? Everything looks great and I've tried loosening the bolts to make sure it's not over tight I just know know what is going on and I am out of ideas. It's three gear mm. Has anyone greased up their idler gears? The transmissions I run in my SC and DEX and butter smooth.
Old 05-10-2017, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Devin
Anyone have a problem with the transmission binding that you just can't shake? Everything looks great and I've tried loosening the bolts to make sure it's not over tight I just know know what is going on and I am out of ideas. It's three gear mm. Has anyone greased up their idler gears? The transmissions I run in my SC and DEX and butter smooth.
Gear or ball diff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.