Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree4Likes

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Tech Regular

Do you not see the new racers at your track racing shortcourse trucks.Traxxas is to thank for this. AE or THUNDERTIGER are not responsible for this at all.Every track within 100 miles of me allows the SC10 in the stock class.With the stock tires it's fair enough. Sure the trucks with lower COG have an advantage but the tires keep it even enough to race.You constantly bitch about the Slash racers yet you have more negative post than anyone.Either you are really slow or you SC10 needs a setup.Either way shut your mouth and post some race results...... Maybe thats why they call you crawler. Because your slow. SHUT UP AND RACE!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2009, 05:56 PM
Tech Addict

Well fellas,

I think Traxxas did it again. First with the Slash, and now with the Slash 4WD. Shaft driven, two diffs set up that can hold fluid, chassis like the current Slash format only beefier, and existing Slash bodies will fit no problem?

OMG!

What a cool format for an R/C car. It's almost like an intraductory 1/8 electric format. Think about it. Current 1/8 electric buggies are usually expensive once they're all said and done. The Slash 4wd is about the same size, shaft drive, and has only 2 diffs, making is less complex than the 3 diff set up of modern 1/8 electric cars, not to mention it'll be WAY lighter as well, plus it's bulletproof since it's based on the Slash.

I really don't see any drawback to this format.

I can see other companies converting their current 1/8 electric buggies to this format...2 diff set up, plastic chassis, and SC body.

Anyone want to buy my 2wd Slash???

HA HA HA Just kidding...

What do you guys think of this format though, for real?

- Paulie
Old 10-09-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I think Crawler is in the market for a spec Slash!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
Anytime you get a chance you bash Traxxas.I would love to race you with my Slash. No Excuses.I am a nitro racer who races Mugen.Show up at my local track and I'll lap your ass with a Slash.At our track you can run what you brung.shut your mouth and race and quit running you pathetic mouth. Bitches like you give this hobby a bad name. SO STFU!!!!! ...........Can I get an AMAN
Amen and Hallelujah!!
Old 10-09-2009, 06:15 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Do you not see the new racers at your track racing shortcourse trucks.Traxxas is to thank for this. AE or THUNDERTIGER are not responsible for this at all.Every track within 100 miles of me allows the SC10 in the stock class.With the stock tires it's fair enough. Sure the trucks with lower COG have an advantage but the tires keep it even enough to race.You constantly bitch about the Slash racers yet you have more negative post than anyone.Either you are really slow or you SC10 needs a setup.Either way shut your mouth and post some race results...... Maybe thats why they call you crawler. Because your slow. SHUT UP AND RACE!!!!!!!
Joe,you might as well give up....theres no reasoning with people like this....no one home.......
Old 10-09-2009, 06:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)

Originally Posted by Crawler
If your track allows all manufactures to participate, that's fantastic!

It's exactly what I'm being a proponent of. If you can beat me w/ your Slash, that I would happily congratulate you! I don't have an issue w/ competing w/ or getting beaten by someone driving a Slash( BTW, I own a Slash). I just want the ability for myself and others who choose not to race a Slash to be able to compete! Are you so dense that you don't understand what I'm trying to communicate to you?

Let's use your 1/8 Mugen as an example. Let's say tha Ofna was the first to release an 1/8 scale buggy and the entire class was restricted to the Ofna and only the Ofna. Wouldn't you be a bit angry that you and your Mugen were restricted from racing do to the brand you choose to use?

So chill out ITG, forums are for discussion, we (or at least I) am trying to discuss our opinions.
Thats ridiculous. The slash isn't a racer. It was made for scale looking running, durability, and to have fun. The sc10 is in no way to same thing as a slash so I see no reason that a sc10 should run with slashes. The sc10 is a born racer the slash wasn't. If the sc10 was to run heads up motor for motor driver for driver the sc10 would beat the slash, we all know that. Why not sell the mugen, buy an ofna, and quit complaining.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Regular

Somebody had to shut this clown down.Enough is enough.Slash is the only Traxxas I own.I,ll buy the 4x4 because of how much fun I've had with the OG Slash.The other SC trucks are cool but I jumped the SLASH off my house roof today about 20 times and I'M GONNA RACE IT TOMMORROW.I don't think it's competitors could do that without a total rebuild.
Old 10-09-2009, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mack_Mechanic
Joe,you might as well give up....theres no reasoning with people like this....no one home.......
Right,everyone one here is wrong and you two are right....Bring your SC10 and I'll show you a really good look at my rear bumper.Again, race results speak for themselves......
Old 10-09-2009, 06:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Right,everyone one here is wrong and you two are right....Bring your SC10 and I'll show you a really good look at my rear bumper.Again, race results speak for themselves......
First you guys say the Slash can't compete because it's not a race truck(the fact that the fast qualifier at the Nat's was driving a Slash says BS) and then you say bring my SC10 and you'll lap me?

Which is it?

Why do you guys keep dancing around the question? Why must the Slash be the only vehicle in off road racing to have it's own class?

Why are you against an all inclusive RTR class?

Why is a kid w/ a RTR SC10, Strike, Blitz, Ultima SC, ect... be forced to run in the open or mod class? I thought you guys were about building the sport and accepting new racers?

There are so many contradictions, discrepancies and excuses it's mind boggling!
Old 10-09-2009, 07:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This thing looks to good to pass.Was looking at a blitz but this looks bad a$$.If i bought the 4wd slash i would switch out my novak havov ballistic 8.8 and airtronics radio gear from my slash and put it in the 4wd slash for racing on the indoor dirt track and put the gear from the 4wd slash into my 2wd slash for all out speed runs and bashing.But then i've heard rumors of a blitz 4wd in the makes.But this new slash 4wd looks very easy to work on,i hated working on my slash tranny,anytime i wanted to check to see how my flm sealed diff was holding up,just a pain and is why i was looking at the blitz.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rwhisen
I think Crawler is in the market for a spec Slash!
Got one. Certainly don't need another.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:13 PM
Tech Regular

I never said a Slash couldn't compete.I never made a single excuse.Let's race.At our local track you can race what you choose.You keep hiding behind the Slash exclusivity thing that no longer exist.Crawler, post your race results and the names of people you beat.You are a wimp.A scared little wimp...........CAN I GET AN AMEN ON THAT?????..Somebody say hell yeah.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Alright kids get in your corners
Old 10-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawler
Why is a kid w/ a RTR SC10, Strike, Blitz, Ultima SC, ect... be forced to run in the open or mod class? I thought you guys were about building the sport and accepting new racers?
You just don't get it do you?

Old 10-09-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

I never said a Slash couldn't compete.I never made a single excuse.Let's race.At our local track you can race what you choose.You keep hiding behind the Slash exclusivity thing that no longer exist.Crawler, post your race results and the names of people you beat.You are a wimp.A scared little wimp...........CAN I GET AN AMEN ON THAT?????..Somebody say hell yeah.
Then that's a good thing. That's what I'm talking about. I'm finding that more and more tracks are indeed moving away from the "Spec Slash" class and toward a RTR style class.

This isn't about me personally. I run the SCT class. It is open to any make of SC truck and allows some modifications.

Last year, I was turned away at a few tracks because my SC10 wasn't a Slash. Even though I was willing to run the same electronics as the Slash and the same tires. I found that incredibly unintelligent and counter productive to growing the sport.

Pete, my screen name is Crawler because when I signed up on RC Tech, I was heavily involved in rock crawling. Hence the screen name.

As for my race results, no need to post them. You wouldn't know any of the locals that I race against. We are not National caliber drivers. We race at our local tracks for fun same as most of you do.

I have to ask, how old are you? What's w/ the name calling and tough guy persona? Seems pretty juvenile and uncalled for.

If those who are Traxxas supporters and choose to run their Slash are winning, then that's great. I am not and never was against the Slash, I was against the fact that other brands were being excluded.

I have a difference of opinion and I'm trying to discuss it. What I'm learning(the whole point of this discussion) is that what I'm talking about is slowly starting to take place as more and more Slash and non Slash SC drivers are showing up to race.

That IMO is awesome! I am a HUGE short course racing fan. It's what brought me back to racing after a long absence. Now that their are so many entries from so many manufactures, the racing can only get better. CAN I GET AN AMEN!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.