Search
Like Tree4Likes

Traxxas Slash 4x4 Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markhat250
This will be comparing apples and oranges. The Slash 4X4 will be exactly what we know it will be.....the SCRT will be WAAYYY heavier, 3 oil filled difs, aluminum chassis, beefy shocks, etc. You need to think of the SCRT as a sporty, lighter, SC8. Not in the ballpark of the Slash. These two shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence.
The SCRT is based off the Ofna Hyper STe 1/12 truggy platform and aimed directly at the 1/10 market. I believer it will be much lighter than most of the 1/8 buggy to SC conversions and a direct competitor to the Slash 4x4.

Old 10-09-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by blade329
Oh, you and your anti-Traxxas rants, Crawler. Yes, Traxxas didn't invent the SC truck, they just revolutionized it and started a new era of R/C racing. I know you hate that, but only a fool can't see it.
Yeah, something about special treatment and bias against other manufactures just gets me all riled up for some reason.

The fact that the Slash and it's supporters deem it as unworthy of open competition makes me question how it can be considered as the vehicle that revolutionized SC racing. It may has revolutionized "Spec Slash" racing, but when your the only entry, it's kind of hard not to.

Like every other type of racing, I want well established SC rules that allow for open competition like ROAR's SCT rules provide. I truly hope that the 4WD SC class is spared the drama and divisiveness that "Slash spec" has brought to the 2WD SC class.
Old 10-09-2009, 03:48 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Crawler
Yeah, something about special treatment and bias against other manufactures just gets me all riled up for some reason.

The fact that the Slash and it's supporters deem it as unworthy of open competition makes me question how it can be considered as the vehicle that revolutionized SC racing. It may has revolutionized "Spec Slash" racing, but when your the only entry, it's kind of hard not to.

Like every other type of racing, I want well established SC rules that allow for open competition like ROAR's SCT rules provide. I truly hope that the 4WD SC class is spared the drama and divisiveness that "Slash spec" has brought to the 2WD SC class.
I'm sure the classes will be based on demand more than anything. If people still show up in force for "spec" classes (they will), they will keep running them. I'm sure the 4wd Slash will just spawn an open 4wd SCT class, and that will be fine. The only "divisiveness" I see is on these boards. I don't see it at the tracks I have been to. I have been to 5 different tracks and all I see is drivers having fun racing.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:12 PM
Tech Master

I'm sure the classes will be based on demand more than anything. If people still show up in force for "spec" classes (they will), they will keep running them. I'm sure the 4wd Slash will just spawn an open 4wd SCT class, and that will be fine. The only "divisiveness" I see is on these boards. I don't see it at the tracks I have been to. I have been to 5 different tracks and all I see is drivers having fun racing.
OK, I'll play along.

If I were to show up at any of the 5 local tracks you have been to, will I be allowed to run my SC10, my Blitz, my Strike, or any of the other SC trucks that are on the market(w/ RTR electronics and stock tires)?

If not, how is this being inclusive and growing the sport? What about us who own other brands of SCT?
Old 10-09-2009, 04:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Isn't that what you were spouting in this and the other thread?

It may has revolutionized "Spec Slash" racing, but when your the only entry, it's kind of hard not to.
When you are months ahead of the other manufacturers why wouldn't you write the rules?

Once again, with only ONE entry, what do you base the rules on? Do you wait for everyone else to catch up? Blame your favorite brand for not having the foresight to get their product out.

If I were to show up at any of the 5 local tracks you have been to, will I be allowed to run my SC10, my Blitz, my Strike, or any of the other SC trucks that are on the market(w/ RTR electronics and stock tires)?
If not, how is this being inclusive and growing the sport? What about us who own other brands of SCT?
Sure you can run them in the CORR or modified class. They don't meet the rules of "SPEC Slash".
Old 10-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

holy pissing contest...
Old 10-09-2009, 04:26 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

OK, I'll play along.

All those tracks I have been to have "run what you brung" policy. Nobody gets turned away. At OCRC, they have a lot of SC10's that show up. At HRH, they have big turnouts of Slash stock. At Pegasus, it varies, but there always seems to be enough for Slash/SC10 stock and Open Slash/SC. At WCRC, a while back, a good mix of SC trucks. I'm sure the Losi Strike will fit in fine, as soon as more show up, as will the Blitz.

I don't think you have to worry about the whiners on these boards, you just have to worry how your local tracks handle who is driving what. Most places, that have any brains at all, will not turn away a paying customer.
Old 10-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rwhisen
Isn't that what you were spouting in this and the other thread?

Yes, I'm hoping the same thing doesn't happen in 4WD SC.

When you are months ahead of the other manufacturers why wouldn't you write the rules?

Ahhh, so back in the 80's, we RC10 owners should have banned together to eliminate the JRX2, Ultima, ect... from competition? After all we were years ahead of the other competitors releases.

As new competitors came upon the scene I would have amended the rules (as we did back in the 80's) to allow for open competition.

Once again, with only ONE entry, what do you base the rules on? Do you wait for everyone else to catch up? Blame your favorite brand for not having the foresight to get their product out.

See above post and be thankful we didn't have the same mentality.

Sure you can run them in the CORR or modified class. They don't meet the rules of "SPEC Slash".

Now there's that Slask-ke-teer mentality that I'm referring to.
What a lame defence of the "spec" class. Why are you against an inclusive RTR Class?
Old 10-09-2009, 04:32 PM
Tech Master

All those tracks I have been to have "run what you brung" policy. Nobody gets turned away. At OCRC, they have a lot of SC10's that show up. At HRH, they have big turnouts of Slash stock. At Pegasus, it varies, but there always seems to be enough for Slash/SC10 stock and Open Slash/SC. At WCRC, a while back, a good mix of SC trucks. I'm sure the Losi Strike will fit in fine, as soon as more show up, as will the Blitz.

I don't think you have to worry about the whiners on these boards, you just have to worry how your local tracks handle who is driving what. Most places, that have any brains at all, will not turn away a paying customer.
Awesome! That's a positive response! That's what I'm proposing and strongly support!
Old 10-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Tech Regular

OK, I'll play along.

Anytime you get a chance you bash Traxxas.I would love to race you with my Slash. No Excuses.I am a nitro racer who races Mugen.Show up at my local track and I'll lap your ass with a Slash.At our track you can run what you brung.shut your mouth and race and quit running you pathetic mouth. Bitches like you give this hobby a bad name. SO STFU!!!!! ...........Can I get an AMAN
Old 10-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tedstryker
holy pissing contest...
LOL
Old 10-09-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pete 26
Anytime you get a chance you bash Traxxas.I would love to race you with my Slash. No Excuses.I am a nitro racer who races Mugen.Show up at my local track and I'll lap your ass with a Slash.At our track you can run what you brung.shut your mouth and race and quit running you pathetic mouth. Bitches like you give this hobby a bad name. SO STFU!!!!! ...........Can I get an AMAN

If your track allows all manufactures to participate, that's fantastic!

It's exactly what I'm being a proponent of. If you can beat me w/ your Slash, that I would happily congratulate you! I don't have an issue w/ competing w/ or getting beaten by someone driving a Slash( BTW, I own a Slash). I just want the ability for myself and others who choose not to race a Slash to be able to compete! Are you so dense that you don't understand what I'm trying to communicate to you?

Let's use your 1/8 Mugen as an example. Let's say tha Ofna was the first to release an 1/8 scale buggy and the entire class was restricted to the Ofna and only the Ofna. Wouldn't you be a bit angry that you and your Mugen were restricted from racing do to the brand you choose to use?

So chill out ITG, forums are for discussion, we (or at least I) am trying to discuss our opinions.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

If your track allows all manufactures to participate, that's fantastic!

Let's use your 1/8 Mugen as an example. Let's say tha Ofna was the first to release an 1/8 scale buggy and the entire class was restricted to the Ofna and only the Ofna. Wouldn't you be a bit angry that you and your Mugen were restricted from racing do to the brand you choose to use?

So chill out ITG, forums are for discussion, we (or at least I) am trying to discuss our opinions.
As I said you can run your truck in the CORR class or modified class since it does not meet the SPEC Slash class rules. Are you not allowed to run? Certainly not. Most every track has a "bucket" class or "run-what-you-brung" that is a catch all for car or trucks that do not meet the specifications of established classes. A SC-10 does not meet the specifications of the Slash Spec class.

I suggest you speak to your RD about establishing a class for whatever it is you want to drive if they don't already have one. Most tracks that I have been to realize that spec Slash's are at a disadvantage when running against other brands but at many of these same tracks Slash spec has become a bread and butter class and like it or not the RD will not allow other cars to run in it because it will damage the class. With your thought process, everyone who currently runs in the spec Slash class should go out and buy new tires, upgraded shocks as well as a super-duper ESC and brushless system so you can run your trucks in that class. What part of Slash spec don't you understand?

Make your own unlimited class where you can spend hundreds of dollars upgrading your truck. That is EXACTLY why Slash spec will stay spec, so that the driver is the deciding factor in the race, not the wallet.
Old 10-09-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

amen
Old 10-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (85%+)

Originally Posted by pete 26
AMEN!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.