Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
What's the most durable 1/10 4WD buggy made? >

What's the most durable 1/10 4WD buggy made?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most durable 1/10 4WD buggy made?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Keep the chassis facin the track the lid facin up an don't hit things and they all durable
hit somethin often enough and they all break
Old 03-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kwiksi
No mention of the Schumacher SX?
Sweet ride...Again a car with 0 parts support in the USA. But awesome design.
Old 03-14-2010, 01:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by paraletic
Keep the chassis facin the track the lid facin up an don't hit things and they all durable
hit somethin often enough and they all break
Sometimes it happens as we are all human and make human errors. The point is...which car can help you can through those periods the best. In a perfect world they would all take jumps, turns, and different track conditions in stride and also there would be no poles to hit or other cars to hit either lol. But in reality you are inevitably gonna crash, flip, land wrong, and hit stuff. So with that, which cars will take the abuse and keep you going? Thats the question here.
Old 03-14-2010, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by tonyv2382
you can get parts thru stormer hobby.
most hobby shops are afraid to carry anything but losi and associated so if you want anything different, you may have to step out on a limb and take it into your own hands.. nothing wrong with looking outside the narrow minds of hobbyshop owners
Old 03-14-2010, 04:24 PM
Tech Addict

Sometimes it happens as we are all human and make human errors. The point is...which car can help you can through those periods the best. In a perfect world they would all take jumps, turns, and different track conditions in stride and also there would be no poles to hit or other cars to hit either lol. But in reality you are inevitably gonna crash, flip, land wrong, and hit stuff. So with that, which cars will take the abuse and keep you going? Thats the question here.
Yea fair enough but that was my point
they all pretty much will take some abuse
you can land awkwardly an hav a big crash and nothing will happen sometimes other times only a small crash an it breaks - it's how many little impacts prior that adds up
every little crash wears/stresses the parts

I learnt too drive rc cars in my xxx4 with a mamba max5700 - yea I broke stuff but nothing major and it took heaps of abuse
I did a few minor mods too it an now it's pretty solid

most buggies would hav a weak spot here an there, but read the threads and you will find the answer too how too beef it up

so really it comes down too what car is easier too get parts for and set up
if everyone at your track runs a b44 then buyin a Losi or tamiya or HB etc is a bit silly as your on ya own for set up an spares
Old 03-15-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by paraletic
Yea fair enough but that was my point
they all pretty much will take some abuse
you can land awkwardly an hav a big crash and nothing will happen sometimes other times only a small crash an it breaks - it's how many little impacts prior that adds up
every little crash wears/stresses the parts

I learnt too drive rc cars in my xxx4 with a mamba max5700 - yea I broke stuff but nothing major and it took heaps of abuse
I did a few minor mods too it an now it's pretty solid

most buggies would hav a weak spot here an there, but read the threads and you will find the answer too how too beef it up

so really it comes down too what car is easier too get parts for and set up
if everyone at your track runs a b44 then buyin a Losi or tamiya or HB etc is a bit silly as your on ya own for set up an spares
Agreed on everything said...however, there is no substitute for diversity on the track. If you have a race full of B44's, can you guess who the winner's going to be? And what makes it entertaining is that there may be that one guy who chooses to go his own route and run a Tam, or HB and beat everyone. And thats what makes it fun. We as well as all the hobby shops in the US really should start thinking about how to stock parts for other buggies and not just Losis and AEs. It makes for more fun and the competition would be that much greater.

Old 03-15-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Addict

I hear ya I'm the only Losi runnin at the track I run at
it's good to be different
but it does leave you on ya own for parts support an set up issues
if ya know what ya doin by all means go for something different if ya like
but if ya a newbie don't shoot yaself in the foot for back up and help
once ya learn the basics of car setup etc and how to drive etc and your competative grab that car of ya dreams an some spares
Old 03-15-2010, 05:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

thats why im buyin a yokomo b-max4 champion edition!! want to be different and have a nice 4wd machine that is properly built
Old 03-15-2010, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Here is a another dealer.

Radio Control Hobbies & Raceway
1258 South Main Street
Waterbury, CT. 06706
www.rchr.biz

Schumacher UK will happily deal with any shops here wanting to carry their line.
Old 03-15-2010, 05:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Different cars at a track make for better competition? Yeah, if you all suck maybe! Good drivers make for good races. Its great if you can get any car to work but thats not in most peoples ability. If it matters that much how durable a car is the one thing you really need is track time!
Old 03-15-2010, 05:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The kitty is a hot ride. I do not think its the best choice for someone who is looking for the toughest car on the market.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default B44 & XX4 Size Comparision

The B44 is longer than the XX4.
But the XX4 has more ground clearance.

I just thought this was so strange. The shock arrangement is tottally different
since both cars are from different era's. This XX4 I have drives nothing like
my B44 it's like I'm learning how to drive all over again. But I wanted a Losi
and Ive been told the XX4 is one of the greatest cars Losi ever made.
I bought this car off of this very website. I've done some upgrades like
the titanium outdrive savers etc..Figured I might as well show it off on this thread.
Old 03-15-2010, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ABBOTT
Different cars at a track make for better competition? Yeah, if you all suck maybe! Good drivers make for good races. Its great if you can get any car to work but thats not in most peoples ability. If it matters that much how durable a car is the one thing you really need is track time!
My point is the racing becomes monotonous. And BTW, I was schoolin some guy at the track with a B44 today with my DB01...No1 knew wtf I was driving and I was putting it down hot.

Granted we are both beginners but I drove his car and when compared to mine it was no contest. Either my setup was better or that car just blows donkey balls. My car flew with ease and that car needed a lot of umph to clear the triples and doubles. Maybe its cuz Im used to my car HOWEVER, he broke repeatedly and I ....didnt

The bottom line is this, the world has many good things to offer, its dumb to stick with the same ol' when you can unlock so many more possibilities. Now if youve tried them all and you like the same car youve been drivin thats cool but if you still suck and you drivin the same car as everyone else youre retarded. And the competition does get better with different cars on the track because from what I saw today, I jumped better than him and his felt a little more planted than mine, but I wouldnt trade how my car power slides around corners for nothin', so competition would get better because if you have 2 real good drivers, one may be good on corner speed/exit and the other may jump better or vice versa, this makes for an awesome race to see who will come out on top. If its a race with the same cars that do the same sh** day in and day out, thats boring.

On a side note this kid normally runs a 501x and he said and I quote "This car is garbage compared to my 501X". but hey, one mans garbage is another's treasure. They are all good in theyre own way, just buy what you like and learn to drive.
Old 03-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My point is the racing becomes monotonous. And BTW, I was schoolin some guy at the track with a B44 today with my DB01...No1 knew wtf I was driving and I was putting it down hot.

or vice versa, this makes for an awesome race to see who will come out on top. If its a race with the same cars that do the same sh** day in and day out, thats boring.

On a side note this kid normally runs a 501x and he said and I quote "This car is garbage compared to my 501X". but hey, one mans garbage is another's treasure. They are all good in theyre own way, just buy what you like and learn to drive.
The Db01 is a good car. And I wouldnt doubt in the right hands it could beat a B44.

I cant beileve he has said the B44 is garbage compared to a 501x.
Maybe he thought he could drive a 501x better than a B44.
Each car fits a certain persons driving style.

When I drive my B44 I drive it on dusty tracks that I wouldnt dare
drive my 501x in. I bought my 501x WCE for high bite clay tracks
that it really excels in. Driving a belt drive car on clay is awesome!
But yet my B44 goes through an 8th scale track with ease, whereas my 501x would really struggle in.
2 different cars for different purposes.
B44 for outdoor.
501x for indoor.

Ive ran my B44 indoors some as well. It's just I had this idea that belt drive is indoors, shaft drive is outdoors.

Last edited by ???E-Racer; 03-15-2010 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ???E-Racer
The Db01 is a good car. And I wouldnt doubt in the right hands it could beat a B44.

I cant beileve he has said the B44 is garbage compared to a 501x.
Maybe he thought he could drive a 501x better than a B44.
Each car fits a certain persons driving style.

When I drive my B44 I drive it on dusty tracks that I wouldnt dare
drive my 501x in. I bought my 501x WCE for high bite clay tracks
that it really excels in. Driving a belt drive car on clay is awesome!
But yet my B44 goes through an 8th scale track with ease, whereas my 501x would really struggle in.
2 different cars for different purposes.
B44 for outdoor.
501x for indoor.

Ive ran my B44 indoors some as well. It's just I had this idea that belt drive is indoors, shaft drive is outdoors.
Ive heard that from numerous people as well. But I think its like you said...different cars fit different people....check this vid out of the 501x outdoors though...could change peoples minds...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YxkiPFudZo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.