Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Peloche
Tekno wing fixation doesn't fit Vorza wing, (46 mm stock one, 36 mm Tekno one)

I wish you all an happy new year
You can use stock losi, mugen and similar wings. Hot bodies for some reason went with a wider wing mount.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aggie4231
You can use stock losi, mugen and similar wings. Hot bodies for some reason went with a wider wing mount.
Hi aggie4231,

Thanks for your help, Mugen Seiki MBX-6 E1012 should fit ?

Not easy to know they don't give the dimensions
Old 12-31-2011, 08:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Peloche
Hi aggie4231,

Thanks for your help, Mugen Seiki MBX-6 E1012 should fit ?

Not easy to know they don't give the dimensions
It should I asked tekno this last week, and got the same answer.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by aggie4231
It should I asked tekno this last week, and got the same answer.
Thanks aggie4231 and it is not 36 but 39 mm for Tekno, sorry

Last edited by Peloche; 12-31-2011 at 09:21 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Ok, so I'm wrapping up my spending spree on my vorza and I'd like to share what I have purchased. Maybe you guys can throw out some more that you would think I need to be fairly race competitive & have the duriblity there:

(Let me start out first by saying i'm not going with the Tekno Chassis at this time until I at least try out the stock one.)

1. RC Screwz kit (I know Tony's is better, but I threw it into a lump order wtih tower & it pushed me over the coupon threshhold )
2. ACE DS 1015 Digital Ultra torque servo ----
3. Tekno R/C M8 Driveshafts HB ----
4. Mugen R L suspension shaft w/nuts ----
5. Hot bodies aluminum steering horn #25 (I have a question about this)
6. Tekno RC Shock tower (D8B front 7075 Aluminum)
7. Robinson Racing 17T 5mm extra hardsteel pinion ----
8. Tekno RC Shock tower (D8B rear 112 mm Shocks wing mount) --- ( I have a question on this)
9. Hot Bodies big bore shock set - 112mm ----
10. HPI Racing Castle link programming kit ----
11. DE Racing BumpSkid (Hot Bodies D8) ----
12. M2C Racing 4mm Inner Front Captured Hinge Pins (2) ----
13. DE Racing XD "Extreme Duty" Rear Skid Plates (3) (Hot Bodies D8/D8T) ----
14. DE Racing Hot Bodies D8 Buggy Mud Guards ----
15. KYOIF148 - Kyosho 46T Spur Gear ----
16. HBSC8021 - Hot Bodies Differential Gaskets ----
17. LOSA17759 - Losi Pre-Mounted 1/8 Street On-Road Tires w/Yellow Wheels (2)
18. PTK-LPH-5000-2S65-W ProTek R/C 2S "Supreme Power" Li-Poly 65C Hard Case Battery Pack (7.4V/5000mAh) (ROAR Approved) ----

Aside from the charger that's about it. Any tools you guys think I could use? I have all Allens from .5mm to 3.0mm, but I don't have any screw drivers & phillips. The Savage had a lot of phillips & I hated it. I'm an allen only guy. I haven't had a chance to go through the vorza yet, but I'm assuming they are all Allen (from what I quickly observed).

Ok, so for my 2 questions:

1. The servo horn ---- is this the correct size horn to fit on my DS1015 servo? I initially purchased this horn to go on the stock servo, but I decided to replace it all together. The last DS1015 I had the horn stripped. Will the Hotbodies #25 one fit? If not, I'm just returning it.

2. The rear tower (Tekno) & wing stuff. I saw below some talk about it, I'm not sure what the issue is. Is there going to be a problem fitting the wing mount onto the Tekno tower?

So, aside from any tools I need //// The 2 questions I asked //// Do any of you see any further suggestions on parts I should get not what I already got?

Special thanks to Cain & Z for the jump start in the Vorza world (as well as others in past posts & other suggestions)

OH, AND I'M ALSO GETTING THAT ELITE MOUNT IF I SEE ONE OR IF ONE COMES IN STOCK!!! Lol.....

Last edited by Sarinexia; 12-31-2011 at 09:23 AM. Reason: One more item....
Old 12-31-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Prob need some front and rear hubs & spindles, rod ends...for spares. Tires, tires, tires, should be set.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sarinexia

1. The servo horn ---- is this the correct size horn to fit on my DS1015 servo? I initially purchased this horn to go on the stock servo, but I decided to replace it all together. The last DS1015 I had the horn stripped. Will the Hotbodies #25 one fit? If not, I'm just returning it.

2. The rear tower (Tekno) & wing stuff. I saw below some talk about it, I'm not sure what the issue is. Is there going to be a problem fitting the wing mount onto the Tekno tower?
Not 100% sure but I think that servo requires a #23 horn.

The stock wing doesn't work with the Tekno wing mount because the spacing on the holes that were already there. If you purchase a new wing and drill your own holes it will work.

On that note I'd like to recommend Jconceps Punisher wing, by far the best wing I've ever purchased. I use it on my Ve8 and Vorza. It's not just for the interchangeability of the side dams but also for its durability, you can tell its a much beefier wing. I changed to it because I was tired of the HB ones breaking in the vent area.
Old 12-31-2011, 10:43 AM
Tech Adept

You can use the stock wing mount on the tekno tower.
If you want, you can use the tekno wing mount, it has a different mounting position. You could also use the losi wing mount with the tekno tower.

HB wings only work with stock mounts. Losi, mugen wings work with tekno mount. Proline, jconcepts, and other aftermarket non predrilled wing work with either mount.

The tekno mount has more adjustments than the stock one
Old 12-31-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Adept

Ok, so I'm wrapping up my spending spree on my vorza and I'd like to share what I have purchased. Maybe you guys can throw out some more that you would think I need to be fairly race competitive & have the duriblity there:

(Let me start out first by saying i'm not going with the Tekno Chassis at this time until I at least try out the stock one.)

1. RC Screwz kit (I know Tony's is better, but I threw it into a lump order wtih tower & it pushed me over the coupon threshhold )
2. ACE DS 1015 Digital Ultra torque servo ----
4. Mugen R L suspension shaft w/nuts ----
5. Hot bodies aluminum steering horn #25 (I have a question about this)
6. Tekno RC Shock tower (D8B front 7075 Aluminum)
7. Robinson Racing 17T 5mm extra hardsteel pinion ----
8. Tekno RC Shock tower (D8B rear 112 mm Shocks wing mount) --- ( I have a question on this)
9. Hot Bodies big bore shock set - 112mm ----
10. HPI Racing Castle link programming kit ----
11. DE Racing BumpSkid (Hot Bodies D8) ----
12. M2C Racing 4mm Inner Front Captured Hinge Pins (2) ----
13. DE Racing XD "Extreme Duty" Rear Skid Plates (3) (Hot Bodies D8/D8T) ----
14. DE Racing Hot Bodies D8 Buggy Mud Guards ----
16. HBSC8021 - Hot Bodies Differential Gaskets ----
17. LOSA17759 - Losi Pre-Mounted 1/8 Street On-Road Tires w/Yellow Wheels (2)
18. PTK-LPH-5000-2S65-W ProTek R/C 2S "Supreme Power" Li-Poly 65C Hard Case Battery Pack (7.4V/5000mAh) (ROAR Approved) ----

Aside from the charger that's about it. Any tools you guys think I could use? I have all Allens from .5mm to 3.0mm, but I don't have any screw drivers & phillips. The Savage had a lot of phillips & I hated it. I'm an allen only guy. I haven't had a chance to go through the vorza yet, but I'm assuming they are all Allen (from what I quickly observed).

So, aside from any tools I need //// The 2 questions I asked //// Do any of you see any further suggestions on parts I should get not what I already got?

Special thanks to Cain & Z for the jump start in the Vorza world (as well as others in past posts & other suggestions)

OH, AND I'M ALSO GETTING THAT ELITE MOUNT IF I SEE ONE OR IF ONE COMES IN STOCK!!! Lol.....
Hi there sarinexia,
have you had any luck on the elite rc website with the vorza motor mount?.I have been trying for weeks and weeks.I have never had any response from my emails neither.Shame really because i would really like one of these.If you get any response will you let us know?.......Thanks....
Old 12-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just had to replace the hubs. So if I were you I didn't have them either is get a bearing kit....
Old 12-31-2011, 02:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Azagar

On that note I'd like to recommend Jconceps Punisher wing, by far the best wing I've ever purchased. I use it on my Ve8 and Vorza. It's not just for the interchangeability of the side dams but also for its durability, you can tell its a much beefier wing. I changed to it because I was tired of the HB ones breaking in the vent area.
Azagar - Does the punisher wing fit without neededing to drill holes or would you still need to? --- and by this I mean custom holes.

You should pretty supportive of the punisher wing. Got a part #? Thanks

Originally Posted by jon9e
Hi there sarinexia,
have you had any luck on the elite rc website with the vorza motor mount?.I have been trying for weeks and weeks.I have never had any response from my emails neither.Shame really because i would really like one of these.If you get any response will you let us know?.......Thanks....
Yeah, I spoke to Brandon & he said it was going to be a while before he has anymore ready to go. I believe some family issues kept him from production. Not sure when they are going to be available, but it's going to be a long time. I just hope to get one before next racing season.

Originally Posted by skipnay
I just had to replace the hubs. So if I were you I didn't have them either is get a bearing kit....
You had to replace the hubs or the bearings? If the plastic hubs consistently break I'll go the aluminum, but they are so friggin expensive
Old 12-31-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

If its the stainless steel ones (I believe they all are?) Make sure your wrench fits snug before trying to torque anything down as they can strip.

These should take care of any of the issues with the shafts falling out of the diff cups.

Good choice or the 44T works good too. remember to LIGHTLY sand the lip of the gear part that goes on the diff, NOT the diff (you'll see what I mean when it comes in)

Did you buy 2 of these 7.4V lipos I take it or mean 14.8V? you will need a 4S total (14.8V) lipo setup, either 2 7.4V or 1 14.8V.

Aside from the charger that's about it.

Any tools you guys think I could use? I have all Allens from .5mm to 3.0mm, but I don't have any screw drivers & phillips. The Savage had a lot of phillips & I hated it. I'm an allen only guy. I haven't had a chance to go through the vorza yet, but I'm assuming they are all Allen (from what I quickly observed).
i don't really any phillips screws to be honest with you on my D8, but maybe the vorza has some?

For tools, you already have a set of allen drivers. if you don't however have a ball end 2.5mm allen driver, I would recommend that as those can be handy in the 2mm and 2.5mm size. A 17mm wrench for the wheel nuts that allows a hex driver to pass through the center of it can be helpful too.

A good set of nut drivers like the AE style ones work well especially if they have a thin wall to get into tight places.

Dentist pick works excellent for dirt removal.

For charger, love the Hyperion stuff. if you can find a used 606 Duo i think its called, excellent charger for the money. Get a power supply of at least 25 amps.

As for the rear hubs people have mentioned, me personally no issues. I want lightweight so I don't do the alloy stuff. For spares just buy stuff on ebay from parted out hara kits.
Old 12-31-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cain
For charger, love the Hyperion stuff. if you can find a used 606 Duo i think its called, excellent charger for the money. Get a power supply of at least 25 amps.
A friend recommended a Hyperion 720i Duo so I got one and I love it.

I met a guy at a heli fun fly who was making and selling these power supplies - phenomenal, 25 volts, 50 amps
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-po-power-supply-00100.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-po-charging-00105.jpg  
Old 12-31-2011, 05:52 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Cain
Did you buy 2 of these 7.4V lipos I take it or mean 14.8V? you will need a 4S total (14.8V) lipo setup, either 2 7.4V or 1 14.8V.

I actually bought 4 of these . Amain was having a special on them so I just dropped the $240 or so bucks and got it out of the way. I'll be running (2) 2s lipo's in series.

All the tools you mentioned I have, --- even including a compressor I use to clean my cars.

Sounds like as far as the parts are concerned (with the exception of the punisher wing) I've got everything I need.

I was turned onto a "bullet proof" shell on Ebay. Watched a video of a Chevy Silverado run over it and the thing didn't have one crack. Just poped it back into shape. Very interesting. I think I'm going to buy one and give it a go.
Old 12-31-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Got a link or contact info about that power supply?

I take it you may need a liposack or lipolocker?

Make sure that for the lipos you are going to use in series that you keep the amount of uses on them the same. Don't mix and match.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.