Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sounds like it may be the on/off switch. Typical failure on the MMM. Try bypassing the switch...
Old 09-25-2011, 01:55 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by rchoi
so...it work with stock mount right? performance wise? is tekin runs hotter?...
sorry too many qs before spending another threes for a esc and motor combo.
Well, that was a question I was gonna ask; . . . .Why?

Don't get me wrong - I run the system. E.g. the RX8 T8 ESC TT2311 4030B 2050Kv motor combo. And it runs awesome. But I also have a stock Vorza too. And the Blur/Torq system runs awesome too;-).

No. The Tekin does not run hot. No hotter than the Torq/Blur. It is an excellent set-up. Can't go wrong. Its just that the Blur/Torq that is designed to fit in there, is similarly priced and works just as well if not better.

I had bought a roller and had the system (brand new in the box) described above setting around collecting dust from a trade I had made. The Tekin needed a home so I bought the roller with the intent to put the Tekin in there.

And it kicks butt. But if I were shopping - I'd get OEM equipment.
Old 09-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Did some bashin today @ a track, look on youtube "slash & vorza 3"
Lost rear axle in vorza, broke tie rod end, tore the crap out of wing and body.
Got a new D8 body, in wht. Ran for 3 hrs... slash broke a arm, axle, body front drive ??
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-25-19.44.06.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-25-13.32.27.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-25-13.12.22.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-25-12.28.16.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-25-11.06.48.jpg  

Old 09-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skipnay
Need alot of help.

I was running my vorza around the stones and dirt for about 5 minutes then decided to hit a small BMX track. Basicly everyjump has a down and the track is a circle that is about 50 feet long with about 10 jumps and 20 feet wide. Ok so the first jump I hit the Vorza went maybe 2 feet in the air and landed perfectly!!!!! It shut off. Nothing no power or anything.

Took it to the truck and changed batteries. It came right on. Put everything together and nothing. I put the old battery in and it did the same thing. Something wasn't getting a connection. But the battery was. I took the reciever cover off and no lights. But everything was connected. I finally was getting frustrated. I decided to take the cover off of the fan area. Right where all the electric wires are. Took it off and didn't see anything out of the norm. Put it back together and nothing. Took it apart and the same thing. So I went to start to pack it up and the thing came on.

After going on and off a few times I finally picked it up and dropped like a foot off the ground down one of the jumps. Probably wrong thing to do but it ran the rest of the night through all the battery packs. What is the problem and where to start looking. I don't want this to happen again and would rather work on the problem now before it comes back to haunt me.
Check your wiring again really good. Make sure there's no cuts or slices in them. There might be a chance the wire from the ESC to your Receiver might have a short in it some where and you're not getting power to it. This could have happened if might have came out and hit the gear on your center diff. This happened to me so this is my only suggestion.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Green Car...

Hey gang! I just came across a little snippet of video taken a few months back by Griz11 while running at SADT. It is a slo-mo clip of the HPI Tekno Buggy in action. Really cool!

Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/griz11#p/u/10/3hGYwms2G88

On a side note I am taking the plunge into the nitro experience to get a view of the whole RC landscape. So...I just bought an Xray XB808 2011 Spec...still getting the rest of the stuff together, but am really excited about it...and so is the wife...er, uh, I mean pit crew!

I decided to give nitro a go after I was sidelined with electrical ESC issues...yet again...while racing yesterday. A buddy of mine just put his nitro (Hyper 9) together and had it at the track to do some practice, but didn't get a chance to turn laps since he was busy preparing to race his SC Truck. So I ran it for him while he tuned and pitted for me...we did really well and enjoyed every minute of it! Immediately put in close to equal lap times to that of the T-Buggy.

Surely jumping into nitro is merely an exchanging of headaches with electric, but I think it will be worth it! And nope...not selling the T-Buggy. I am keeping it and going to run her on electrics only night. Can't have too many toys!

I'll keep on this thread though...some of the coolest guys around.

Last edited by Z4Kevo; 09-26-2011 at 06:26 AM.
Old 09-25-2011, 07:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by knight81
Well, that was a question I was gonna ask; . . . .Why?

Don't get me wrong - I run the system. E.g. the RX8 T8 ESC TT2311 4030B 2050Kv motor combo. And it runs awesome. But I also have a stock Vorza too. And the Blur/Torq system runs awesome too;-).

No. The Tekin does not run hot. No hotter than the Torq/Blur. It is an excellent set-up. Can't go wrong. Its just that the Blur/Torq that is designed to fit in there, is similarly priced and works just as well if not better.

I had bought a roller and had the system (brand new in the box) described above setting around collecting dust from a trade I had made. The Tekin needed a home so I bought the roller with the intent to put the Tekin in there.

And it kicks butt. But if I were shopping - I'd get OEM equipment.
wanted to try rx8 receiver for new pro4 motors. so i was thinking to get the tekin 2650kv and rx8 for combo.
thank you for your advise.
RC
Old 09-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Z4Kevo
Hey gang! I just came across a little snippet of video taken a few months back by Griz11 while running at SADT. It is a super slo-mo clip of the HPI Tekno Buggy in action. Really cool!

Check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/griz11#p/u/10/3hGYwms2G88

On a side note I am taking the plunge into the nitro experience to get a view of the whole RC landscape. So...I just bought an Xray XB808 2011 Spec...still getting the rest of the stuff together, but am really excited about it...and so is the wife...er, uh, I mean pit crew!

I decided to give nitro a go after I was sidelined with electrical ESC issues...yet again...while racing yesterday. A buddy of mine just put his nitro (Hyper 9) together and had it at the track to do some practice, but didn't get a chance to turn laps since he was busy preparing to race his SC Truck. So I ran it for him while he tuned and pitted for me...we did really well and enjoyed every minute of it! Immediately put in close to equal lap times to that of the T-Buggy.

Surely jumping into nitro is merely an exchanging of headaches with electric, but I think it will be worth it! And nope...not selling the T-Buggy. I am keeping it and going to run her on electrics only night. Can't have too many toys!

I'll keep on this thread though...some of the coolest guys around.
Your neighbors are going to love it when you practice lol! Congrats on the purchase though, nitro can be fun, definitely a different experience. My last nitro that I raced was a Mugen MBX5T, and it was a track BEAST!

Since there is a track opening near you, when are you going 5th scale?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Passed some 1/8 nitro biggys yeasterday on 5s....4s vrs. nitro is faster

I been tryin to keep this thread going too, so excuse the bashing...
Old 09-26-2011, 06:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

New vorza body
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-26-08.24.06.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-26-08.23.52.jpg  
Old 09-26-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by badaml
Since there is a track opening near you, when are you going 5th scale?
Heard about it...but, I'll believe it when I see it! I certainly hope so, it would be awesome to have a place to run / watch 5th scale being run. Fingers crossed!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by timritchieblue
New vorza body
ummmm the nose or front of it is supposed to be cut off...... lol. It's kind of a two piece body. or mod it to fit in the hole in the front shock tower. you'll get a little to much airflow in and under the body when you hit a jump.
Old 09-26-2011, 09:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Not done yet, yo... dremel time.
Old 09-26-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Body mounted D8 fitsv great had to raise the rear mount
Attached Thumbnails HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-26-12.24.48.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-26-12.24.08.jpg   HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread-2011-09-26-12.24.30.jpg  
Old 09-26-2011, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by jones8352
They're for a Caster K8T, I found them on Ebay. As luck would have it they're some available right now on Ebay.

ebay.com/itm/Caster-Racing-K8-Truggy-Blue-Alloy-Wheel-Hubs-/230669885414?pt=Radio_Control_Parts_Accessories&ha sh=item35b4ff1fe6
Thanks. I hadn't seen your post so I got these instead:

ebay.com/itm/390346708828?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1439.l2649

I wish I would have ordered the caster ones instead. The Ofna one's were hell to install. I had to make the holes for the pins bigger. It looks like the Vorza uses larger diameter pins to secure the hubs to the axle.

And I think the ofna hubs I used are pulling the axles a little too tight against the hub carrier making the wheel slightly harder to spin. Did you have this issue with the caster ones?
Old 09-26-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Getting rid of dogbones

Hey guys.

I have a stock Vorza (except for the CC BEC, Z9100S Servo, 2.4Ghz radio, and Ofna 30mm extended hubs with Savage Truck wheels now that I think about it). If I wanted to get rid of all dogbones, what is recommended. WCE, DCJ, Universal, WCE Universal? I'm confused on that.

It would be awesome If someone could tell me how many of what part number I need for the best upgrade to get rid of all dogbones.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.