Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dagr
Hey guys... I havn't posted in a while, just thought I'd check in. So... I raced for the first time ever this past weekend, and it was a very fun experience. The Vorza held up nicely for me as I continued to pound it every lap by missing jump after jump lol. Regardless, it was a fun experience... and it was a packed class that day too (had a ton of cars on the track). At least one guy has Vorza on order too, which is cool. My only big disaster was that I literally cracked my nice custom painted body in two! Oh well... guess its time to find another (or go back to stock for a while hehe).
bro, drill slightly bigger hole for the front body mount.. and a longer hole for the rear.. let the body move around and flex a little would be good.. and btw.. welcome to racing!

Originally Posted by bigben1165
thats totally cool, im thinking about getting out there and racing for the first time too
B.B.B! its about time to go to the track! lols.. i think i would need to change my spur gear..

personally feel that the vorza is a little slow.. a little disappointed by its gear ratio.. now using 17/48 but i still feel its lacking in something.. will test out the vorza on track again.. hopefully would be fast enough.. looking to clock at about 40-50mph.. even if its faster.. it doesnt matter cos the vorza is quite heavy.. lols.. any1 can help me with this? currently im running 17/48, what pinon am i supposed to change to get 40-50mph? or a bit higher..??
Old 06-20-2011, 07:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dagr
Hey guys... I havn't posted in a while, just thought I'd check in. So... I raced for the first time ever this past weekend, and it was a very fun experience. The Vorza held up nicely for me as I continued to pound it every lap by missing jump after jump lol. Regardless, it was a fun experience... and it was a packed class that day too (had a ton of cars on the track). At least one guy has Vorza on order too, which is cool. My only big disaster was that I literally cracked my nice custom painted body in two! Oh well... guess its time to find another (or go back to stock for a while hehe).
Thats me. LOL
Old 06-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

anyone has any idea if the Jconcepts Hi-Flow D8 body fits the Vorza nicely? update me soon!! thanks!!

this is the link for the cover..
http://www.jconcepts.net/store/index...roducts_id=279
Old 06-20-2011, 10:56 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 132 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ascari-A10
bro, drill slightly bigger hole for the front body mount.. and a longer hole for the rear.. let the body move around and flex a little would be good.. and btw.. welcome to racing!

B.B.B! its about time to go to the track! lols.. i think i would need to change my spur gear..

personally feel that the vorza is a little slow.. a little disappointed by its gear ratio.. now using 17/48 but i still feel its lacking in something.. will test out the vorza on track again.. hopefully would be fast enough.. looking to clock at about 40-50mph.. even if its faster.. it doesnt matter cos the vorza is quite heavy.. lols.. any1 can help me with this? currently im running 17/48, what pinon am i supposed to change to get 40-50mph? or a bit higher..??
I was running stock spur and 18t pinion, was radared at 43 mph, that is on 4s. 67 on 6s. On 4s I had no problems staying with other brushless buggies.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by badaml
I was running stock spur and 18t pinion, was radared at 43 mph, that is on 4s. 67 on 6s. On 4s I had no problems staying with other brushless buggies.
o man.. means i got the wrong T pinon! lols.. i got 17 cos i thought 18 wont fit with the stock mount.. bought a high grade pinon somemore.. i calculated pinon divided by ur spur is 0.375 ratio.. the best i could get is 17/44 which gives me 0.386.. not that bad right?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Suspended

o man.. means i got the wrong T pinon! lols.. i got 17 cos i thought 18 wont fit with the stock mount.. bought a high grade pinon somemore.. i calculated pinon divided by ur spur is 0.375 ratio.. the best i could get is 17/44 which gives me 0.386.. not that bad right?
Lol, its the 19t that has the issues, some fit, some dont. I had a 19t but it would not fit mine, others have had some luck, but it was waaay too tight a mesh for me. The 18t gave it really good top end and acceleration. I raced against an xray converted, a losi 8e 2.0, and a hyper 9e. Mamba monster systems except the losi, which had a tekin.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by badaml
Lol, its the 19t that has the issues, some fit, some dont. I had a 19t but it would not fit mine, others have had some luck, but it was waaay too tight a mesh for me. The 18t gave it really good top end and acceleration. I raced against an xray converted, a losi 8e 2.0, and a hyper 9e. Mamba monster systems except the losi, which had a tekin.
mm since my pinon is like.. 3runs old.. i'd just change my spur to 44 then.. lols.. gotta watch my temps as well.. any thoughts on how plastic spur will hold up compared to metal spurs?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

mm since my pinon is like.. 3runs old.. i'd just change my spur to 44 then.. lols.. gotta watch my temps as well.. any thoughts on how plastic spur will hold up compared to metal spurs?
So far it's like night and day. I was going through 1 metal spur per month...been using the same plastic spur for 2 months with very little signs of wear.

Although, I just had to switch back to the metal spur with the mechanical brake setup. The diff brace that holds the brake cams only comes with a narrow spur opening, so I can't get the wider plastic spur to fit without pretty heavy modifications. Hopefully, the traktion drive will alleviate the initial load on the spur and make it last longer than it did in the past. I will let you guys know how it goes.

Last edited by Z4Kevo; 06-20-2011 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Z4Kevo
I get my V4 kit today...with traktion drive and mechanical brakes. I took full front/rear weights of my current vorza setup and will do the same after the conversion.

Hopefully I will have the numbers by the end of the week and I will post them up for everyone.
Already have the tekno up and running with traktion drive and mechanical brakes. Really cool. I love the feel so far, although I still need to do quite a bit of setup to see how she handles.

Sadly the preliminary weights are not all that different from my previous vorza setup. I did a quick weigh-in and the tekno (with all the extra mechanical stuff) weighed in a mere 57grams lighter. Basically 2oz. So that still makes it a heavy beast, but the weight is situated lower and closer to the center line of the buggy, so that should make a difference.

I will get a full set of numbers in the next couple of days.

All you other guys getting the tekno this week...let us know how it goes. I would love to hear your thoughts on the setup.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

What....no pics?? Do any of you sleep? Wait, what am I doing up.....
Old 06-20-2011, 11:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

So far it's like night and day. I was going through 1 metal spur per month...been using the same plastic spur for 2 months with very little signs of wear.

Although, I just had to switch back to the metal spur with the mechanical brake setup. The diff brace that holds the brake cams only comes with a narrow spur opening, so I can't get the wider plastic spur to fit without pretty heavy modifications. Hopefully, the traktion drive will alleviate the initial load on the spur and make it last longer than it did in the past. I will let you guys know how it goes.
so i guess its kyosho plastic spur? will fit with the car stock?
Old 06-20-2011, 11:34 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PorTX
The best part of the hobby....fun!

Z4Kevo....can't wait to see the conversion......
Haha! It's not even a Vorza anymore. By adding the mechanical brakes it is actually more of a D8 now. LOL I am excited to get it out to the track and see how she does. Still going to be a heavy drive, but I bet it will be better overall. Already loving the brakes.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by PorTX
What....no pics?? Do any of you sleep? Wait, what am I doing up.....
I'll take a few pics in the morning! It is the morning...shite. I'll take pics later!
Old 06-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'll take a few pics in the morning! It is the morning...shite. I'll take pics later!
Time flies when your having fun..... However this packing up the house crap, is for the birds.
Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 PM
Suspended

My buddy has a Polaris Razor, chased my new (to me) rc around today lol. Happy to say it was a blast!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.