Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 04:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RcWorkShopp
I am glad it all worked out for you! Next weekend you will be able to play a lot more. Go to a park where you can open her up and make your adj like brakes, punch control and stuff and learn what does what. Just remember adj for grass and open space will be different for a dirt track. For now just familiarize yourself with your equipment and the car so in the spring you can just concentrate on setups and lots of practice.

What we should do before racing starts is to meet up a few weekends and go threw your setups. Plus with running this winter you will see what breaks or wears out so you know what extra parts you will need. I don't know if you have one yet but get a temp gun! In the winter you will be good but in the spring and summer you will want to keep tabs on motor temp.
I'm definitely down to meet up before the spring season. Would we meet at Dirt Runners even though they are closed or maybe Station 2 Raceway, Barnstormers or any others that you can recommend? I want to run it a few times with different settings to get the ESC setup properly then get into suspension and diff setups for the track.

The temp gun is at the top of my list. I want to measure the motor temperature after we change the settings each time. I'm going to order the temp gun, suspension tools and maybe some tires soon. Lastly I'll grab the Spektrum DX3E when it's released.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:19 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by jjl5590
wow that things flying! do you know the dimensions of the battery box when its fully opened? i wanna put a 6s lipo in there, what are you running?
jj5590, I saw your post on youtube, I'm running a MaxAmps 4S 14.8v 6500mah 60C hard case ROAR approved battery.
The car is plenty fast on pavement and off-road with a 4S. 6S may be overkill / overweight.
The 6500mah is giving me some serious runtime too.

Old 12-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

how much does this buggy cost
Old 12-27-2009, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Has anyone broke anything on this buggy yet. Any weak parts. I am thinking about getting one to race would I want to up grade any of the parts. Thanks for the info.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:56 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xraysteve
Has anyone broke anything on this buggy yet. Any weak parts. I am thinking about getting one to race would I want to up grade any of the parts. Thanks for the info.
I managed to crack the motor mount during my first weekend of running the car.

Thinking about using the RC Monster D8 mount instead.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HYDE16
GeorgeRC, what tires do you recommend to start with? I want to buy two more sets of tires. This way I have the stock Vorza tires for bashing or wet tracks then I need two more for other conditions.

I was looking at these tires which come pre-mounted with inserts and medium compound:

AKA City Block Medium Buggy Tires

Pro-line Caliber M2 Buggy Tires
Both work quite well on hard packed tracks with a little dust here and there. Just remember the harder the surface the softer tire
Old 12-28-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Use the Elite mount its the best. As far as parts for breakage, for racing you need nothing just keep some rear hubs front hubs and spindles just incase. They make aluminum ones but thats up to you, I do suggest some ACE shock towers also thats about it, the arms I have never broke and I have 2 D8's 1 nitro 1 E and a Ve8. Maybe a wingmount to they sometimes take a beating but you wont ever have to replace the whole thing just a part usually.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by malik
Use the Elite mount its the best.
Elite mount? Malik, can you elaborate? I don't think i've heard of this mount yet...is it a drop in for the Vorza? Who makes it and where to purchase, etc?

- Paulie
Old 12-28-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

There is a thread on the this forum called Elite check it out he makes adjustable mounts that are the shiz.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Tech Elite

Its calles "Elite RC Products 1/8 electric conversions".
Old 12-28-2009, 05:17 PM
Tech Addict

Sweet. Thanks Malik...I'll check it out!

- Paulie
Old 12-29-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pgeldz
Elite mount? Malik, can you elaborate? I don't think i've heard of this mount yet...is it a drop in for the Vorza? Who makes it and where to purchase, etc?

- Paulie
You may want to email him first before you buy one of these! I bought one of the first ones he produced and had to return it because the screw holes on the mount did not line up with the motor (Neu/Castle motors) If he has corrected this the mount would be the best on the market in it's style.
Old 12-29-2009, 05:09 AM
Tech Regular

Guys please post your findings on this motor mount, I may be enticed to buy one and try it out as well.
We can be the guinea pigs to test this mount for the Vorza's Neu/Castle 2200 Tork Motor.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SunnyHouTX
I have to correct myself. I was informed by CC that these motors actually perform more efficiently with low timing. Sorry about this glaring error.
For everyone who is using the Castle Creations Link Software for the Vorza's included Mamba ESC, I called CC to get their input on the best starting settings for the Vorza:

Auto Lipo Cutoff = Auto Detect (I set mine to 12.0V since I have a 4S pack)
Brake / Reverse Type = Proportional w/ Reverse Lockout
Motor Direction = Normal
Brake Amount = .5
Drag Brake = 0% Disabled
Punch Control = Varies (I set mine to 50% for now)
Reverse Throttle = 50%
Sensorless Motor Timing = Low (as SunnyHouTX stated)
Arming Time = Standard
Dead Band = Average or Large (I set mine to Average for the included HPI radio)
Start power = Low
Old 12-30-2009, 02:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by malik
Use the Elite mount its the best. As far as parts for breakage, for racing you need nothing just keep some rear hubs front hubs and spindles just incase. They make aluminum ones but thats up to you, I do suggest some ACE shock towers also thats about it, the arms I have never broke and I have 2 D8's 1 nitro 1 E and a Ve8. Maybe a wingmount to they sometimes take a beating but you wont ever have to replace the whole thing just a part usually.
Thanks for the info. I can't seem to find some of the parts. Do you have part# or the links to the spindles or the ace shock towers.

Thanks again

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.