Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree16Likes

HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2009, 09:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Talking to the HPI folks, the front and rear shock towers are 7075 aluminum like the D8 shock towers, but they are not hard anodized. So the look is a little different, but they are still strong aluminum
Old 12-26-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Initiate

Has anyone tried the new Proline inserts V2 Evo black inserts?

I was wondering how they compared to the AKA inserts - any feedback welcome
Old 12-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SunnyHouTX
I have to correct myself. I was informed by CC that these motors actually perform more efficiently with low timing. Sorry about this glaring error.
You called Castle Creations and asked them what was best for this 2200 Tork motor? I want to take your word but I want to know that CC backed this setting up for this motor.

Originally Posted by Justpassedu
as for your settings keep arming time how it is set fromt he factory, and i like this Proportional w/ Reverse Lockout, this way you have to go to neutral and then reverse, with the other option there is no reverse and then the last option it will go straight into reverse and can damage your tranny
Thank you for the settings. That reverse settings sounds like what I want. When I left off the throttle I want it to go into neutral, then I have to press the trigger forward for reverse.

Originally Posted by RcWorkShopp
HYDE16,

Looks real good! Can't wait to run with you at the track. We are both going to have our hands full so we better do a lot of practicing.

Is it spring yet!
I'm pumped to get out on the track and start the spring season off already.
We are going to have a blast with our new models.

Originally Posted by malik
I would go to at least 50% brakes and you may have to go more if your using the radio that comes with it. I use 50% on my Ve8 and dial in to 70% on my radio.
Will do, thank you.
Old 12-26-2009, 11:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Unless you are one hell of a driver I would start with at least 40% punch control if not more. That is if you want to do more than pop wheelies and spin donuts
georgec
Old 12-26-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SunnyHouTX
I have to correct myself. I was informed by CC that these motors actually perform more efficiently with low timing. Sorry about this glaring error.
I just got home off vacation and was going to post a quote from Steven Neu on timing his motors but I see you have already corrected your error. Very good.
georgec
Old 12-26-2009, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

50% punch control it is.....
I'm a new driver to racing.....
Old 12-27-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Addict

Pics look awesome Ryan!

And you got a Red one! Congrats man. You lucked out. I hope mine is Red and Silver too. We'll see. I have a feeling it'll be here this week.

- Paulie
Old 12-27-2009, 05:02 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks Paulie, I was waiting for you to hop on and check out the pictures!
I lucked out with the red and it looks good in person.

Congrats on your new Vorza, let us know what color it is!!!!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:08 AM
Suspended

now the next step is shove a 6s lipo in there and give us a vid!
Old 12-27-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Fastenough
Has anyone tried the new Proline inserts V2 Evo black inserts?

I was wondering how they compared to the AKA inserts - any feedback welcome
I ran both this summer on my Tekno/D8 and I couldn't tell much differance in the inserts. The Calibers seem to work better on a slightly dusty tracks as compaired to the City Blocks. IMHO!
Old 12-27-2009, 06:47 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by HYDE16
Thanks Paulie, I was waiting for you to hop on and check out the pictures!
I would have chimed in sooner, but I was working on our new off-road track all weekend. We're building an off-road R/C park...I'll post pics when complete...

- Paulie
Old 12-27-2009, 07:28 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by georgec
I ran both this summer on my Tekno/D8 and I couldn't tell much differance in the inserts. The Calibers seem to work better on a slightly dusty tracks as compaired to the City Blocks. IMHO!
GeorgeRC, what tires do you recommend to start with? I want to buy two more sets of tires. This way I have the stock Vorza tires for bashing or wet tracks then I need two more for other conditions.

I was looking at these tires which come pre-mounted with inserts and medium compound:

AKA City Block Medium Buggy Tires

Pro-line Caliber M2 Buggy Tires
Old 12-27-2009, 02:00 PM
Suspended

hyde16, just out of curiosity do you know what the vorza weighs without the battery in? it looks pretty heavy with the thick chassis and supports
Old 12-27-2009, 02:45 PM
Tech Regular

Let me tell you, without the battery it's still heavy...
I don't have a scale to measure it but it's a solid buggy. I can't find any stats in the manual or online.

So RcWorkShopp just helped my learn how to use my shiny new Hyperion charger to charge my MaxAmps 4S 14.8v 6500mah 60C hard case battery...
Thanks RcWorkShopp! From some of the posts it seems people think I could have paid less for a battery for the Vorza but I was building my collection from scratch again so I wanted the best. MaxAmps customer service has been amazing thus far and I think they are one of the only batteries to have a 60C rating. I'm not trying to start a discussion, I'm just saying I feel this battery was a good choice for me.

***EDIT*** FYI - 10 minutes of run time only ate up 33% of the battery!!! I just plugged the battery back into the charger to run the "store mode" and it's telling me it still has 77% left!

I setup the ESC with all of the Castle Software settings and just took it out for a spin before it got too dark. Here's my wife taping me out the back of our townhome. This is a TERRIBLE video and she used my blackberry so forgive me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7htHan2b-x4

All I have to say is after all of the hype and anticipation I'm left completely speechless. This buggy is an animal.

This thing is ridiculous fast. As you can see from the video I was in a really confined space with a hill so I couldn't get on it all that much. Once I went out front to my freshly paved street, I opened her up and shrieked at how stupid fast this thing was out of the box. I had to stop myself so I didn't shred the stock tires bald. For fun I definitely want to pickup Pro-Line Road Rage tires.

The included servo and pistol radio work just fine, steering was super responsive and even while pushing throught wet grass the servo held the wheels and tires while drifting. I'm going to upgrade the pistol radio and receiver to the new Spektrum DX3E surface radio for $100 but leave the HPI servo in.

The Castle Software ESC settings I entered seemed to work well, thanks to all for the recommendations. After a few more rounds of testing I'll narrow down the settings. Can't wait to bring this out on a track with some different tires!

Last edited by HYDE16; 12-27-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am glad it all worked out for you! Next weekend you will be able to play a lot more. Go to a park where you can open her up and make your adj like brakes, punch control and stuff and learn what does what. Just remember adj for grass and open space will be different for a dirt track. For now just familiarize yourself with your equipment and the car so in the spring you can just concentrate on setups and lots of practice.

What we should do before racing starts is to meet up a few weekends and go threw your setups. Plus with running this winter you will see what breaks or wears out so you know what extra parts you will need. I don't know if you have one yet but get a temp gun! In the winter you will be good but in the spring and summer you will want to keep tabs on motor temp.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.