R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric Off-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road-4/)
-   -   Jammin SCRT10 Thread (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-off-road/317104-jammin-scrt10-thread.html)

vysoto 02-13-2010 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by snrscion (Post 7000872)
Here is a couple of pics of carbon shock tower I just cut for Jamminkrazy.

4mm thick front taller shock tower
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17.../Scrtfront.jpg

4mm thick rear shock tower same geometry as stock tower
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17...n/Scrtrear.jpg

You have a PM

warpig 02-13-2010 02:55 PM

Does anyone have the part number to the rear shock shaft?

If I were to throw on some rear shocks on the front (Along with a rear tower on the front...) I should only need a set of rear shock bodies and rear shock shafts.. right?

I can use the other parts from my front shocks, I assume.

thanks!

JAMMINKRAZY 02-13-2010 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Racer For Fun (Post 7001048)
You guys do know that a lot of tracks aren't alowing home made parts.

Are you sure? Every 4x4 class I have seen has been a Mod or Open or Unlimited class which would indicate anything goes. If it were a stock or spec class, I would buy that. But for mod, not so much. I sure hope tracks don't kill this class like they did stock 2wd SC. Not allowing homemade parts kills a huge part of this hobby, good old ingenuity! That would just be wrong!:nod:

Originally Posted by warpig (Post 7001143)
Does anyone have the part number to the rear shock shaft?

If I were to throw on some rear shocks on the front (Along with a rear tower on the front...) I should only need a set of rear shock bodies and rear shock shafts.. right?

I can use the other parts from my front shocks, I assume.

thanks!

Yes, that is correct. You can "convert" a front shock into a rear shock with a body, shaft and spring.:nod:

Rear shaft.
http://www.nitrohouse.com/catalog/pr...ducts_id=12470

warpig 02-13-2010 04:10 PM

ty:)

cbrociuos 02-13-2010 07:51 PM

snrscion ygpm

Racer For Fun 02-13-2010 08:41 PM

I'm sure even the JBRL series it's alowing home made parts but can use after market parts. The hole point of SC is to keep everyone on the same playing field. That's what's bring new people into the hobby.

JAMMINKRAZY 02-13-2010 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Racer For Fun (Post 7002198)
I'm sure even the JBRL series it's alowing home made parts but can use after market parts. The hole point of SC is to keep everyone on the same playing field. That's what's bring new people into the hobby.

That's the stupid part of SC.;) 2wd can bring people into the hobby.:rolleyes:

Anyway, those towers aren't really homemade since I didn't make them, Steve did.:lol: My track really doesn't care anyway.:nod:

Crawler 02-13-2010 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY (Post 7002211)
That's the stupid part of SC.;) 2wd can bring people into the hobby.:rolleyes:

Anyway, those towers aren't really homemade since I didn't make them, Steve did.:lol: My track really doesn't care anyway.:nod:

Guess you just have to send those towers to me!:nod:

Racer For Fun 02-13-2010 08:56 PM

I,m this letting you know so if you go to big races. The rule will not let you use those towers.

JAMMINKRAZY 02-13-2010 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Crawler (Post 7002231)
Guess you just have to send those towers to me!:nod:

:confused: OK:confused: :lol::D

Originally Posted by Racer For Fun (Post 7002242)
I,m this letting you know so if you go to big races. The rule will not let you use those towers.

If I go to big races I won't be running SC.:nod: The big toys come out for the big races. I'm not sure what the rules will read around here, but generally in open or mod classes they will limit batteries and (for SC) tires, other than that anything goes. IMO that's how it should be. It is "modified" after all, isn't it? :nod:

cbrociuos 02-13-2010 09:34 PM

around here as long as it was sold as a 1/10 corr truck your good and can mod. pretty much whatever you want. too many rules; too much argueing ruins racing!:nod:

JAMMINKRAZY 02-13-2010 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by cbrociuos (Post 7002331)
around here as long as it was sold as a 1/10 corr truck your good and can mod. pretty much whatever you want. too many rules; too much argueing ruins racing!:nod:

Agreed! There's way too many useless rules associated with the SC segment of this hobby. You only need a couple rules that will keep the class solid. Everything else goes. A big part of this hobby to me is trying to find any advantage you can. It's part of the competitive/creative aspect of racing.:nod:

snrscion 02-13-2010 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY (Post 7002356)
Agreed! There's way too many useless rules associated with the SC segment of this hobby. You only need a couple rules that will keep the class solid. Everything else goes. A big part of this hobby to me is trying to find any advantage you can. It's part of the competitive/creative aspect of racing.:nod:

DITTO.:sneaky::sneaky:

your towers will go out on Tuesday because Mon is holiday.

MooseDrool 02-13-2010 11:07 PM

I currently have a hyper 10SC, and I am geared with an 11t pinion and stock spur for a tekin redline 6.5. What should I run for a pinion with the same setup in the jammin? And the jammin is mod1 right?

Also, is there any place where the jammin is available right now?

Thanks,
-Moose

snrscion 02-13-2010 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by MooseDrool (Post 7002540)
I currently have a hyper 10SC, and I am geared with an 11t pinion and stock spur for a tekin redline 6.5. What should I run for a pinion with the same setup in the jammin? And the jammin is mod1 right?

Also, is there any place where the jammin is available right now?

Thanks,
-Moose

Nitrohouse.com

I think the lowest pinion in mod 1 you can run in a Jammin is 12t. I run a 14t with Novak HV 4.5.