*****YOKOMO BMAX 4*****

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2014, 11:49 AM
Tech Rookie

Is it possible to buy a kit?

Thanks in advance

Sylvain

Originally Posted by neallewis
Here is my new shorty lipo conversion chassis in carbon fibre.

Allows the motor/slipper pod to be rotated 180 degrees and moved forward. Front and rear propshafts are swapped. Shorty lipo tray allows forward and rearward positions in a similar manner to the saddle lipo trays.

More photos when fitted.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:57 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Damages on my 4-3 at a club race yesterday. front axle cup broke in half. another race had his almost chipping away.

after which, front arm broke off too. not sure if the injuries are all tied to each other.

3 qualifying rounds, 3 finals. Had to retire 4 times due to the following.

1. ESC/ Motor thermal after fan blade broke off during practice.
2. rear ball end broke, front rim warped and it can bind onto the steering block ball cup when turning.
3. axle broke
4. front arm broke.

even my backup Bmax 4-2 gave me gearbox issue before race starts.

overall, still very happy with the car response and handling. hope to do better next round.

back to the topic of the front wheel auto pop off from the first batch of users. I've been wondering if it is due to the CVD shaft rubbing onto the C hub hole where the CVD goes thru to the steering block.

cause i realise that my C hub seems to have some abrasion marks caused by the CVD shafts.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Got the ball diffs installed today. Total weigh saving of 28.2g on a rotating driveline..

Also a picture of the dremeled diff cases. (Accidentally used 12mm instead of 10mm when I rebuilt! Oops..)

Old 05-26-2014, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

froggie - I imagine if you use a CF chassis, you could lose a few additional grams there too. (I remember when I changed to CF chassis on my old Durango 4wd, it was quite a decent weight loss).
Also .. shorty packs 4200 is more than enough for stock racing and, more importantly, is light.

viktozz - was it a big hit to break the drive cups?
Old 05-26-2014, 06:24 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyl03
froggie - I imagine if you use a CF chassis, you could lose a few additional grams there too. (I remember when I changed to CF chassis on my old Durango 4wd, it was quite a decent weight loss).
Also .. shorty packs 4200 is more than enough for stock racing and, more importantly, is light.

Yep the carbon fibre chassis is already on its way.
Currently using the nano-tech 4200mah which are great, but will also be trying the protek 3200mah (only 155g!).

Should be able to get close to the legal limit..
Old 05-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by wyl03

Nope. Never hit anything. But there was quite abit of crazy jumps I put it thru and the track was abit technical. I could only fault it to myself as I forgot to lube the front cvd when I had the car re-lubed. Most prob the heat and excessive pressure that I push on it in the race broke it. Anyway, that is the axle cup for the front cvd
Old 05-26-2014, 07:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by viktozzz

I've shattered both kit front CVD axle cups (I think they were over hardened) and I've shattered a kit CVD front shaft ball end when I rolled and blew a front shock tower mount.
I've since bought a pack of #B4-010F - Front Universal Drive Shaft and noticed that the design of the CVD axle is different from the kit (and BMAX4-ii). I think they have made a running change to a stronger piece.

I've done five maybe six front shock tower mounts. One simple roll on high grip astro kills the gearbox top. Saying that I've now made a shocktower cover from an old used rear wing, which is holding up well. Not killed one since I've been running it, which is good.
Old 05-26-2014, 07:35 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by froggie22
Got the ball diffs installed today. Total weigh saving of 28.2g on a rotating driveline..

Also a picture of the dremeled diff cases. (Accidentally used 12mm instead of 10mm when I rebuilt! Oops..)

Nice. I still need to do this. I will i the week. Want to try my car again on my carbon shorty chassis.

Did you just drill your kit chassis?
Old 05-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIND THE SET UP SHEET FOR BMAX4 iii FOR THE PRO DRIVER FOR CLAY HIGH BITE !!!!????????
Old 05-26-2014, 10:59 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FemaleRCfan
CAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIND THE SET UP SHEET FOR BMAX4 iii FOR THE PRO DRIVER FOR CLAY HIGH BITE !!!!????????
choose from here.

http://www.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo/...oBMax4III.html
Old 05-27-2014, 03:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Nice. I still need to do this. I will i the week. Want to try my car again on my carbon shorty chassis.

Did you just drill your kit chassis?
There is a 17T plastic gear for the ball diff: B4-504B - guess that also takes away a few gramms... and I guess it helps to have the ball diff lasts longer than with the 17T metal gear?
Old 05-27-2014, 06:04 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Mclogo
There is a 17T plastic gear for the ball diff: B4-504B - guess that also takes away a few gramms... and I guess it helps to have the ball diff lasts longer than with the 17T metal gear?
Yeah i forgot to pick those up while I was at Ryper Hobbies. I assumed they came in the ball diff kit but didn't check.
Old 05-27-2014, 07:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by froggie22
Yeah i forgot to pick those up while I was at Ryper Hobbies. I assumed they came in the ball diff kit but didn't check.
Thanks for mentioning... I wasn't sure also.
Guess I will order the ball diffs also for my outside dirt car
Old 05-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

froggie - did you manage to corner weight your car before and after making the changes to go shorty?
Old 05-29-2014, 06:03 PM
Tech Addict

I've shattered both kit front CVD axle cups (I think they were over hardened) and I've shattered a kit CVD front shaft ball end when I rolled and blew a front shock tower mount.
I've since bought a pack of #B4-010F - Front Universal Drive Shaft and noticed that the design of the CVD axle is different from the kit (and BMAX4-ii). I think they have made a running change to a stronger piece.
Hi Neal

i'm getting our local LHS to put in some parts for us. Would it be possible for you show us the diff between the new B4-010F vs the stock?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.