Search
Like Tree5Likes

*****YOKOMO BMAX 4*****

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by viktozzz
Hi Neal

i'm getting our local LHS to put in some parts for us. Would it be possible for you show us the diff between the new B4-010F vs the stock?

Thanks
I'll photograph tomorrow.
Old 05-30-2014, 05:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on securing wheels so they dont fall off other than swinging of the tool like its a real car, have added white plumbers thread tape to the axles and even placed a drop of superglue onto the rear flanged side of the nut so when it mates with the rim theres a little bit of extra hope, however have still managed to have wheels fall off or come loose, happens with both the kit rims and aka rims, wasted so much money on this thing with the few small things ive had to replace and buying spares and even adding double sided tape between the spur and spur cover so it doesnt sound like a gas car, lame for $500, any suggestions.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TLRMAN
Just wondering if anyone has some suggestions on securing wheels so they dont fall off other than swinging of the tool like its a real car, have added white plumbers thread tape to the axles and even placed a drop of superglue onto the rear flanged side of the nut so when it mates with the rim theres a little bit of extra hope, however have still managed to have wheels fall off or come loose, happens with both the kit rims and aka rims, wasted so much money on this thing with the few small things ive had to replace and buying spares and even adding double sided tape between the spur and spur cover so it doesnt sound like a gas car, lame for $500, any suggestions.

What some of us did is to apply a thin layer of threadlock on the axle, and let it dry overnight. Then when we secure it the next day, it does not loosen anymore.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:18 PM
Tech Elite

you cannot use AKA rims. unless they are the new EVO type.

i have never seen the std rims fall off.
Old 05-30-2014, 06:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I have also had no issues with Associated rims.
10mm hex in the front.
Old 05-30-2014, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wyl03
froggie - did you manage to corner weight your car before and after making the changes to go shorty?
I did a while ago, but unfortunately I can't find the image..

Originally Posted by fatbear
I have also had no issues with Associated rims.
10mm hex in the front.
Same results as above for me.
Old 05-31-2014, 05:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Painy
you cannot use AKA rims. unless they are the new EVO type.

i have never seen the std rims fall off.
But I purchased these rims from Ryper as was advised these would be fine for the bmax4, asked for genuine Yokomo but couldn't remember if it was the colour I wanted wasn't in stock or the quantity.....
Old 05-31-2014, 12:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

I use serrated Jconcepts nuts in front and serrated TLR lock nuts in the rear.
The only time when a wheel came of, was when I had used the standard pins and one of the pin broke. (you should use the hardened pins available, the asso whel conversion has already got hardened pins)
Old 06-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by froggie22
The rear are typical 12mm hex wheels, ie AKA (23101W/Y) (Losi, Associated, Kyosho).
As for the fronts, the kit comes with 12mm hex or you can convert to the associated 10mm hex with the optional hex (BM-011F).
My aka wheels fall off, only after the over tightened superglued and plumbers taped wheel nut bails first... Have just found apparently aka wheels can't be used.
Old 06-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

My aka wheels fall off, only after the over tightened superglued and plumbers taped wheel nut bails first... Have just found apparently aka wheels can't be used.
Did you try serrated nuts?
Old 06-01-2014, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

But I purchased these rims from Ryper as was advised these would be fine for the bmax4, asked for genuine Yokomo but couldn't remember if it was the colour I wanted wasn't in stock or the quantity.....
Initially we thought they would be fine. As they don't have any issues on other cars with 12mm hex.

There are people who have no problems with those wheels also.
Old 06-01-2014, 10:11 PM
Tech Adept

Never had any problems with the original wheels and nuts.
Old 06-02-2014, 04:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Gents, there could be a few reasons why the front left rims will fall off.. I had my fair share of this problem and no one had the solution to solve it, like above, I have tried loctite but to no avail, when doing club racing.. It does not give Me the confidence to push the buggy.

However, with a little help and discussion with close buddies, what we did was to decrease the reverse power, we are allow to engage reverse in our esc. Currently on tekin gen 2, set her up with the delay reverse and power down to 20percent... So far the front left Tyres are holding well during the club racers.

I had at least stripped 5 front sets of rims and currently on kyosho zx5 front rims and tlr 22/4 front rims..

Hope the above helps.. Cheers!
Old 06-03-2014, 01:50 AM
Tech Regular

Why would you want to drive in reverse anyway?
Old 06-03-2014, 01:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

just get the fix kit when it comes out later this month/early next month

Part #KYO30046B

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.