Search
Like Tree5Likes

*****YOKOMO BMAX 4*****

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 06:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by neallewis
Here is my new shorty lipo conversion chassis in carbon fibre.

Allows the motor/slipper pod to be rotated 180 degrees and moved forward. Front and rear propshafts are swapped. Shorty lipo tray allows forward and rearward positions in a similar manner to the saddle lipo trays.

More photos when fitted.
Very impressive! How can you get me one and how much?
Old 05-07-2014, 06:50 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 65 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dennisV
Carbide balls.
Awesome, thank you!
Old 05-07-2014, 07:02 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tony2
Very impressive! How can you get me one and how much?
Thanks. This is a first one-off cut. Need to test fit it (it should be perfect) and make sure it works as I think it will. Will work out a finished price, but not sure about shipping prices to .au?

I may also look to have them cut in alloy, if I can source some similar to the kit spec?
Old 05-07-2014, 07:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default B44.2 proline bulldog body

I got my body to fit after a few trims up front. moved the front post hole back a few mm but it fits alright. The bottom needs some trimming because the chassis is longer than the 44.2 chassis. I feel like it calmed the car down some. it felt better on the track. the steering arms clear but turning right the servo horn barely hits the body a touch

Attached Thumbnails *****YOKOMO BMAX 4*****-imag0004.jpg   *****YOKOMO BMAX 4*****-imag0005.jpg   *****YOKOMO BMAX 4*****-imag0006.jpg   *****YOKOMO BMAX 4*****-imag0007.jpg  
Old 05-08-2014, 01:27 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Thanks. This is a first one-off cut. Need to test fit it (it should be perfect) and make sure it works as I think it will. Will work out a finished price, but not sure about shipping prices to .au?

I may also look to have them cut in alloy, if I can source some similar to the kit spec?
I am sure you would get a few Australia's ordering them and could send a few at once. I know ide be in for it!
Old 05-08-2014, 01:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

The ones in my two were steel and have gone square just about straight away they say there carbide but you can pick them up with a magnet and like i said they went bad very quickly so i just assumed there steel and ordered some decent ones abit ordinary for the price but oh well.

peter

Originally Posted by DaveG28
Hey guys, couple of quick questions:

What balls come in the hall diff sets, carbide or just steel etc? If just steel what size are the main and thrust balls?

Secondly, anyone run the car at Space Coast, if so what springs work well at that track? Am hoping to do the nationals this year!
Old 05-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Here is my new shorty lipo conversion chassis in carbon fibre.

Allows the motor/slipper pod to be rotated 180 degrees and moved forward. Front and rear propshafts are swapped. Shorty lipo tray allows forward and rearward positions in a similar manner to the saddle lipo trays.

More photos when fitted.
I'm interested to hear what the weight distribution is on the 4 corners is compared to a saddle pack configuration. Especially when you move the battery forward and back. Please report back.
Old 05-10-2014, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Fits together perfect. Has clear chassis protection sheet on bottom.

Will be running it on astro in the week.

Not had it on the scales but it feels quite a bit lighter than the alloy and saddles.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:32 PM
Tech Regular

Fits together perfect. Has clear chassis protection sheet on bottom.

Will be running it on astro in the week.

Not had it on the scales but it feels quite a bit lighter than the alloy and saddles.
Looks great!
Old 05-12-2014, 01:52 AM
Tech Apprentice

This add makes me smile
Guess it's coming out soon...
Attached Thumbnails *****YOKOMO BMAX 4*****-jconcepts_add.jpg  
Old 05-12-2014, 02:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mclogo
This add makes me smile
woot... good news for many of us..

am so going to get both once it becomes available.
Old 05-12-2014, 02:42 AM
Tech Adept

ok first i'm new here with yokomo, and the bmax4 III.
In comparison to my B44.2 it's so a heavy car. so the springs and fluid are heavier tot use on the bmax. That makes it not possible to use my asso springs on the car. But with the conversion kit with shorty and much lighter chassis, i 'm curious it performs also as good.

i see on the photo you use the same combo as me, toro ts120 with the reedy sonic mach 2 but 6.0t.
The combo works perfect, except when i use some boost, the motor will not spin smooth in low turns. Only with turbo its as smooth as it can get's. ts120 with the hobbywing V10 no problem and the reedy with the HBV2.1 works also fine. I think it's the combination?
Old 05-12-2014, 02:48 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Mclogo
This add makes me smile

!!!YES!!! the original body is a pain in the ass.
1 landing of another car on your roof, and you can say goodby to the shell.
2e the bmax 4 III is 'so sexy' like a german tank leopard.
So for the moment i call it the 'TANK'.

Old 05-12-2014, 04:14 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Svendc
ok first i'm new here with yokomo, and the bmax4 III.
In comparison to my B44.2 it's so a heavy car. so the springs and fluid are heavier tot use on the bmax. That makes it not possible to use my asso springs on the car. But with the conversion kit with shorty and much lighter chassis, i 'm curious it performs also as good.

i see on the photo you use the same combo as me, toro ts120 with the reedy sonic mach 2 but 6.0t.
The combo works perfect, except when i use some boost, the motor will not spin smooth in low turns. Only with turbo its as smooth as it can get's. ts120 with the hobbywing V10 no problem and the reedy with the HBV2.1 works also fine. I think it's the combination?
You can definately use the associated springs. There are 10+ yokomos running associated springs where I race on sugared clay.
Currently I am running with 1.6 hole front, 1.7 hole rear with associated blue and green. Running 35 and 30wt losi oil.
Old 05-12-2014, 08:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by froggie22
You can definately use the associated springs. There are 10+ yokomos running associated springs where I race on sugared clay.
Currently I am running with 1.6 hole front, 1.7 hole rear with associated blue and green. Running 35 and 30wt losi oil.
Yep, same here - the associated springs work fine on clay or dirt. I use the yokomo springs for carpet or astro.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.