Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Losi buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree the desert truck is the stupidest thing. They don't need a new xxx t, they've had three new models in the last 7 years or so, and the xxx 4 hasn't been updated since 2003. I was disapointed with cactus, not seeing any losi guys up top. I think losi is putting all there eggs in one basket mainly thinking about 1/8. 1/10 is where its at. I don't know one person who got started in rc with any thing else other than 1/10. The other problem, i talked to a guy who built an electric losi 8ight, he had $1100 invested. I've got a losi race roller with a bought brand new grp and i have under 700 invested. Also the 4wd are going to handle differently.every class handles different in some way. You cant have a 4wd a 2wd and a truck and set them up to handle the exact same, they all have very different ergonomics, except for the truck and 2wd, but the smaller tires and shorter chasis make it alot different. Hopefully losi doesn't comeout with a $500 + kit, that will make me upset.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I too would be upset if the came out with a 500 dollar kit, but, I think they will keep the price close to 300-330. It has to be competitive with the other(most) 4wd buggies on the market.

Jay
Old 03-19-2009, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I wouldn’t get your hopes up on a new1/10 4wd, I don’t think losi is working on a new one. And if they are we won’t see it for many years. So just go out and buy a xx4
Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Kawboy368
I was disapointed with cactus, not seeing any losi guys up top. I think losi is putting all there eggs in one basket mainly thinking about 1/8. 1/10 is where its at. I don't know one person who got started in rc with any thing else other than 1/10.
Funny you mention where people got their start - I did in electric Offroad, but I'm having fun running Nitro Offroad now more than anything before. And there are lots of people out there that have never picked up an electric 2wd buggy... I really think you'll start seeing more of the Losi electric guys up in the mix at big races in the near future. Truhe was in the 2wd main after not running electric for a while, and Billy Fischer was 5th qualifier in 4wd with a XXX-4. Both Matt Chambers and Dustin Evans had great qualifying runs at the Cactus too. Dustin also beat Tebo heads-up back in November at the Hutchinson Fall Classic, Matt finishing a close 3rd. They were also way up in the mix at the Columbus race, Dustin finished on the podium in both 2wd and truck right behind Tebo and Cav.

And not to throw your rumors under the bus, but there is no new Losi 4wd right now. A lot of guys have done suspension modifications that have already been mentioned in the thread, but that has been going on for years with the XXX-4. I remember Kinwald running a XXX-S chassis and drivetrain at one point, even Matt Francis was lowering his diff's by dremeling the chassis down in his XXX-4 at the Worlds in Florida in 2003. There's a lot that has been and can be done to the car, but for me, the stock chassis and setups work fine.

There is always progression in every type of racing, and with the emergence of Lipo's and brushless systems as an almost 'standard' in 1/10th offroad now, you have to think that every manufacturer - AE, Kyosho, & HotBodies alike - is looking at updating their chassis' to be a step ahead of the next guy. You never know what the engineers at any manufacturer are cooking up... Yes, Losi has put a lot of time into the 1/8th Offroad scene, because that is the biggest thing (racing-wise) right now. It has paid off well for them, but with the short-course-truck hype, and the lipo/BL ease-of-use, I'm sure you will see things start to change in electric offroad from many different manufacturers.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Lars Johnson
And not to throw your rumors under the bus, but there is no new Losi 4wd right now.
yep
Old 03-19-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I don't understand the desire everyone has for "something" different. Losi products are still very competitive at the local, regional and national level. Yes, they may not put as much into the marketing and public presentation as other companies - but that happens in these economic days. Do you think it really matters what car Cav, Tebo and Maifield are using - they are fast and will win with it.

I just dusted off a XX4 and a XXXT - I haven't really raced in six years - rebuilt them, two practice days. First race - TQ and won Mod Truck, second in 4wd to the track owner (finished ahead of a Kyosho/Orion team driver).

Just because one company is winning at the big events doesn't mean the other stuff out there is no good. Like it was stated earlier in the thread, it's knowing how to build, tune and drive that makes the difference. The ROAR Regional champ in my area, took my truck for spin and made it look amazing!
It's not the vehicle (new or old) - its the combination, that makes it work. Remember when Kinwald busted out the Predator in '94 or whatever. Great driver, well prepped and set up car, obviously driven correctly. For the average racer - that's what we need. For those who want to go to the next level. Not only do they need the car, but they need that extra something else inside them - talent, skill, knowledge determination - what ever you want to call it. Sorry for the long rant - just my .02.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:17 AM
Tech Adept

Actually we already know they are working on one, this discussion is when! Also we losi fans were wondering if we could get some insight on the new buggy. When i say i don't know anyone who hasnt started in 1/10, i mean like 20 to 30 people, not the world. This sport isn't built around hardcore weekend racers who spend 2 - $5000 a year in rc, the majority are budget racers, and i think as long as 1/8 remains the most expensive out of all the rc classes, 1/10 is where its at. Having said that, you admitted to ae and kyosho already might be working on new chasis designs, and there newer cars came out just 2 years ago. Losi hasn't changed the xxx 4 for 7 years, except the graphite plus. Losi came out with the 8ight, then not even a year or two later the 2.0, then the 8ight E, and in the same year, the 8ight E 2.0, then the truggys as well. I think losi is putting 1/10 on the side and there losing loyalist. But yes they are in fact working on one, its just a matter of when it will come out. So stop depressing me. lol
Old 03-19-2009, 09:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Will be announced April 15th, available mid June.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:44 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by y2kgtp
Will be announced April 15th, available mid June.
nope try again
Old 03-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalracer2
nope try again
I finally broke down and bought a XXX-4 G+....it has to happen really soon...

Every time I buy something, a new version comes out, or a price drop is announced shortly after
Old 03-19-2009, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I don't even see the point of getting any new Losi vehicle, I have been a fan of there for years, I started with them and I still prefer the original XXX. BUT everytime and I mean EVERY time they come out with a new car, you have to mod the Sh*t out of it. I mean does any actually remember the bs you had to go through to get the XXX-4 and XXX-S running consistantly at a high level.

Oh and about there dessert truck, Losi always comes out with some stupid class or car, I mean does anyone here REMEMBER the RALLY car they had!!

Go Losi!

Josh
Old 03-19-2009, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Ok listen. Im going to buy a new 4wd losi buggy. I want it to be the new on not the xxx 4 g+. Yes its the driver, but tony stewart couldn't win a race in a go kart. When you get to a certain level, little things count. Look a james stewart and chad reed. Over the years ive seen reed be beat just because stewart did a triple triple, and reed was double triple singling. Little seconds count when you get to a certain level. Lets say someone is losing .05 seconds a lap because he cant take a turn the way he wants to. At the end of a five minute main that is five seconds. My not be alot but it could be a deal breaker. THE REASON I STARTED THIS THREAD WAS WHEN IS THE F@(KIN BUGGY COMIN OUT. Stop starting Sh!t and saying its not the car its the driver, its the economy, where here to talk about the new one when it comes out. Stay out of here if your here to start SH!t, not everyone cares about your opinion.
Old 03-19-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't think there is a new 4wd car in the works right now. I haven't heard anything about it. If there is then it's pretty top secret to even alot of team guys. If it's true - cool. If not, I'll keep wheeling my XXX4 G+. Like Lars said, it's still pretty good in stock form with stock setups.

Actually we already know they are working on one, this discussion is when! Also we losi fans were wondering if we could get some insight on the new buggy. When i say i don't know anyone who hasnt started in 1/10, i mean like 20 to 30 people, not the world. This sport isn't built around hardcore weekend racers who spend 2 - $5000 a year in rc, the majority are budget racers, and i think as long as 1/8 remains the most expensive out of all the rc classes, 1/10 is where its at. Having said that, you admitted to ae and kyosho already might be working on new chasis designs, and there newer cars came out just 2 years ago. Losi hasn't changed the xxx 4 for 7 years, except the graphite plus. Losi came out with the 8ight, then not even a year or two later the 2.0, then the 8ight E, and in the same year, the 8ight E 2.0, then the truggys as well. I think losi is putting 1/10 on the side and there losing loyalist. But yes they are in fact working on one, its just a matter of when it will come out. So stop depressing me. lol
Old 03-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Lets say someone is losing .05 seconds a lap because he cant take a turn the way he wants to.

If your at that level you should be able to adapt your driving style while you are racing.

You started a thread when a new rumored buggy is supose to come out and did not expect it to go this way......

Pics or Fail
Old 03-19-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Adept

GUYS WE KNOW FOR A FACT THEY ARE WORKING ON ONE. PEOPLE STOP GETTING ON HERE AND SAYING NO I DONT THINK THEY ARE.WE HAVE TALKED TO PEOPLE, WE KNOW PEOPLE WHO KNOW PEOPLE, THOSE PEOPLE KNOW PEOPLE, AND PEOPLE HAVE TOLD PEOPLE THAT THESE PEOPLE ARE WORKING ON IT.Just bc its not posted on the losi site, or rc caraction hasn't said anything doesn't prove anything.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.