Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Losi buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2009, 03:16 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JeromeK99
I think the XXX-4 gets such a bad rap because its from a time before 4wd got popular and the original construction/setup was for different types of tracks. Many tracks were still running loomy loose dirt. It takes a little setup to adjust it, but once you do it is still very competitive.

Jerome
I'm not sure what you are talking about? The xxx4 came out in like 2002 or sometime around then. It TQed the 2002 worlds, but not sure if came out the same year or not. This was kinda the height of the "blue groove" track in my opinion. There was SRS, several tracks in southern california and many tracks in Florida, some of which have since gone away, but they all were known for their blue groove surface. When this car came out, taper pins had already been out for 2+ years, so most of todays current high-traction tires (even the bk bar I think) were on the market.

The fact is the xxx4 did not need to be competitive..because the 4wd market was completely dead at the time it came out.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by richard.bratton
Would you mind posting your setup? I have a couple of XXX4s that I've never run and would love to try one out.
Start with the book setup and drive it.... determine what you want more of and make small changes. You really cant take someone's setup from one track, different driving style and traction conditions and apply it to another.

Read the tuning guide in the back of the book. Make the changes to give you more of what you want and drive each one. The biggest mistake I see so many people do is to make so many drastic changes, drive it once and make more drastic changes. Doing this you will never understand what the changes actually do. The XXX-4 is infinitely adjustable! The most important thing next to suspension setup is tire choice.. I cannot stress this enough. You have to have the correct tires if you want any car to handle correctly.

Have fun!

Jerome
Old 03-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Appreciatte the inside tips man. I really think losi needs to do something soon or alot of people might end up moving to another brand. The xxx 4 came out in 2001 2002, this buggy is 7 years old, now with the b44, hot bodies, j concepts, comin out with brand new rigs, and i don't remember seein a losi in the 2007 worlds in japan. Losi needs to get a sick buggy out to start dominatin.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If they have been working on a new car it may show up this weekend at Cactus. If not then for sure if it is any good will debut at the Worlds.
Old 03-10-2009, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i actually just listed my xxx-4's for sale, i guess i will be trying to order my schumacher cat before outdoor starts since they seem to be the only belt car designed to use a stick pack....
Old 03-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Tech Adept

yes i am all for the stick pack design, i hate the saddle packs, its not enough to buy a new vehicle but you have to go buy new batts too, and the saddle packs, lets say the exact same capacity are more expensive as the stick pack counter parts. Atleast with being able to use stick packs i can switch the batts out with my truck and 2wd. Also if you havent sold your xxx 4s yet pm some pics and prices.
Old 03-11-2009, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by SCIDA
If they have been working on a new car it may show up this weekend at Cactus. If not then for sure if it is any good will debut at the Worlds.
Im sorry to say that you wont see the new cars at cactus. The team drivers wont have the new protos for a while You might however see the team with modded out xxx4s, although they have been doin that for a while now, so im sure youve probly seen one already. And also im almost positive it will not be debuted at this years worlds. It wont be enough testing time. They literally just started on this project not to long ago. Give it some more time. You might see the jrx-4 proto that was at the 05 worlds at the 09 worlds, but from what i heard thats not the proto they r working on now.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:12 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeromeK99
Start with the book setup and drive it.... determine what you want more of and make small changes. You really cant take someone's setup from one track, different driving style and traction conditions and apply it to another.

Read the tuning guide in the back of the book. Make the changes to give you more of what you want and drive each one. The biggest mistake I see so many people do is to make so many drastic changes, drive it once and make more drastic changes. Doing this you will never understand what the changes actually do. The XXX-4 is infinitely adjustable! The most important thing next to suspension setup is tire choice.. I cannot stress this enough. You have to have the correct tires if you want any car to handle correctly.

Have fun!

Jerome
Jerome, I'm familiar with tuning a car... I don't plan on racing a XXX-4, but just may get one "running" to toy with. I only asked for your setup to compare it to a stock setup. You mentioned that it took drastic changes to get it to perform because of the loamy surfaces it was designed for. What are those changes? To be honest, if I was going to race a Losi 4wd, it would be the XX-4.
Old 03-11-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

its a low weight shock oil setup with light springs and when u hit the breaks the belt slips a little runnin on goose bumps all the way around
Old 03-11-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

So tbconcepts are you saying that its goin to be like 2 years until the new 4wd comes out. Because the guy from st louis made it sound like wait until march or april. If its goin to be that long im just gonna get a xxx 4 and get the new on when it comes out.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

i am worried they will do something dumb and go saddle pack on it...
anyway my xxx-4 have hit ebay, time to order the cat sx until losi pulls its head out of its butt...
Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kawboy368
So tbconcepts are you saying that its goin to be like 2 years until the new 4wd comes out. Because the guy from st louis made it sound like wait until march or april. If its goin to be that long im just gonna get a xxx 4 and get the new on when it comes out.
i just bought a XXX-4 G+ today....so expect a new buggy announcement within 30 days
Old 03-11-2009, 09:18 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

the new losi is coming out mid march.

called the LOSI E8 2.0.......
Old 03-11-2009, 09:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vic0280
the new losi is coming out mid march.

called the LOSI E8 2.0.......
I believe it as my previous post...
Old 03-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Kawboy368
Like I said before, i was just told they were coming out with new buggys in the near future, they might not even have protos built. Although i did hear that a few of the team were going to try the 05 worlds car in 09. Other than that no new buggy coming out soon. I was told it was going to be a completely different chassis and different layout different from the 05 car...any other info i get ill share with you guys

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.