Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Losi buggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

yea for sure. The a arms are definitly a weak point. If you check out ryan cavalieris setup on losi website he used bk2 arms on his xxx 4. But losi needs a xxx 4 that is ready for battle. Someone mentioned that the factory drivers are modding to beyond belief. That isn't right to me, I want a losi 4wd that is ready. A graphite chasis would be nice too. Also with todays lipo setups, you can't really put the motor, esc, servo, and rx on one side and the battery on the other to balance it since the lipos are considerably lighter.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kawboy368
yea for sure. The a arms are definitly a weak point. If you check out ryan cavalieris setup on losi website he used bk2 arms on his xxx 4. But losi needs a xxx 4 that is ready for battle. Someone mentioned that the factory drivers are modding to beyond belief. That isn't right to me, I want a losi 4wd that is ready. A graphite chasis would be nice too. Also with todays lipo setups, you can't really put the motor, esc, servo, and rx on one side and the battery on the other to balance it since the lipos are considerably lighter.
Well, hopefully all this modification and testing will create a new car down the road. They have to figure out what works, and build from that.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes, but LiFe Batteries are even better my friend!! 3S 2300 maH LiFe last longer than 3S 4700maH LiPo, since you can actually use all the power of the cells.

You just add lead weights to compensate for that just as I added 3oz lead weight on the nose of my XXX-CR although my batteries are three times lighter than Lipo's by using LiFe a123 cells
Old 03-09-2009, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I don't know what you guys are hitting to break front arms so much.. I am hard press to break one at all... if I do, the crash would break any 4wd arm. Make sure you are buying the upgraded graphite front arms with the extra cross bracing (they've been out for some time now).

I think the XXX-4 gets such a bad rap because its from a time before 4wd got popular and the original construction/setup was for different types of tracks. Many tracks were still running loomy loose dirt. It takes a little setup to adjust it, but once you do it is still very competitive.

The power plants we are putting in them just weren't around originally either. I had one when they first came out.. Mostly I ran 12x2 brushed motors and 2400 NiCads. You couldn't run much more if you wanted last the race and not cook the motor. A newer 6.5 brushless is like running a 9x1 and batteries are much bigger and more powerful than ever before.

I know my car can keep up with all the newer models out there. It's all about driving. It does take someone who knows what they are doing to set it up correctly though.

Jerome
Old 03-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Tech Apprentice

They might be working on one.......... If they are it's going to be some time before they release a new wheeler. If your looking at getting a losi wheeler go ahead and get the xxx4g+.
Old 03-09-2009, 01:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by grapejuice
I'm good friends with a couple of the Losi drivers, and there is no new 4wd out. They are still modifying their's by hand to make it better, car is so far from stock.........
Shut your mouth you don't know anyone.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:29 PM
Tech Adept

if anyone hears anything let us know.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:42 AM
bbq
Tech Initiate

Well i think that all elctric classes will se new cars poping up with
every one using LiPo. The weight is the big thing here and what i
understand is that manufactors are talking about is how a car should
look with this new technology.

first out was Xfactory with a LiPo adapted car.
Who will be next?????
Old 03-10-2009, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
I used to be a big fan of Losi products, I've owned a Jr-XT, LXT, ...

Ever since they were taken over by Horizon (or handed over to), I haven't been a fan of their products at all...

It's not that they are low quality or something (that is a subject of debate), it's just they seem to be really lame as developers. Their design team seems to be more on "sustain" rather then "growth" mindset...

Their stuff is hard to find, about less then a quarter of the hobby shops (online and offline) carry their stuff, parts are hard to come by, and Horizon itself isn't the low-price leader at all (their Hobbyshop is overpriced IMO).

Would be nice to see something decent come out of that place. Whatever they plan to release, I'll hang onto my B44 thank you.
They're hard to beat in 1/8. And their devopement in that classs is superb! Parts are everywhere. So maybe they've just focussed on the most popular class of racing right now.... 1/8 nitro.
Old 03-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 152 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mirrorman
Shut your mouth you don't know anyone.
Hey, watch it buddy......
Old 03-10-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JeromeK99
II think the XXX-4 gets such a bad rap because its from a time before 4wd got popular and the original construction/setup was for different types of tracks. Many tracks were still running loomy loose dirt. It takes a little setup to adjust it, but once you do it is still very competitive.
Would you mind posting your setup? I have a couple of XXX4s that I've never run and would love to try one out.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

i still love my xx4 just little weak compared to the 44 hot bod etc..
i wouild love to see them make a new model based off the xx4 just stronger and shaft driven..
Old 03-10-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Addict

I got the insider tip from a friend of mine who is one of the big name losi drivers(cant say who, for his sake) but he did confirm that Losi IS working on a new 4wd AND new 2wd cars. Although these protos are still in very early development, and unfortunatly us "Regular Racers" will not see these cars for a few years.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Adept

BOOM, that is awesome. thank you for the tip. as for the shaft driven... na na. Wait they ought to do what xray did, have a shaft and a belt version for different racers, wouldn't that be rape.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:33 PM
Tech Addict

BOOM, that is awesome. thank you for the tip. as for the shaft driven... na na. Wait they ought to do what xray did, have a shaft and a belt version for different racers, wouldn't that be rape.
No Problem, as for shaft driven or not, i dont know yet, i dont even think HE knows that info yet, but any info i get from him in the future, i will be sure to pass it along to all you losi lovers. Although it might take a while, he travels A LOT!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.