Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Well... That went well. Have fun
Old 10-23-2011, 08:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spencer!
Does anyone know why castle has not released an app for android and iphone that is the castle link? to me this only makes sense. It is free to download an app creator through google for android soo why has the programmers for castle not sat down and worked through this?

Some people say this is a selling point for the esc and everyone who has a phone with apps would gladly pay 4.99 for the castle link app then buy the micro usb to mini usb conversion wire needed at walmart or radioshack.
No doubt!!! I would love to have this app!!!
Old 10-23-2011, 10:51 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Im thinking the more people we get to contact castle and ask for this app the sooner we will see this availible to the public.

Honestly I sat down and started work on the app but its just too much for me to work on however an experienced programmer could most likely do this over the course of just a couple of hours. I dont feel like we are asking for to much.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:54 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Spencer!
Im thinking the more people we get to contact castle and ask for this app the sooner we will see this availible to the public.

Honestly I sat down and started work on the app but its just too much for me to work on however an experienced programmer could most likely do this over the course of just a couple of hours. I dont feel like we are asking for to much.
How are you planning to connect the castlelink to the phone?

No phone i know of has a Type A USB socket on it.

Bluetooth might be an option, but the castlelink takes it's power from the USB connector so the bluetooth would need both power and a power supply for the castlelink.
Old 10-24-2011, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

It is'nt like they can't make it plug into your phone. It's a simple plug , but knowing my luck it would be an iphone only deal and I have andriod.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by gixer
How are you planning to connect the castlelink to the phone?

No phone i know of has a Type A USB socket on it.

Bluetooth might be an option, but the castlelink takes it's power from the USB connector so the bluetooth would need both power and a power supply for the castlelink.

All that is needed is a micro usb plug that changes into the usb size on the castle link.

And power wise any phone can power on the esc and program it you are looking at under 40ma of draw ... about the same as 2 transponers running at the same time.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Can the Mamba Max esc work with an Associated 3300kv motor that comes with the SC10rs? There is no sensor wire or port with that motor.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by suprdave
Can the Mamba Max esc work with an Associated 3300kv motor that comes with the SC10rs? There is no sensor wire or port with that motor.
Mmp can run almost anything .With that motor it"ll just run in sensorless mode just like the stock speed control will .
Old 10-24-2011, 02:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Cool thanks.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys, maybe this was discussed before but here is my issue. Mmp, with castle 3800 motor. Glitch buster plugged into the receiver because i use a savor servo. Futaba 4pk radio. My problem is when I engage the throttle, it feels like there is a dead band for abouta 1/16th inch of trigger pull. Then the truck takes off. But at a higher rpm makes taking a slw start difficult. Not sure what to do. Doesn't make the cogging sound. Just feels like it skips forward a bit too far on the initial trigger pull. Any advise would be helpfull
Old 10-24-2011, 05:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kromesoldier
Guys, maybe this was discussed before but here is my issue. Mmp, with castle 3800 motor. Glitch buster plugged into the receiver because i use a savor servo. Futaba 4pk radio. My problem is when I engage the throttle, it feels like there is a dead band for abouta 1/16th inch of trigger pull. Then the truck takes off. But at a higher rpm makes taking a slw start difficult. Not sure what to do. Doesn't make the cogging sound. Just feels like it skips forward a bit too far on the initial trigger pull. Any advise would be helpfull
I had the same issue yesterday and found two ways to correct it. You can hook up to castle link and narrow the dead band or you can use the throttle trim on your Futaba. Tune it to the throttle side until the wheels begin to turn then back it down about 10 clicks.
Old 10-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Regular

^^ recalibrate your radio it seems like you might have missed nuetral by a bit....hold gas down when plugging in power hold gas when green light is on then full throttle til red light then let off completely breaks when u see the yellow light until you hear a series of beeps then the esc should be live...also if you want a faster response time from the motor adjust the throttle dead band setting in your esc
Old 10-25-2011, 02:31 PM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Make sure you calibrate it correctly as well.
Old 10-26-2011, 04:55 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bds81175
Make sure you calibrate it correctly as well.
So far I have reset the model back to default on the radio for this truck
I have throttle reversed like castle says because it's futaba. And I recall rated the speedo to the radio. I still have the sudden increase in rpm's right after about 1/8 th of throttle pull. It starts smooth but this sudden jump is killing me. Not sure what else to do. I have been worried that it is in the speedo and it can't be corrected
Old 10-26-2011, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Call castle and try and send it in, or go to your LHS and see can they help u swap it out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.