Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC8Te Thread >

Team Associated RC8Te Thread

Team Associated RC8Te Thread

Old 03-07-2009, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chuckharrisjr
Hahah, good job last night!!!!!!! Your car was a little loose, but you held your own!!!! Nice win!!!!
Thanks, I hope you enjoyed the race and the car, next time there will be a ton of traction because it should be warmer out.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Pm also sent!
Old 07-05-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

for the price of admission, this would be a great way to get into the 1/8th truggy scene.
PM sent too
Old 07-07-2009, 06:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Last edited by jb7778; 07-07-2009 at 06:08 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 07-24-2009, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

i want to know from people they got this truggy what is braking the most??

Last edited by killermmn; 07-25-2009 at 02:35 PM.
Old 08-21-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Talking

THE ONLY THING I HAVE BROKE IS TWO STEERING ROD END AND STRIPPED TWO GEAR INSIDE THE CENTER DIFF.
Old 08-21-2009, 01:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killermmn
i want to know from people they got this truggy what is braking the most??
While I had mine I didn't break a thing. I put it through some rough stuff too.
Old 12-26-2009, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

As I don't have a track out where I am... And I heard a rumor that the 1/8th are unbreakable. My truck is the meanest basher on my base. And I keep blowing apart front shocks, snapping wing mounts, and breaking the rear chassis braces. That and I can't seem to keep the MMM attached. Aside from that this thing is unbreakable. I'm currently waiting for the Tekin Rx8 as I seem to be destroying the signal wires for the MMM. Has anyone else noticed the wire for the mmm is just barely not long enough to reach the RX box?
Old 01-01-2010, 12:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by widnerkj
As I don't have a track out where I am... And I heard a rumor that the 1/8th are unbreakable. My truck is the meanest basher on my base. And I keep blowing apart front shocks, snapping wing mounts, and breaking the rear chassis braces. That and I can't seem to keep the MMM attached. Aside from that this thing is unbreakable. I'm currently waiting for the Tekin Rx8 as I seem to be destroying the signal wires for the MMM. Has anyone else noticed the wire for the mmm is just barely not long enough to reach the RX box?
I did notice that and my MMM signal wire is stretching to get to the RX box. I just had to resolder and heat shrink my MMM cables because the spur shredded them. I've broken alot in this truggy: Battery tray broke, have to order a new one online since local shops don't stock electric parts yet, two front cva bones warped, warped the front alum. shock tower, replaced it w/ carbon fiber st, busted the plastic shocks on the first jump (can't believe these shocks can't handle any jumps) and shock fluid got everywhere (not cool), replaced with FT shocks, lost the wheel hex pin when the crappy c-clip slipped out of place, had to order extra c-clips and hex pins, busted/replaced two steering t/b caps, and the sway bar kicked back hard enough to strip one of the screws holding it in place on the gear box (had to replace the front gearbox). Lots of small issues but a pain to keep getting the parts and fixing this dang thing. I'm fixing it every time I take it out because something always ends up breaking. Almost afraid to drive it anymore because it's always breaking. Doesn't help that our local track is pan-hard and packed down with rocks embedded everywhere, even in all the jumps. Oh, and the jumps are all massive which means big crashes. But still, RC8Te is a pain to own right now. Haven't even started racing it yet either. I'm thinking about buying the Factory Team truggy kit just for spare/upgrade parts. What do you guys think about that?
Old 01-01-2010, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My thoughts are that the Associated truggy was built with one intention, racing. Associated is not known for bashers. I had a similar situation with my b44. I had a ton of $ into it and it broke nearly every other time I drove it, though it was usually shock shafts and front a-arms.

If your track is packed with gravel, and the jumps are huge, I would say that it is an out of the ordnary track. Most have moderate jumps, and are clay, with out a gravel mixture.

My advice, though you may not want this advice, is to sell your RC8Te and buy more of a track worthy basher like an eRevo (for example).

Im a huge Associated fan, but went through a similar delema between the two trucks, and havent broken a single thing on the eRevo, both on the track or when bashing.
Old 01-01-2010, 08:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thanks OG, I can appreciate your advice. And yes, it would be hard to part with the RC8Te truggy...it's such a speed demon. I have a Revo 3.3 that is surprisingly fun to run on this track and handles really well but can't do all the jumps. Hopefully they'll reconstruct the track with better material (clay) and a less extreme layout in the future and hold truggy races.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:54 AM
syn
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default RC8TE Chassis and Factory Team RC8T Chassis

Can anyone tell me if the Factory Team RC8T chassis has all the same mounting areas, screw holes, screw size, etc. as the one that's provided in the RC8TE kit? I'm looking to buy the FT chassis as a replacement for the RC8TE chassis before I begin putting the kit together, but I want to make sure everything will fit as it should without having to buy a conversion kit or any additional hardware.

I'm new to this, so sorry if this question has an obvious answer.

Thanks!
Old 01-11-2010, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I turned my SC8e into a RC8Te, the best thing ever
Old 01-11-2010, 03:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I thought about converting my SC8 into an RC8te but the price of parts is almost as much as a kit. The truggy is my next purchase.
Old 01-11-2010, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Hoodala
I thought about converting my SC8 into an RC8te but the price of parts is almost as much as a kit. The truggy is my next purchase.
well between tires, arms steering rack and misc. I spent about 200 but let me tell you, it rocks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.