Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Team Associated RC8Te Thread >

Team Associated RC8Te Thread

Team Associated RC8Te Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I saw this picture on the forum in regards to a RC8T-E with 2 2s lipo packs mounted in the rear and the motor flipped around (looks like it is on the left side of the car).

This would seem to provide a great left/right balance. Anyone have any more information about this? Has anyone tried it? Pros/cons?

It looks they used the RC8T-E conversion from Associated with Tecno RC battery trays. Also it looks like the ESC is mounted to the center diff topdeck.

I currently have the RC-Monster RC8T conversion on my truggy.

Chirag
Attached Thumbnails Team Associated RC8Te Thread-rc8t.jpg  
Old 04-28-2010, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by cpatel529
I saw this picture on the forum in regards to a RC8T-E with 2 2s lipo packs mounted in the rear and the motor flipped around (looks like it is on the left side of the car).

This would seem to provide a great left/right balance. Anyone have any more information about this? Has anyone tried it? Pros/cons?

It looks they used the RC8T-E conversion from Associated with Tecno RC battery trays. Also it looks like the ESC is mounted to the center diff topdeck.

I currently have the RC-Monster RC8T conversion on my truggy.

Chirag
Those are my rigs and the balance on both is awesome whether I'm running batteries in both trays for a long main or a single battery for the quals. When I'm running one battery I use the tray that's on the opposite side of the motor to maintain balance. The first time I raced them was two weeks ago and I won 2 out of 3 quals with the buggy and came in 2nd 2 out of 3 three times with the truggy. I had breakage issues in the mains that DNF'd me but otherwise they both performed well.

The trays in the Truggy are from Kershaw Designs. The engine mount point depends on your preference and chassis configuration. In order for me to strap two batteries I had to front mount. The weight even with two 6s batteries is only one pound heavier than stock which is nothing to a brushless system. I can clear even the triples on my track at 1/2 throttle. Below are some better shots:

Last edited by El Tigre; 04-28-2010 at 06:41 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

El Tigre - Your rides are pretty awesome. Definitely motivated me to run dual batteries to try and have better balance between left and right with the batts in the rear (similar to the Caster design). Also I think that it makes the truggy look a little different from all the other layouts.

I will be running the LRP SPX8 ESC with a Tekin T8 2000 mA Truggy motor. I will be using 2 2s batteries connected in series to provide power.

I am currently running the RC-Monster full conversion but will be replacing the motor mount with the one from EliteRC as soon as they are back in stock. For battery trays, I chose to use the TecnoRC V3 trays.

I should be receiving all my parts this weekend and will continue my build as soon as I return from out of town. Pictures will be posted as soon as I get it finished.

Chirag

Last edited by cpatel529; 04-29-2010 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:43 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys. Im looking at getting one of these bad boys and am wondering if a 100oz servo would get the job done. No racing I just want the wheels to turn
Old 04-29-2010, 12:27 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey all,
I am looking for a new ride at the moment and the RC8Te is one of my options.
The biggest argument against the RC8Te are the composite shocks. I really would prefer alloy ones.
Unfortunately, in Germany the TA dampers are the most expensive yoh can buy. Even more expensive than the ones from Kyosho.
Will any other shocks work as well? The Shocks from the Hong Nor X2 CRT for example?
thanks in advance,
Christoph
Old 04-29-2010, 01:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Check ebay for some F.T. shocks, got both sets of mine for $80 shipped
Old 04-29-2010, 07:22 AM
JSR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ryansiki
Hey guys. Im looking at getting one of these bad boys and am wondering if a 100oz servo would get the job done. No racing I just want the wheels to turn
No, that's too little torque. If you wanta bare minimum, I'd say 140-150in-oz is minimum. That will be enough to turn the wheels while the truggy is moving. It probably won't turn the wheels when it's not moving if on pavement or any grippy terrain. People run at least 200in-oz and most here run 300+.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

El Tigre - Your rides are pretty awesome. Definitely motivated me to run dual batteries to try and have better balance between left and right with the batts in the rear (similar to the Caster design). Also I think that it makes the truggy look a little different from all the other layouts.

I will be running the LRP SPX8 ESC with a Tekin T8 2000 mA Truggy motor. I will be using 2 2s batteries connected in series to provide power.

I am currently running the RC-Monster full conversion but will be replacing the motor mount with the one from EliteRC as soon as they are back in stock. For battery trays, I chose to use the TecnoRC V3 trays.

I should be receiving all my parts this weekend and will continue my build as soon as I return from out of town. Pictures will be posted as soon as I get it finished.

Chirag

It looks like after further review that this mod may not be possible with the RC-Monster.com chassis. Their chassis has the center diff offset to the right a little to account for the single battery pack on the left. They take into left/right weight by doing this. The front chassis brace and the front dogbone (that goes to the center diff) are swapped. That doesnt leave a lot of room between the motor mount and the front brace when the motor mount is flipped to be in the front. I havent received my T8 motor yet but I tested it with a regular 13.5 to see fitment and it was very tight and didnt seem like the pinion would engage with the center diff.

May be going back to the drawing board for this or have to get the original RC8T chassis. I like the idea of being able to either run 4s 5000 (with 2 2s 5000 packs in series) for shorter qualifiers or running 4s 10000 (with 2 4s 4000 packs in parallel) for longer qualifiers/practice with the same chassis layout.

Chirag
Old 04-29-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

It looks like after further review that this mod may not be possible with the RC-Monster.com chassis. Their chassis has the center diff offset to the right a little to account for the single battery pack on the left. They take into left/right weight by doing this. The front chassis brace and the front dogbone (that goes to the center diff) are swapped. That doesnt leave a lot of room between the motor mount and the front brace when the motor mount is flipped to be in the front. I havent received my T8 motor yet but I tested it with a regular 13.5 to see fitment and it was very tight and didnt seem like the pinion would engage with the center diff.

May be going back to the drawing board for this or have to get the original RC8T chassis. I like the idea of being able to either run 4s 5000 (with 2 2s 5000 packs in series) for shorter qualifiers or running 4s 10000 (with 2 4s 4000 packs in parallel) for longer qualifiers/practice with the same chassis layout.

Chirag
Go with the original RC8T chassis. Plenty of real estate to play with. I recommend going with the RC Products motor mount instead of the EliteRC because they sit taller from the chassis allowing you to run a 46T metal spur with out cutting a hole in the chassis. If you go with the EliteRC mount (which is a awesome mount, I use one in my RC8) you will have to cut a hole in the chassis if you front mount the motor because you will have to reverse the center diff turning the spur towards the front where it will scrap the metal. The alternative will be to run a modified Kyosho plastic spur and I don't like plastic spurs.
Old 04-30-2010, 01:43 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by OfnaJoe
Check ebay for some F.T. shocks, got both sets of mine for $80 shipped
that's what would be a good choice.
My lhs gave ne two options:
1. RC8Te with F.T. Big Bores
2. Hong Nor (Jammin) X2 CRT Pro, he keeps the nitro stuff and I'll get the conversion kit.
Both options for a similar price.
I'm totally lost which option to take as I think both of them are good...
Old 04-30-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

el tigre

hey whats the parts list for doing that mod to ur truggy? what tekin motor r u running and gearing for it? and what r the temps u r getting with it? im looking at doing that mod for my truggy. thanks for the info.
Old 04-30-2010, 08:50 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Are the stock A,B,C,D plates on the RC8Te plastic or aluminum?

Thanks.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:42 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

they're aluminum, but the black ones not the blue ones Factory Team ones
Old 04-30-2010, 10:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)
Cool

Here is my RC8Te Jconcepts body and a little art work I did on the bottom of the chassie. All is hand cut out of 2 layers of vinyl..

Old 04-30-2010, 10:22 PM
JSR
Tech Master

Originally Posted by TheCore
they're aluminum, but the black ones not the blue ones Factory Team ones
so what advantage do the FT ones offer? Is the upgrade mostly aesthetic then?

Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.