Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brickshouse
Does running the current limiter increase the esc temp?
Yup! Volts x Amps = Heat. I am sure the current limiter is similar to the MMM "Punch Control." Works great for smoothing everything out . . .
Old 06-29-2010, 02:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Yup! Volts x Amps = Heat. I am sure the current limiter is similar to the MMM "Punch Control." Works great for smoothing everything out . . .
voltsXless amps = less heat does it not?
Old 06-29-2010, 06:55 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Revooooooo
Alright guys...I finally got my ESC and motor setup. I had to plug the ESC lead into the throttle slot on my receiver. I think this is weird, but I am new to electric. If I plug it into the normal batt slot, it just sends my receiver into bind mode. Oh well. It works. But now I am trying to get my mechanical brakes to work. Is anyone using a DX3R system with mechanical brakes and the RX8? If so, can you shed some light on the setup you are running? I can't figure out the channel mixing. Thanks in advance.
im running a dx3r on my d8 with mechanical brakes. go into menu, go to mixing, make the throttle the master and make auxillary the slave. then go into frame rate, this MUST BE SET TO 11ms! then go into travel, adjust auxillary- mine is set at 50% and 0%, this way im not getting too much braking all at once and also, the servo will not move at all when throttle is applied- as long as your throttle trim is set to zero- so be sure to set trim to zero and re calibrate your radio.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:57 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by devilchrist
so I get this email in the morning today.

Your item has come out of service. Because the case was modified the cost for repairs comes to $40 plus S&H. If you would please call me on Monday or email me with your billing information that would be great.

Christel
Customer Service
Tekin, INC
208-634-5559

The modification was me cutting off the fan mount. so that I can either mount my own fan or use it fanless when it's not too hot.

I've been told by president of Tekin that doing such modification would not affect service.. yet I get this email.
I saw the ESC before the weekend and the way in which the fan shroud was cut off is a no-no. The legs for the shroud hold the top board tight in the case, yours could lift up enough that it would quit running and loose signal. If you trim that top piece off, you must leave the vertical legs to hold the heat sink in place.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:59 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by mike881
Not sure if any of you guys read, but last week my 4th RX8 caught on fire. I sent my motor and esc back and they sent me just a motor back, WITH NO RX8!!! They thought I already had the RX8 because they sent it to me and it broke that day, so they didn't realize THAT was the one that broke. Therefore, I received my motor on Saturday and called today asking where the RX8 is, and it wont ship till tomorrow. The lady over the phone tried acting like I was stupid when she said I received it two Saturday's ago and I said yeah thats the one that broke again.
So it was an honest mistake and we will take care of it, she probably didn't realize that the one you just received is now dead. You say you have had 4 of them go up in flames, what batteries are you using?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
So it was an honest mistake and we will take care of it, she probably didn't realize that the one you just received is now dead. You say you have had 4 of them go up in flames, what batteries are you using?
Sorry if I said something wrong, but no not all 4 went up in flames so don't worry about that! My last one went up in flames, that's the only one. I was using Turnigy previously and the I used Racers Edge when the previous one caught on fire. Randy already helped me out, it was a shorted motor not the RX8's fault.

Anyways, I got my email conformation saying it shipped. Cannot wait to take it out soon! Very excited since now we know the motor is what caused my RX8's to fail. I have confidence this one's gonna work
Old 06-29-2010, 10:59 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Loving The RX8 & T8

I just wanted to give the Tekin boys and girls a big THANKS

I have been having a great time with my RX8 and T8. Many reliable hours on the system now, and my lousy driving skills means the poor thing gets the crap beaten out of it on a regular basis. All of my friends love driving my Tekin powered 8ight, and I can't blame them. This has become the most dependable car I have ever owned.

Thanks Team Tekin!

Jeff
Old 06-29-2010, 12:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Spironi
I just wanted to give the Tekin boys and girls a big THANKS

I have been having a great time with my RX8 and T8. Many reliable hours on the system now, and my lousy driving skills means the poor thing gets the crap beaten out of it on a regular basis. All of my friends love driving my Tekin powered 8ight, and I can't blame them. This has become the most dependable car I have ever owned.

Thanks Team Tekin!

Jeff
+1... I love my RX8/2050 combo..... It's Butta!
Old 06-29-2010, 03:47 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by XXXDad
+1... I love my RX8/2050 combo..... It's Butta!
+2.. until my rotor failed

I phoned tekin and the woman I had at the phone was VERY patient to understand what I was saying (I'm french and my english accent is horrible). I wish I managed to be understood so that my girlfriend will run her 2050kv again, tekin customer support seems to be excellent
Old 06-30-2010, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by *RC222*
im running a dx3r on my d8 with mechanical brakes. go into menu, go to mixing, make the throttle the master and make auxillary the slave. then go into frame rate, this MUST BE SET TO 11ms! then go into travel, adjust auxillary- mine is set at 50% and 0%, this way im not getting too much braking all at once and also, the servo will not move at all when throttle is applied- as long as your throttle trim is set to zero- so be sure to set trim to zero and re calibrate your radio.
Holy $h!t man. Thank you soooooo much. I basically had it set up right. I just didn't have it set to 11ms. That made the big difference. Now everthing works great. Thanks again man. I really appreciate it.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi all,
Using a 17T pinion on Hyper9e with T8 Truggy 2000kv and lipo 4s 5000mah, is it overgeared ?
The spur is 40T.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

a litte off topic, but how do you pronounce Tekin? Is it "Tea-kin" or "tECK-in"
Old 06-30-2010, 10:09 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by mike881
a litte off topic, but how do you pronounce Tekin? Is it "Tea-kin" or "tECK-in"
It's Tea-kin.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:15 AM
Dob
Tech Addict

Randy or Ty -

Just got my Rx8 back (In time to run it tonight!). Its the updated case so I am looking foward to months of reliable use! One thing I noticed about this Esc is that it seems the sensor and fan plug seem to be more recesed (the white nylon ports are below the black case) then what I thought they were. Is that my imagination or is it normal?
Old 06-30-2010, 10:23 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Normal, the new case is thicker and has changed the tolerance just a bit.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.