Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 09:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TiReZ
I wonder if Tekin would give any information on the hotwire interface for programmers willing to port it to other platforms? I am interested in making a port for MacOS and Linux, as well as for the Apple iPad/iPhone, if it can be done. Any Tekin guys interested in getting me some information to do this? Realbasic can be used for the Mac and Linux ports, since it can compile for both platforms. The iPad/iPhone sdk could be used for those two ports.

Mark
That would be really nice since I'm on all apple platforms myself. I have to borrow the office laptop to do any programming of the ESC's myself. It would be really great to be able to do it with my iphone.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, I would think that having a very portable device like that would be nice at the track too. With an iPad or iPhone you could keep your product manuals on the device too, and be able to look up stuff as well as tweak your esc with one small device.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by whipnet
That does bite! I soaked my RX8 pretty well and had the errors and cogging, so I shut it down. Went to work on it and the case had water running out of it. (YIKES!!)

I took it apart and blew it out real well with compressed air. I let it dry over night. I checked for rust on the board the next day, but found none.

The ESC has worked like a champ since, never missed a beat.

I guess I shouldn't have tried to get it running yesterday, I thought I had it dried right out. Didn't want to open it incase that voided the warranty. But mine definately wasn't as wet as yours, I guess I'm just that lucky!

My LHS will sell me the Mamba Monster for less then the cost to ship the RX8 back.
Old 02-22-2010, 10:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Calgarian
I guess I shouldn't have tried to get it running yesterday, I thought I had it dried right out. Didn't want to open it incase that voided the warranty. But mine definately wasn't as wet as yours, I guess I'm just that lucky!

My LHS will sell me the Mamba Monster for less then the cost to ship the RX8 back.
Have you run un-sensored brushless? It might work for bashing, but it can be frustrating on the track. Punch control set and all.

Old 02-22-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by whipnet
Have you run un-sensored brushless? It might work for bashing, but it can be frustrating on the track. Punch control set and all.

No, this is my first shot at brushless from nitro. We have a track but its pretty fast, not too technical. Was running my friends brushless edition revo yesterday and it was amazing. Didn't really notice a huge difference other than mine is way faster, but the track is still under snow so we weren't using it. Just playing around in the parking lot and inside the shop.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

I'm building a Mugen 6T & was wondering where to start on the pinion gear?
Direct drive, 2000 motor/RX8 combo.
thanks

Last edited by rpm1968; 02-22-2010 at 12:46 PM.
Old 02-22-2010, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Calgarian
Yeah, I am pretty dissapointed, especially considering my buddy got the Mamba in his E-revo way wetter, actually packing it with snow and it was and still is fine.

But since I did get it wet, warranty is out the window and replacement cost is $94 plus shipping both ways from Canada and exchange puts me right around the cost for a Mamba Monster.

Plus the Mamba may work properly with my radio solving the servo reversing issue I have. If I would have gotten more than five minutes of easy running out of it I guess the decision would be harder but I'm really leaning towards the Mamaba now.

Nothing against Tekin, I take full responsibility for ruining it.

Try putting the speedo in a ziplock back of rice (uncooked) over night and see what happends? I've dried out a few cell phones this way. It works wonders.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:52 PM
Tech Initiate

Good idea! I think I already wrecked it by trying to get it going yesterday while it was possibly still wet. Tried it again at lunch today after having it sit under a furnace at work (100F ambient temp) since 7am and still nothing.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

With Randy on the road I wonder if any of you can answer this. My tekin system is almost new. Two race days and it quit. I bought it NIB from someone here on RCtech so I have no original receipt. The website kinda states over and over again for the repair to be warranty you must have the original receipt. Are they going to stick to that and make me pay? or will they cover this? The thing is practically brand new and to only get a couple of races out of it is not making me happy. Nothing happened to it either. It ran my three qualifiers perfectly, good temps and then when I turned it on for the main, I had servo and transponder but no motor, lights or tone.
Old 02-22-2010, 01:48 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by chiro972
With Randy on the road I wonder if any of you can answer this. My tekin system is almost new. Two race days and it quit. I bought it NIB from someone here on RCtech so I have no original receipt. The website kinda states over and over again for the repair to be warranty you must have the original receipt. Are they going to stick to that and make me pay? or will they cover this? The thing is practically brand new and to only get a couple of races out of it is not making me happy. Nothing happened to it either. It ran my three qualifiers perfectly, good temps and then when I turned it on for the main, I had servo and transponder but no motor, lights or tone.
Call and/or email Tekin Service department and tell them your story, they will make things right with ya.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by john stu
do yourself a favor buy a mamba monster im so pissed at tekin right now its not even funny ive had mine 5 months and its been sent in for repair 5 times they even replaced it with a brand new red heatsink one at my request but guess what..... it crapped out just like the rest of those "lemon rx8's" and its in the mail right now back to tekin "again" .........I WISH I NEVER BOUGHT THIS TEKIN SYSTEM IT SUCKS and when i say sucks i mean it "sucks" because its always in the mail getting fixed and i have never used it for bashing or used it outside or misused it in any way the only thing its used for is racing at my local track and each time its sent it for repair tekin admits its a problem with the esc not anything i did.i can only race in the winter do to my job and the winter is almost over and i did hardy any racing because for 3/4 of my racing season my rx8 was in transit back and forth from tekin :flam ing:: flaming::flami ng::f laming::flamin g::fl aming::flaming ::fla ming: :flam ing:: flaming::flami ng:
It may help to learn how to use periods and commas to form sentences.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

yes, annother change in subject, i know, but:

what does it mean when the RX8 is on and working fine when i first turn it on, but under heavy pulls it dies out (bogs down and wont accelerate hard) and under impact (jump) it shuts down and restarts itself, taking 4 or 5 seconds to re-bind to the RX system

love this ESC and have not had an issue till now, i just want to know if i set i wrong, i killed it, or it killed it . . . . . .it started happening soon after i updated to the 203 software

thanks!
Old 02-22-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Is anybody using the current limiter setting on the RX8? What do you have it set at?

Just wondering if this is a good option to tone down the power on smaller indoor tracks. I turned down the throttle EPA and its drivable, but want to soften up the punch a bit.

Thanks
Old 02-22-2010, 02:14 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by straycat40
Is anybody using the current limiter setting on the RX8? What do you have it set at?

Just wondering if this is a good option to tone down the power on smaller indoor tracks. I turned down the throttle EPA and its drivable, but want to soften up the punch a bit.

Thanks

I have the limiter set to off. I've ran it that way since day #1.
Old 02-22-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

whats the typical turnaround time for a tekin warranty service?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.