Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I had my first race this weekend with my new setup. All I can say is WOW, it ran perfect(except for me driving it). It was nice not flaming out during a qual or the main.

All I can say is THANKS Tekin great product, with great results.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I take it the new red heat sink version is a running change and no modification to the part number? Any known resellers that have the new version? I don't want to buy the older one and am tired of waiting for the LRP stuff. I'd like to get the updated RX8/1900kv combo but will buy separate if the combos aren't updated yet.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2009, 01:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Just wanted to say "Thanks Tekin Support" for the FAST turn around on my RX8, they replaced the PCB board.

Also thanks for the candy
Old 11-09-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)

Originally Posted by nougat

The Tekin system has the same problems over and over... bad rotor... bad board... bad rotor... bad board. It's really getting expensive, time consuming and EXTREMELY frustrating.

I will say that Tekin's service is incredible. Ty has helped my time and time again without any hassles. I just wish the product was better.
x2
Old 11-09-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The RC Pro International Finals were this weekend and three of the top five were running Tekin. There were more in the triple A mains but I don't know the others. The 3 in the top five were running the black heatsink version. I have a red heatsink as a spare which is now going into a test buggy.

The track was extremely brutal and a very long straight. I learned so much it is unbelievable. Billy's Xcelrion system had good torque but I would have to lift 3/4 the way down the straight in order not to run over him. Brent's LRP had the top end but didn't have the rip to clear the tough jumps without having to pre-setup for them.

1 David Joor (Tekin w/Avid Ceramic Test Bearings)
2 Billy Fischer
3 Brent Thielke
4 Chris Allison (Tekin)
5 Ron Atomic (Tekin)
Old 11-09-2009, 03:50 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by David Joor
The RC Pro International Finals were this weekend and three of the top five were running Tekin. There were more in the triple A mains but I don't know the others. The 3 in the top five were running the black heatsink version. I have a red heatsink as a spare which is now going into a test buggy.

The track was extremely brutal and a very long straight. I learned so much it is unbelievable. Billy's Xcelrion system had good torque but I would have to lift 3/4 the way down the straight in order not to run over him. Brent's LRP had the top end but didn't have the rip to clear the tough jumps without having to pre-setup for them.

1 David Joor (Tekin w/Avid Ceramic Test Bearings)
2 Billy Fischer
3 Brent Thielke
4 Chris Allison (Tekin)
5 Ron Atomic (Tekin)

Awesome job David! You were the most consistent driver all weekend for sure!
Old 11-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

What gearing are you guys using on a losi with a 1900kv on 4s. medium track size?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:46 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Congratulations David! That's a line up of "who's who" in R/C from past and present!

Losi 2.0 with 1900 is 45/16
Old 11-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
well randy, my red heatsink RX8 went bad on me again. It's getting so bad, it makes me look like Im doing something wrong. I connect A to A, B to B, C to C, +/- for the battery, program it, and drive the hell out of it. Then it did the stop and go on me. This time, i did have steering, but no power to the motor. So, is it the motor or the ESC? I would think the ESC. If it's the motor, wouldn't it just will not work.
Hello Team Tekin,

I went to try to take a look to see if i can 100% confirm if it's the ESC or not. After looking at everything, i notice that one of the plugs of the sensor that's attached to the motor was broken off. Can this possible create this on/off of the motor behavior as I was describing. I am not thinking it will. With one wire not connected, I would think the system will act as if there is no sensored wire. Please confirm...
Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Team Tekin

Yes it could. If you get a bad or inconsistent connection on the sensor plug it can creat a few different conditions. Fastest thing to do, pull the plug out of the speedo and run the car. If it works the whole time you've found it.
Old 11-09-2009, 07:14 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
Yes it could. If you get a bad or inconsistent connection on the sensor plug it can creat a few different conditions. Fastest thing to do, pull the plug out of the speedo and run the car. If it works the whole time you've found it.
The one wire was COMPLETELY disconnect. What that matter? It's not doing the stop and go thing now...
Old 11-09-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Randy_Pike
the thing is, i don't want to waste a whole nother race day and it still being the ESC. Is there any for sure way to figure this out?
Old 11-09-2009, 07:34 PM
Team Tekin

You're going to need to run the car for a bit to make sure that's what it was. I've had a sensor harness short on me and it caused me to quite a bit of agrivation trust me. Pull the sensor harness out of the speedo completely. Run the car this way as it will prove the sytem works. The sensors and circuitry is pretty sensitive believe it or now. Causing an intermitent connection there is most likely causing some super erratic operation.

Run it around and jump a few curbs with it out front, I do ! LOL
Old 11-09-2009, 08:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default before I throw my $$ into 1:8 off road...

An EP(yes, got to be "Electric"... ) guy's beginner question: What battery is most common here, so that its speed will be compatible with the Nitro siblings.

14.4V on 4S? or 22.2V on 6S??

By using 5000mAH batetries, whats the run time I get?! 20minutes? 30?

If I'd posted my question on a wrong thread, feel free to remove this, or kindly redirect me to the correct thread.

Cheers!!
Old 11-09-2009, 08:12 PM
Suspended

can anyone with a losi post or send me their tekin setup and the gearing for a 2050?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.