Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2009, 12:48 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

You can turn down your reverse strenght either with your howtwire or the Epa's on your radio. Of course this does limit the overall speed of reverse.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Hey Randy, thanks for coming through with the new board.

Got it running just fine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZgqJjF6__tU
Old 10-30-2009, 01:26 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by losifiend

Got it running just fine
That is rad! I was doing that same thing with my 8B 2.0 a couple weeks ago!
Old 10-30-2009, 01:27 PM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by mulepic
So obviously the fwd/brk/non-delay reverse is the drivetrain-shredding feature On a serious note, is there a way to use the non-delay reverse without flipping the car over?

Thanks for the quick replies everyone.
The delay will save your gears, trust me. 1-2 seconds can seem like a long time, but if you just brake to a stop, wait with the trigger in neutral for just a sec, then it will engage.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:38 PM
Tech Elite

Funny, I forgot how long I wated for the board and the bit of agrivation involved with it when I got it running again. I love this system. Its sooooo smooth!!

Originally Posted by TY@TEAMTEKIN
That is rad! I was doing that same thing with my 8B 2.0 a couple weeks ago!
Thanks Ty. I usually dont bash the 8 but i had to give the new board a test run. I busted out the E-LST2 to make a video and broke the rear RPM camber link on the first jump.... I kincked my self in the @ss for not getting it on video
Old 10-30-2009, 02:34 PM
Tech Initiate

TY and Randy
like I all ready written on this here before i have problems with a brand new never ran rx8 2050 combo.

when i switch on the esc the 1,2,6,7 leds start to flesh even when i tried to switch all the 4 brush-less mode nothing matter the system just not working .
i switch the t8 motor that came in the combo to a 1/10 Orion vortex sensor motor and then every thing just work great,
i switched again to the t8 motor and the problem start again .

i have sent 3 mails to TY but i got no answer after the first one that TY written me that may be the wires are not soldered properly.{this is not the case here}
I am waiting more then 10 days just for answer from you! this is way too long !
i hope to figure out this problem soon with you because for now it seems that this was my first and last TEKIN product
i hope you know that even the best product on the market worth nothing with out service!

regards
Tom
[email protected]
Old 10-30-2009, 07:03 PM
Tech Elite

speedsecret, have you tried calling them on the phone?
Old 10-30-2009, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

SOLDERING!!!

now to business...

Got it running just fine
Looks good! Flat landing from fairly high several times, though the grass does cushion a bit, seems the system is doing good for you.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by marine6680
SOLDERING!!!

now to business...

Looks good! Flat landing from fairly high several times, though the grass does cushion a bit, seems the system is doing good for you.
It's mounted on 1/2" of medium density packaging material and velcro. It better last!!

Old 10-30-2009, 10:50 PM
Team Tekin

Try running that zip tie between the heatsink fins rather than over the top of the case and fan. This will be more secure and will not force the fan to touch the heatsink. It will also look prettier! LOL
Old 10-31-2009, 01:00 AM
Tech Initiate

speedsecret, have you tried calling them on the phone?
I tried once but there where no answer maybe it was out of the service hours - Im calling from Israel so there is delay of 8-12 hours on the day time.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:42 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It's mounted on 1/2" of medium density packaging material and velcro. It better last!!

100mm sensor wire will clean up the loop...it sits perfectly and will touch the rear chassis brace before touching the CVD.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Team Tekin

Originally Posted by speedsecret
TY and Randy
like I all ready written on this here before i have problems with a brand new never ran rx8 2050 combo.

when i switch on the esc the 1,2,6,7 leds start to flesh even when i tried to switch all the 4 brush-less mode nothing matter the system just not working .
i switch the t8 motor that came in the combo to a 1/10 Orion vortex sensor motor and then every thing just work great,
i switched again to the t8 motor and the problem start again .

i have sent 3 mails to TY but i got no answer after the first one that TY written me that may be the wires are not soldered properly.{this is not the case here}
I am waiting more then 10 days just for answer from you! this is way too long !
i hope to figure out this problem soon with you because for now it seems that this was my first and last TEKIN product
i hope you know that even the best product on the market worth nothing with out service!

regards
Tom
[email protected]
Have you been able to hook it up to a known good brushless motor? There are a few things we can try. Email me here I'll keep an eye on my emails this weekend: [email protected]
Old 10-31-2009, 03:09 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Has anybody had one of their solder posts come off??? Mine did this today and as expected the speedo went up in flames

Looks like im calling Tekin first thing Monday morning
Old 10-31-2009, 03:19 PM
Tech Rookie

Hi I'm planning to purchase a new RX8 combo soon but was wondering what a good setup would be for a Revo using the TeknoRC kit.

I'm kind of new to this brushless stuff outside of heli's. I used to have a lot of nitro stuff but got tired of all the cleaning, tuning, cost of fuel and having to go get more when ever i ran out (witch was often) so i decided to do a Revo conversion and build it how i want it.

I will be using a clutch for now (I want to see if i like it on the brushless) and it still has the 2-speed with forward only conversion I maybe installing the center differential and rear brake kit as well.

I was wondering if anyone could give me a good starting point as to what clutch bell/spur gear and what 2-speed narrow, standard, or wide gear set to use.

Also what battery 4s 5s or 6s would be best looking for speeds around 45+ish mph and what c rating range I'm I looking for out of a battery.
I'm looking at Hyperion and Turnigy packs right now.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.