Search
Like Tree3Likes

Tekin RX8 1/8 Scale Brushless ESC Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 06:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)
Default Frustrated

OK I decide to go electric since I cant find any nitro guys to race against and I decide to go top of the line gear. A brand new rx8 goes boom, i send it in and it is covered under warranty and they will send me a new one on or around july 9th when they get some in stock. So I buy a new rx8 so I can race and I'm running it with a 2250 kv T8...brand new motor. Everything is running nice and cool on a 14 tooth pinion then a land a jump and the car stops cold. The steering still works. It sits for about 10 sec and then I hear series of beeps and off it goes again for a couple of laps then it does it again. I am running a Hitec 7950, Spektrim rx and the servo is mounted on 3m double side foam tape. Some guys thought it was a switch problem so I think I just voided my warranty buy cutting it and joining the wires but it still shut off. Any ideas.
Old 07-02-2012, 06:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does anybody know what is going on with the www.teamtekin.com website? I haven't been able to get to it for almost 24 hours.

Thanks.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 159 (99%+)

Originally Posted by crazysavage
OK I decide to go electric since I cant find any nitro guys to race against and I decide to go top of the line gear. A brand new rx8 goes boom, i send it in and it is covered under warranty and they will send me a new one on or around july 9th when they get some in stock. So I buy a new rx8 so I can race and I'm running it with a 2250 kv T8...brand new motor. Everything is running nice and cool on a 14 tooth pinion then a land a jump and the car stops cold. The steering still works. It sits for about 10 sec and then I hear series of beeps and off it goes again for a couple of laps then it does it again. I am running a Hitec 7950, Spektrim rx and the servo is mounted on 3m double side foam tape. Some guys thought it was a switch problem so I think I just voided my warranty buy cutting it and joining the wires but it still shut off. Any ideas.
Cutting off the switch and hard wiring them together doesn't void the warranty, so don't worry about that.

As far as your issue, do you have a capacitor plugged into the receiver?

Originally Posted by Bortzilla
Does anybody know what is going on with the www.teamtekin.com website? I haven't been able to get to it for almost 24 hours.

Thanks.
A ton of servers recently crashed when a leap second was added to the worlds atomic clocks and programs saw the same second twice. I'm not sure this is the case with tekin, but netflix, amazon, and a ton of other prominent sites were down for up to an hour.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:10 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Krio
Cutting off the switch and hard wiring them together doesn't void the warranty, so don't worry about that.

As far as your issue, do you have a capacitor plugged into the receiver?

A ton of servers recently crashed when a leap second was added to the worlds atomic clocks and programs saw the same second twice. I'm not sure this is the case with tekin, but netflix, amazon, and a ton of other prominent sites were down for up to an hour.
Thanks for responding and yes I do have a capacitor plugged in to the rx. I'm baffled
Old 07-02-2012, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by crazysavage
Thanks for responding and yes I do have a capacitor plugged in to the rx. I'm baffled
Is it safe to say you came from nitro and have a receiver pack laying around? It is either the receiver or bec most likely, so if you can fit a receiver pack in the car somewhere we can narrow it down. Take an extension (like this one) and cut the red wire in the middle somewhere so that only the black and white wires connect the RX8 to the receiver. With the receiver pack plugged in, the bec in the rx8 will power itself while the receiver, servo, and transponder will be powered by the receiver pack. Go run the car again and see if the issue continues. If a different issue pops up, let us know here and we should be able to narrow down the cause.
Old 07-02-2012, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Krio
Is it safe to say you came from nitro and have a receiver pack laying around? It is either the receiver or bec most likely, so if you can fit a receiver pack in the car somewhere we can narrow it down. Take an extension (like this one) and cut the red wire in the middle somewhere so that only the black and white wires connect the RX8 to the receiver. With the receiver pack plugged in, the bec in the rx8 will power itself while the receiver, servo, and transponder will be powered by the receiver pack. Go run the car again and see if the issue continues. If a different issue pops up, let us know here and we should be able to narrow down the cause.
Thank you, I was thinking of going to an external bec. The servo I run is a beast and the shut off was happening after landing with the wheels turned or slightly sideways. I would say that with the holding power on this servo it was drawing a nasty voltage spike. You have been very helpful, thanks again.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What servo... just out of curiosity?
Old 07-02-2012, 08:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

anyone got a good starting setup for the RX8, in the Xray Ebuggy. i converted the XB9. also, T8 1900 motor. i know my ESC hasnt been updated to the newest software yet. i am going to do that tonight i know. the tekin website it down and i cant get any setups.

thanks
Old 07-02-2012, 08:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bortzilla

Thanks.
looks like their name servers, webservers, and mail servers are down. although i cant be sure about the web and mail servers since their name servers are down im having to look at cached dns data.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:25 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by dgrobe2112
anyone got a good starting setup for the RX8, in the Xray Ebuggy. i converted the XB9. also, T8 1900 motor. i know my ESC hasnt been updated to the newest software yet. i am going to do that tonight i know. the tekin website it down and i cant get any setups.

thanks
Once you update it to the latest software here's a nice base setup. Most things on the rx8 come down to personal preference though.

Default timing and start/end rpm.
60 brake strength
no drag brake
no push
15 for neutral width
80 on the current limiter

And if the diffs are 3.38:1 like I think they are, 46/15 for gearing.
Old 07-02-2012, 08:32 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys yes we're aware the site is down. I'm hearing some grumblings about the cause but nothing solid.

Please be patient, we're working as fast as we can. Seems like quite a few sites went down over the weekend not just ours.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:04 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DaveW
What servo... just out of curiosity?
I am running a hitec 7950 high voltage.
Old 07-02-2012, 09:42 AM
Tech Rookie

hello,

My RX8 doesn't work no light ... , I check it and the fuse (near the interruptor) is broken, have you got the datasheet of this component?

Thank you in advance
Old 07-02-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by nigoune51
hello,

My RX8 doesn't work no light ... , I check it and the fuse (near the interruptor) is broken, have you got the datasheet of this component?

Thank you in advance
Fuse?

If something is blatantly blown you should send it in.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:17 AM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

@nigoune51 There is no "fuse" in any of the current esc's from Tekin.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.