Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 1/8 8ight E 4wd Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2012, 01:31 PM

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
Good deal--glad to hear you like! Aside from keeping the plastic spur were your laps times faster or were you faster than some of your budies?
I was on a smaller track, another local track. Tell u lap time this Saturday,we race at my home track.
Old 04-22-2012, 01:43 PM
Tech Rookie

some nice 8ight's here, I just got mine as a roller and in a working state but needs work. Some good info in this thread xD.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:45 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 8 (83%+)

How is it you guys are stripping out spur gears? I have run my losi 2 years and have never stripped one.... I race almost every weekend on all different types of tracks. It seems like the mesh is wrong or something. There are several people who run Losi in my area and none of them have had problems with the spurs. I also wonder if some guys got a bad batch of spurs from Losi, maybe they are to soft??
Old 04-22-2012, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by TheBoot
How is it you guys are stripping out spur gears? I have run my losi 2 years and have never stripped one.... I race almost every weekend on all different types of tracks. It seems like the mesh is wrong or something. There are several people who run Losi in my area and none of them have had problems with the spurs. I also wonder if some guys got a bad batch of spurs from Losi, maybe they are to soft??
I wish they was a little thicker???? I never seen a stripped associated spur, I am happy that I didn't strip the 44 plastic spur this weekend, I had to lower the tekin speedcontrol to 60 on the current limiter, the car felt better!!!!!
Old 04-22-2012, 05:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOSIRACER77
I wish they was a little thicker???? I never seen a stripped associated spur, I am happy that I didn't strip the 44 plastic spur this weekend, I had to lower the tekin speedcontrol to 60 on the current limiter, the car felt better!!!!!
hi, im new to rx8 system and want to know how to lower current limiter and to determine the percentage, im doing some research but cant find answers yet, thanks..
Old 04-22-2012, 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by rigelkent09
hi, im new to rx8 system and want to know how to lower current limiter and to determine the percentage, im doing some research but cant find answers yet, thanks..
Do u have a tekin hot wire?? Or the instructions? ??? U should be able to lower the current limiter is to 60. It still has the top speed. The instructions should be tell u how to count the red lights as u adjust ur speedcontrol
Old 04-22-2012, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default caster block

Hey guys doing some ordering can't seem to find 10degree casters but i am able to find 12 degree... are they needed in aluminum? if so which do should i grab? Is there anything else needed if i grab them?

Thanks
Old 04-23-2012, 12:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BlackStarRacing
Hey guys doing some ordering can't seem to find 10degree casters but i am able to find 12 degree... are they needed in aluminum? if so which do should i grab? Is there anything else needed if i grab them?

Thanks
The information on these have always been a little vague. I will try my best:

The inclined spindles and inclined carriers only come in aluminum. The 12* I have seen sold in a set with all 4 pieces. The 10* I have only seen the carriers sold separately. The "inclined" spindles and carriers do need to be matched. However, I am not sure if they make both a 10 & 12* spindle or just an "inclined" version, if that makes sense.

Stated another way, I have never been sure if you use the same inclined spindles for both versions of the inclined carriers. Try filtering through TLRacing.com as I believe uyou can best figure it out with this website.

LOSA1729
LOSA1734
Old 04-23-2012, 12:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im having a problem get on power steering? I'm running a flo chassis, 3,5,2 diffs, stiffer rear sway bar, front camber link in top hole. I have awesome off power steering. Any suggestions?
Old 04-23-2012, 12:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dangerwr
The information on these have always been a little vague. I will try my best:

The inclined spindles and inclined carriers only come in aluminum. The 12* I have seen sold in a set with all 4 pieces. The 10* I have only seen the carriers sold separately. The "inclined" spindles and carriers do need to be matched. However, I am not sure if they make both a 10 & 12* spindle or just an "inclined" version, if that makes sense.

Stated another way, I have never been sure if you use the same inclined spindles for both versions of the inclined carriers. Try filtering through TLRacing.com as I believe uyou can best figure it out with this website.

LOSA1729
LOSA1734
Thanks for the info..... How do they if any improve the driving?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nsaneo
Im having a problem get on power steering? I'm running a flo chassis, 3,5,2 diffs, stiffer rear sway bar, front camber link in top hole. I have awesome off power steering. Any suggestions?
Depending on the surface you are racing on, I recommend starting with Drakes setup on the TLR website and adjust from there to suit your driving style. http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...andard2011.pdf
Old 04-23-2012, 02:02 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangerjkb
Depending on the surface you are racing on, I recommend starting with Drakes setup on the TLR website and adjust from there to suit your driving style. http://www.tlracing.com/ProdInfo/Fil...andard2011.pdf
I did use that setup still can't get on power steering.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:47 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nsaneo
Increase front diff oil from 3 to 5. Less front droop. No front sway bar. Try in this order.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I do not know how they differ in handling between the 10 & 12*. Most all the Losi guys run the 10* in our area. I will say the 10* are a marked improvement over stock. The steering throughout turns is much better over stock. I really have noticed the buggy carries well and remains very stable at speeds--this is what I noticed and know they are pricey but personally feel they are worth the investment.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:51 PM
SEF
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

If you need more steering and more consistent steering, the inclined spindles work great.

10deg for more steering entry.

12deg for more mid and exit steering.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.