Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Car make the driver or driver make the car? >

Car make the driver or driver make the car?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Car make the driver or driver make the car?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by macr0w
I am a perfect example for showing how having a nice vehicle doesn't mean you are going to run good.

My buggy is hooked up, it handles great, it takes jumps with ease, it's fast as all get out.

But I'll finish last most of the time because I can't drive worth a crap.
Ditto for me. I've never felt compelled to change the anti-squat and adjust ball studs on my car because I'm struggling to figure out whether the car is not handling right or the driver (me) is not responding to it correctly...

Oh well, it's all about fun for most of us. Maybe it's a job for some of us, but I hope most of us are having fun...
Old 08-25-2008, 07:56 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Funny thing is it is alot driver and you need a car that is at least capable of going fast. Pretty much any of the mainstream cars will do that.

I always think it might be my car since I run the Academy GV2. Funny thing is I let are fastest guy at are track run my car and within 4 practice laps he was only a tenth or two off what he runs with his car. I figure with a little setup work the guy would be as fast as he is with his B4. So now I know it is me and not really the car. It is just nice to know my car is capable of going faster even if I'm not at this time.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

It's all about the wheelbase.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Like long a wheelbase on the b4
Old 08-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Suspended

Talking AE.......................IS THE KILLER OF ALL!

10% Car :SHOCKS,DIFF,TIRES SET-UP HELPS TOO!

90% Driver: THROTTLE CONTROL,THROTTLE CONTROL,PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!
Old 08-25-2008, 08:54 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
Its all about letting someone better drive my damn car for me.
Old 08-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wyd
Its all about letting someone better drive my damn car for me.
It's partly the car, I had the long wheelbase setting on my b4 since the roar race at pitstop and that change ruined my car, made it soo loose. I changed it back on sunday after somebody poitned it out and boy what difference. Your car can own you if it's not right.
Old 08-25-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

This is definitely a "chicken and the egg" argument, but think about it this way.

As I am a bigger fan of smooth driving, a good driver with a dialed car will grow exponentially while a bad driver with a dialed car will only see slight improvements if any. A good driver with a terrible car will still do solid. A terrible car with a bad driver will be terrible.

It largely depends on how much time you spend at the track putting in the wrenching/driving time.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by CE28N
This is definitely a "chicken and the egg" argument, but think about it this way.

As I am a bigger fan of smooth driving, a good driver with a dialed car will grow exponentially while a bad driver with a dialed car will only see slight improvements if any. A good driver with a terrible car will still do solid. A terrible car with a bad driver will be terrible.

It largely depends on how much time you spend at the track putting in the wrenching/driving time.
You know chicken?
Old 08-25-2008, 12:28 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default More than car and driver !!

It takes more than a good car and a good driver to make a good result. Getting the correct set up for the car and driver is definitely the third leg that balances the stool. If any one of the three is not correct the result suffers. A good set up is not just copied from a pro driver on the internet, but is peculiar to the type of car and the drivers style.

As always a little luck helps too.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

Its the driver to me because theres a guy at my track and he is like our best driver there barley any one is competition for him but he had a Team Magic E4 and he wasn't doing good with it like i am talking last in the a main mostly because the car is junk. but then he took a T1 that was never raced and he was placing in the top three agianst T2 '008's and JRX-S type R's.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by beta bob
Its the driver to me because theres a guy at my track and he is like our best driver there barley any one is competition for him but he had a Team Magic E4 and he wasn't doing good with it like i am talking last in the a main mostly because the car is junk. but then he took a T1 that was never raced and he was placing in the top three agianst T2 '008's and JRX-S type R's.
is that on road ?

on road is pretty equipment intensive.

you can't fake it in the dirt.
Old 08-25-2008, 12:58 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so what u guys r saying is a good care doesnt matter as far as the learning curve??
Old 08-25-2008, 03:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The driver's talent will always outweight the car's performance when it comes to getting track results but the car plays a bigger part than some think. IMO the car plays bigger role in getting results at the higher level of racing since the talent gets really close especially at the highest level.....
Old 08-25-2008, 03:57 PM
Tech Regular

I believe in most types of professional racing, the driver does not work on the car.

RC is obviously different in that regard.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.