Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno Conversions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teknorc
Sean, are you going to be at JBRL? The opener is two days and we're running buggy and truggy. Get Joel and the others and get out there! It's on your home turf, Thunder Alley
yes we will be there.If that tekno kit is out for the mp9s there will be even more tekno conversions out there.I myself am content with my losi.Im currently building a truggy out of all my extra crap laying around so i will be ordering a kit for that soon.
I like the new losi chassis with no motor plates.Less stuff to come loose and you know i need all the help i can get.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Oh wow, you can race 1/8-E in the JBRL Electric and Nitro Series? That's awesome. Err, only if I didn't have family obligations this weekend .
Old 04-06-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

You might want to check with JB, the last i heard from him on wed last weak was they where going to only have "1" 1/8 scale elec class. was NOT going to run elec buggy and elec truggy so I made different plans.

David
Old 04-06-2010, 10:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You could get a programmer to reverse rotation. But like unsp0ken said, you may not need either. Some cars can push OR pull the brakes. Mugen, Jammin, Associated (if you file the stops on the diff plate) can all push or pull, so you don't need anything except a simple Y harness. Just make sure you aren't engaging the brakes on throttle and you should be good to go. Losi, HB, and Kyosho only work one way and may require a reversing Y harness.
Dang...I already ordered a reverse harness...It's gonna be used on a RC8T.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by drt_racer5
You might want to check with JB, the last i heard from him on wed last weak was they where going to only have "1" 1/8 scale elec class. was NOT going to run elec buggy and elec truggy so I made different plans.

David
I spoke with him (Jimmy) today and he mentioned that. However, if we have enough for a separate class he said he'll run it. He mentioned they won't be keeping track of points or payouts unless there is continued interest and attendance. I applaud him for considering it and doing his best to accommodate such a small (but growing) segment of the hobby.

Last year we started with 7 e-truggies and ended with 2 or 3. Hopefully there are enough out there now that we can support a separate truggy class and keep it going throughout the series.

Another note from our discussion, if you ONLY have a 1/8th e-truggy and you know you'll be participating in the whole series, you should run in the above mentioned 1/8th OPEN class. He made the 1/8th e-class open so that people with truggies only weren't left out. Again, if there's enough, he'll separate them.

I don't want to complicate things for Jimmy or his series, so we're going to see what this weekend looks like and go from there. If we end up not running truggies, that's fine too. We just want to run them to show people how much fun they are and how competitive they can be.
Old 04-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

We didnt want to confuse any one either. but making sportman level guys have to run with the pros doesnt work either. we wont drive 7 hrs for that kind of ass woopin. If he woulda let us run in sportsman class there woulda been 4 more buggies and 2 truggies. So we will just go to the AE elec race at the end or April.
Old 04-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

I spoke with him (Jimmy) today and he mentioned that. However, if we have enough for a separate class he said he'll run it. He mentioned they won't be keeping track of points or payouts unless there is continued interest and attendance. I applaud him for considering it and doing his best to accommodate such a small (but growing) segment of the hobby.

Last year we started with 7 e-truggies and ended with 2 or 3. Hopefully there are enough out there now that we can support a separate truggy class and keep it going throughout the series.

Another note from our discussion, if you ONLY have a 1/8th e-truggy and you know you'll be participating in the whole series, you should run in the above mentioned 1/8th OPEN class. He made the 1/8th e-class open so that people with truggies only weren't left out. Again, if there's enough, he'll separate them.

I don't want to complicate things for Jimmy or his series, so we're going to see what this weekend looks like and go from there. If we end up not running truggies, that's fine too. We just want to run them to show people how much fun they are and how competitive they can be.
Are they going to run "E" on Sunday or Saturday? The days are separated between nitro buggy/truggy right?
Old 04-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

e-buggies on Saturday for sure. If there are enough e-truggies, they will run Sunday. Again, if you only have an e-truggy and want to participate in the series, you'll run on Saturday with the buggies.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:32 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Most track owners are now doing their best to accommodate the 1/8 E class, last year at our local track there were usually 5 or 6 E buggys and 1 or 2 truggys but this year at the season opener there were 10 buggys and 2 truggys. April 16th, 17th and 18th we are having the "Rebel open" and there are already 6 Pros signed, so if you are in the Nashville area, come enjoy a little southern hospitality we would love to have ya!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Got my Tekno MBX6 kit today. That was fast. Now i just need everything else to arrive
Old 04-08-2010, 08:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Any release date on the Tekno/Neu motors with the new bullet plugs for the windings?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:56 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Edumakated
Any release date on the Tekno/Neu motors with the new bullet plugs for the windings?
Not yet. We're taking our time with these, we want to be sure the whole package is just right.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:57 PM
Tech Elite

Alright everyone, JBRL starts tomorrow (practice anyway...). We hope to see some of you out there. Come by the Tekno trailer and say hi. Hopefully we come home with a win!
Old 04-08-2010, 11:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

I wish I could go ... Good luck Tekno folks!
Old 04-09-2010, 01:19 AM
Tech Regular

I heard you guys are working on a quick release battery replacement any dates on a release.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.