Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tekno Conversions Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 09:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by brushlessmgt8.0
thanks sick!!! it would be good to see top speed...
Old 07-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I think we're headed up to WCRC again this Wednesday, July 29th to do some more testing (and racing of course). If you haven't been there, it is well worth the drive. If you're close to LA, then you have no excuses . See you around.
Old 07-24-2009, 11:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

dang it i won't have my buggy by then ohh well maybe the next time you go up. i thought you wanted to go in two weeks?
later,
thomas
Old 07-25-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Does someone have Hobbywings Motor 3674S & ESC 80A with Tekno V3 ?

HobbyWings ESC
Size: 68mm(L) * 55mm(W) * 45mm(H).

HobbyWings Motor
74mm (without shaft), 15 Shaft mm Length

Can someone confirm if it fits?? Please i guess i have to put radio tray in other spot.

Thanks

Last edited by CarlosEscorcio; 07-25-2009 at 09:33 AM.
Old 07-25-2009, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarlosEscorcio
Does someone have Hobbywings Motor 3674S & ESC 80A with Tekno V3 ?

HobbyWings ESC
Size: 68mm(L) * 55mm(W) * 45mm(H).

HobbyWings Motor
74mm (without shaft), 15 Shaft mm Length

Can someone confirm if it fits?? Please i guess i have to put radio tray in other spot.

Thanks
Hello,

The motor should fit without any issues. Those are the same dimensions as the Feigao XL series motors. The ESC might be bigger than normal, but there is a lot of room on the radio tray and it can hang over the side if need be.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Arrow -help-

Without looking through a 100 pages of thread, how is the clutch on a conversion kit. Specifically the Losi 8ight T.

"Patent pending Elektri-Clutch system to tune the power delivery of the hottest brushless motors. Our hardened steel clutchbells will last and last because the motor is disengaged from the drivetrain off power. For those that prefer direct drive, our kits are compatible with long shank 5mm bore mod1 pinions as well. More options and flexibility than any other kit on the market. "

Is it better than using a Spur and Pinion?

How difficult is it to change if I do not like it?

I do not need to know 'everything' yet just want to know enough because I may have an offer on a Losi 8ight T with the conversion.

Thanks

Last edited by ShibbyUTD; 07-25-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShibbyUTD
Without looking through a 100 pages of thread, how is the clutch on a conversion kit. Specifically the Losi 8ight T.

Is it better than using a Spur and Pinion?

How difficult is it to change if I do not like it?

I do not need to know 'everything' yet just want to know enough because I may have an offer on a Losi 8ight T with the conversion.

Thanks
The elektri-clutch is something that has been up for debate since it's inception. I love it.

There are two camps. Camp one mostly comes from an electric 1/10th scale background and prefer direct drive (pinion/spur), because they say it is instantaneous power and is the simplest/straight forward set-up.

Camp two mostly comes from a nitro 1/8th scale background and prefer the clutch for it's consistent driveability. Due to the fact that the motor is "disengaged" from the drive train, enables the vehicle to roll smoothly off power (especially over jumps) and have the ability to use mechanical brakes (for adjustable brake bias). Running with the clutch has a lot more advantages in my opinion (too many to list), but please try it for your self to see what you prefer.

If you don't like the clutch, you can easily just purchase a "long shank" pinion from Impakt RC to install in place of the clutch, to change. Nothing else would be required.

Sounds like your getting an older kit. The new Tekno RC conversions come with an updated version of the clutch adapter. This new version is "one piece" in design and lighter/better. Make sure to upgrade to this new design by contacting Tekno RC and mailing it to them for a swap. They will only charge shipping ($2.00).

Check them out HERE: And you will also find more information about the clutch benefits and trade-in program.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Marzac2
The elektri-clutch is something that has been up for debate since it's inception. I love it.

There are two camps. Camp one mostly comes from an electric 1/10th scale background and prefer direct drive (pinion/spur), because they say it is instantaneous power and is the simplest/straight forward set-up.

Camp two mostly comes from a nitro 1/8th scale background and prefer the clutch for it's consistent driveability. Due to the fact that the motor is "disengaged" from the drive train, enables the vehicle to roll smoothly off power (especially over jumps) and have the ability to use mechanical brakes (for adjustable brake bias). Running with the clutch has a lot more advantages in my opinion (too many to list), but please try it for your self to see what you prefer.

If you don't like the clutch, you can easily just purchase a "long shank" pinion from Impakt RC to install in place of the clutch, to change. Nothing else would be required.

Sounds like your getting an older kit. The new Tekno RC conversions come with an updated version of the clutch adapter. This new version is "one piece" in design and lighter/better. Make sure to upgrade to this new design by contacting Tekno RC and mailing it to them for a swap. They will only charge shipping ($2.00).

Check them out HERE: And you will also find more information about the clutch benefits and trade-in program.

Here is a picture of it, you tell me

I like the sound of the clutch idea!

Old 07-25-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Master

that is the old clutch and if it comes with that novak system throw it away they are nothing but trouble, get a mamba monster V3.
the new 2 shoe is great, i ran if for a couple of months until i got the 3 shoe never have had a problem with it. that thing looks brand new from the pictures
what will you be trading or how much do they want you to pay for that? if you can, get it with out the novak system. and make sure to get traxxas connectors.
hope that helps,
Thomas(AKA T-NUTZ)
Old 07-25-2009, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING
that is the old clutch and if it comes with that novak system throw it away they are nothing but trouble, get a mamba monster V3.
the new 2 shoe is great, i ran if for a couple of months until i got the 3 shoe never have had a problem with it. that thing looks brand new from the pictures
what will you be trading or how much do they want you to pay for that? if you can, get it with out the novak system. and make sure to get traxxas connectors.
hope that helps,
Thomas(AKA T-NUTZ)
Yeah it is brand new never run.

So sell the Novak system, and get a mamba? What about Tekin RX8?

What motor size would you suggest, it comes with a 3,700kv novak LOL ... I think I would want a 2000 or ~2100kv motor from lets say, Tekin?

Thanks for the fast response! (this is a truggy btw)

Tracks I run are medium size, nothing too big but not too small
Old 07-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by teeforb
thanks sick!!! it would be good to see top speed...
top speed is right at 75mph not enoph room on my street to get it there.
Old 07-25-2009, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

i am going to let you know a little secret, first you must know what type of battery you want wether it be 4s,5s,6s then you must understand that you will never get more than 15-17min of runtime(depending on driving style and in race conditions and that goes for any battery and motor setup). i personally run the mamba monster v3(mmm) with there 2200kv motor on 4s 6000mah and get around 15-17 min race time with that same truggy geared at 13/48. i run on a medium size track as well. at that gearing my motor, battery, and speed controller are all in there respective temperatures which are 130f on the mmm, 160f on the motor, and my battery is around 130f.
i have heard of a lot of problems with the tekin stuff so far and the mmm has been the most durable and problem free thing out so far and castle has a one year warranty.
if you have anymore questions feel free to ask,
Thomas(AKA T-NUTZ)
Old 07-26-2009, 06:14 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING
i am going to let you know a little secret, first you must know what type of battery you want wether it be 4s,5s,6s then you must understand that you will never get more than 15-17min of runtime(depending on driving style and in race conditions and that goes for any battery and motor setup). i personally run the mamba monster v3(mmm) with there 2200kv motor on 4s 6000mah and get around 15-17 min race time with that same truggy geared at 13/48. i run on a medium size track as well. at that gearing my motor, battery, and speed controller are all in there respective temperatures which are 130f on the mmm, 160f on the motor, and my battery is around 130f.
i have heard of a lot of problems with the tekin stuff so far and the mmm has been the most durable and problem free thing out so far and castle has a one year warranty.
if you have anymore questions feel free to ask,
Thomas(AKA T-NUTZ)
Thanks! Great information Thomas.
Old 07-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ShibbyUTD
Yeah it is brand new never run.

So sell the Novak system, and get a mamba? What about Tekin RX8?

What motor size would you suggest, it comes with a 3,700kv novak LOL ... I think I would want a 2000 or ~2100kv motor from lets say, Tekin?

Thanks for the fast response! (this is a truggy btw)

Tracks I run are medium size, nothing too big but not too small
i have the tekin system and yes they did have problems on their initial product. i believe they have everything fixed. i would rate the performance on tekin and MMM/Neu similar. but i think in the long run, tekin will be the way to go. it doesn't seem that Neu is caring too much about the 1/8th off-road seen to where Tekin is primarily dedicated to it.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:54 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by teeforb
i have the tekin system and yes they did have problems on their initial product. i believe they have everything fixed. i would rate the performance on tekin and MMM/Neu similar. but i think in the long run, tekin will be the way to go. it doesn't seem that Neu is caring too much about the 1/8th off-road seen to where Tekin is primarily dedicated to it.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.