Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds. >

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 08:25 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think for a car company, there may be some result for winning or doing well at the worlds, i.e. the ability to sell a few more kits. But also there is the supplemental effect of supporting the existing car drivers. If a car does well at the worlds, then the regular car drivers who are struggling may get a little more confidence in the car rather than jumping to another manufacturer. If the drivers at the worlds, do well (don't necessarily have to win), and then post their setup sheets, then that gives us regular drivers something else to try out.

So while the direct benefit of selling more kits may not be realized, the support benefits may the kit more valuable, knowing that it has potential and providing setup support for it. This provides the overall value, otherwise just have everyone buy a clone car that is cheaper.
Old 07-19-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pyro18t
So when AE's RC10T parts could be used on a RC10T2 (I used T2 parts on my 10T all the time) and AE came out with the B3 kit and made a conversion kit to go from the B2 to the B3 it was ok right?

BTW I'm a huge fan of both companies.

Jay
Can the B2, B3, and B4 (T2, T3, T4, GT, GT2 also) switch parts between the supsension and transmission? No. They are different cars all together. Maybe the B2 and B3, but that one car. Maybe the RC10T and T2, but thats one truck. The buggies and trucks of Losi can have parts moved from one to another to create a hybrid and/or different buggy. I am not bashing Losi but its the facts, I love both companies too.

Maybe we look at it differently, drop it?
Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by annie_himself
I did not say XX, and I never said you did use any other part on your car. The fact that you can is what I don't like. What don't you get?
The XXX-CR, BK2, BK1, and XXX are all part of the same platform that is why they interchange. I and most of the people I know who run the XXX platform like that the parts can be interchanged. This is what makes Losi different from AE. Also, I have been racing my XXX-CR and XXX-MF2 for quite a while now and have not needed to modify them at all. The interchange ability just makes for more tuning options.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by jabroni racing
All they did with the truck is the same thing they did with the buggy, take the last 2 generations of cars/trucks, and combined parts to make something used, i mean new.. Ive heard from a few diff people that had the last 2 losi cars, and said it made really no difference at all..
This may help justify my point. Its not a new car either way you look at it. Its a great tuning aid, yes, but not a new car. I'm looking at a 100% new designed car from Losi.
Old 07-19-2007, 09:43 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'm sure it's in the works, but you can't really snap your fingers, and poof. It's here. As much as we would like it to be that way. It can't....
Old 07-19-2007, 09:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by $rusty$
I'm sure it's in the works, but you can't really snap your fingers, and poof. It's here. As much as we would like it to be that way. It can't....
But how long has the XXX platform been running? Too long in my book.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

I think we're seeing a slow down fo 2wd development right now. As long as the configuration stays the same (motor in the back, battery long and down the middle) I don't see an entirely new design in the cards. If the B4 were losing and not being replaced there would be complaints about it but it is doing well so if it ain't broke...

I think there is a configuration change down the road because of the drastic weight change that Lipo brings (face it, this is the direction we're going) and then there will be a big shift in chassis configuration.

But that doesn't have much to do with why Losi chose not to go to worlds.

BTW, they are about to release another revision of the XXXT that sounds like it has lots of meaningful upgrades/changes so I don't think that Losi is giving up on the electric market by any stretch.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by pyro18t
So when AE's RC10T parts could be used on a RC10T2 (I used T2 parts on my 10T all the time) and AE came out with the B3 kit and made a conversion kit to go from the B2 to the B3 it was ok right?

BTW I'm a huge fan of both companies.

Jay
What 10T parts were you using on your T2? And more importantly why? I quit racing competitively in Fall of '95 and the T2 is the best chassis ever made.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Just curious but.....the title of thie forum is "team losi are not sending a team to the worlds" Has this been confirmed? I havent seen any factory representative (NOT THAT I CAN TELL) come on here and say if this is tru ot falso or not. Curious to know, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Old 07-19-2007, 11:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mfishel
What 10T parts were you using on your T2? And more importantly why? I quit racing competitively in Fall of '95 and the T2 is the best chassis ever made.
I was using 10T2 parts on my 10T. They were both great trucks. I think I might still have it at my dads house.

Jay
Old 07-19-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Adept

What bothers me the most is that losi has sent a lot of there top drivers to the worlds that are just as far and (that also cast a lot of money) and yet they are not going to send them to this years world's when it has coast them a lot of money from the past worlds they have sen there drivers to? I think the places that have heald the past worlds were just has far as Japan. (I think so)
Old 07-19-2007, 02:04 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

It is very possible that all of Losi's best drivers could be going to the Worlds on their other sponsors dime, like Trinity?
Old 07-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Tech Master

Post Ok, why not just a.....

belt driven 2wd?

For straight line speed I'd put my old (wish I still had it) Trackmaster (I think it was) belt driven original RC10 up against my XXX-CR any day of the week.
Old 07-19-2007, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Cole R.
What bothers me the most is that losi has sent a lot of there top drivers to the worlds that are just as far and (that also cast a lot of money) and yet they are not going to send them to this years world's when it has coast them a lot of money from the past worlds they have sen there drivers to? I think the places that have heald the past worlds were just has far as Japan. (I think so)
remember no more losi , its owned by horizon hobbies , its a profit thing ray
Old 07-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mabuchi540
belt driven 2wd?

For straight line speed I'd put my old (wish I still had it) Trackmaster (I think it was) belt driven original RC10 up against my XXX-CR any day of the week.
they had that in the 80's conversions for the rc10 and i beleve the ultima. i recall a local trying it in mod and the belts would stretch...not to say they would now it just i know it has been done. iirc the gear boxxes were not sealed and you could see/touch the belt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.