Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds. >

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

I've just read on LosiBk2.com that Team Losi are not sending a team to the worlds.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

2wd belt drive ? schumacher cougar 2 works...till this day i regret selling that car
Old 07-20-2007, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I had a dream that Team Losi won the Worlds.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dave G
Just curious but.....the title of thie forum is "team losi are not sending a team to the worlds" Has this been confirmed? I havent seen any factory representative (NOT THAT I CAN TELL) come on here and say if this is tru ot falso or not. Curious to know, I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
I'm sure most of the usual suspects will be at this race.
Old 07-23-2007, 10:39 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default losi

hey all:I agree with lars in that losi is still viable and just cause they aren't sending anyone to the ifmar electric worlds doesn't meen they no longer have interest in electric off road they're just focusing on what's hot right now and that's 1/8th nitro off road.Also when losi rereleased the xx-4 4wd buggy it was at a time when the electric 4wd buggy class was in a down cycle and now that it's hot again it wouldn't suprize me if losi produced a new one. Remember rc racing classes as well as vehicle brand popularity goes in cycles and right now 1/8th nitro off road is the flavor of the day just like 1/10th and 1/12th oval racing was back in the mid 80's though early 90's.Just my thoughts
Old 07-27-2007, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mr-s413bt
HAHAHAHA now thats some damn funny reading.... Flameout... can i ask how long you have been involved?? to make such a statement

All i say is rewind to the 90's when masami almost won a world champs each time ( 2wd or 4wd )... the one he DIDN'T win and both 2wd and 4wd were taken out by USA.... 1995 Yatabe Arena in Japan.... basically a Yomoko/Masami test track! Matt Francis 2wd RC10B2 and Mark Pavidis Yokomo YZ10 worlds edition.... Both hailing from the good ole usa

Good Uneducated opinion...

I don't know why Losi aren't sending a team... but it is a shame that they are focusing their money away from 1/10thep offroad...
In a round-about way you made Garrett's point. While the driver's may have been from the US, they were members of teams that were doing extensive testing at the host facility before the event, namely Yokomo and AE. Remember, this race occured before IFMAR went to a mandated tire. In off-road racing the type of tire makes a huge difference, and with the strong working relationship between AE/Yoke/Pro-Line I am sure that before the out of country teams even arrived in Japan the local team members had the tire and insert choices perfected for any track condition they might see and shared their notes with their counterparts.
Old 07-27-2007, 03:13 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RCGaryK
In a round-about way you made Garrett's point. While the driver's may have been from the US, they were members of teams that were doing extensive testing at the host facility before the event, namely Yokomo and AE. Remember, this race occured before IFMAR went to a mandated tire. In off-road racing the type of tire makes a huge difference, and with the strong working relationship between AE/Yoke/Pro-Line I am sure that before the out of country teams even arrived in Japan the local team members had the tire and insert choices perfected for any track condition they might see and shared their notes with their counterparts.
And the '93 Worlds in England. Brian Kinwald with the RC10 Worlds Car. Oh yea and it had a Losi Hydra-Drive on it. I think Masami still won the 4wd class.
I believe that Kinwalds win was the first for Associated with a production car, as before that they ran a one-off 'Stealth' car.
And this was the debut of Jr.s new XX car. The first CAD enabled car produced.

Last edited by mfishel; 07-27-2007 at 03:15 PM. Reason: additional thought
Old 07-30-2007, 04:41 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

1985- Original RC10 won
1987- Kyosho Ultima that was NOTHING like a production kit won
1989 RC10 Stealth #1 won. Long front shock tower and Long A-Arms
1991 - RC10 Stealth #2 won. (Looks similar to the modern day B4)
1993 RC10 Worlds Edition (With Hydra Drive) You could buy this car right off the shelf minus the aftermarket hydra drive.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:06 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mfishel
And the '93 Worlds in England. Brian Kinwald with the RC10 Worlds Car. Oh yea and it had a Losi Hydra-Drive on it. I think Masami still won the 4wd class.
I believe that Kinwalds win was the first for Associated with a production car, as before that they ran a one-off 'Stealth' car.
And this was the debut of Jr.s new XX car. The first CAD enabled car produced.
The XX proto actually debuted at the 1991 worlds in detroit.
Great looking car too

Basildon should have been Losi's race but smart tactics and great driving made it all the more an awesome win by Brian. Looking back, the Losi cars handled better and outnumbered the rc10s by a nice margin..

Look at the B4 that won last week the european championships... Bone stock !
Old 07-30-2007, 06:19 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

First off, I don't blame anyone. Horizon's first priority is to make money plain and simple. If they think they can make more money going the basher route, and ignoring the racers, then that's their decision.

But if you want to insist on blaming someone, instead of blaming Horizon, you should blame Losi themselves. They're the ones that sold out to Horizon in the first place.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 403forbidden
First off, I don't blame anyone. Horizon's first priority is to make money plain and simple. If they think they can make more money going the basher route, and ignoring the racers, then that's their decision.

But if you want to insist on blaming someone, instead of blaming Horizon, you should blame Losi themselves. They're the ones that sold out to Horizon in the first place.
The man makes a good point.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:28 PM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 403forbidden

I don't think anyone is blaming Horizon, just pointing out that they don't care as much as other companies about racing... which will eventually show in their products...
Old 07-30-2007, 05:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

[QUOTE=Patriiick;3532117]The XX proto actually debuted at the 1991 worlds in detroit.
Great looking car too

91 worlds they intro'ed the pro se...........had h-arms and double deck chassis
the xx proto was debuted in 93 ..........i know that one cause i wheeled gil in practice at the 93 Norrca Nats and the whole team jumped down my thoat......screaming that they had no parts to fix it
i told him to get that slow POS off the track and and if he gets in my way again ill break it

that was totally awsome..............LOL
Old 07-30-2007, 05:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Patriiick
The XX proto actually debuted at the 1991 worlds in detroit.
Great looking car too

Basildon should have been Losi's race but smart tactics and great driving made it all the more an awesome win by Brian. Looking back, the Losi cars handled better and outnumbered the rc10s by a nice margin..

Look at the B4 that won last week the european championships... Bone stock !
Sometimes it bums me out. You used to have to actually know how to build a car to be competitive. Especially if you ran AE. The Losis outnumbered us like 8 to 1, and it was great when you got your 'frying pan' (as the 'Lousy' guys called them) dialed. You could go out there and DOMINATE.
Old 07-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Tech Master

clintcreations- the 91 car actually more resembled the XX
Old 07-30-2007, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

if this is true that is pathetic...years ago when i was introduced to racing...it was losi this ...losi that.....plus the guy that sold me all his goods had all losi stuff.

horizen definately needs the aka basher cars to be where its at and not worry whether if it says losi on it....

losi was never about making little boy toys...losi made some real race cars...

as far as im concerned i will always stay didicated to the losi products....

but if horizon is going to keep up what there doing whats going to happen to the losi cars itself?

plus parts support is an issue as well........

if it comes down to it and over time here losi ends up being baried....kyosho i will have to go for the ae cars arent for me....

but i really hope that horizon can pull things together and quit beeting the bush...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.