Team Associated B44 is for REAL

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Associated B44 is for REAL

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 03:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

The arms on the BJ4 are surrounded by aluminum, so the the cheap $4.50 arm is the weakest link on the car. Its not a horrible thing though.

To replace a BJ4 front arm you remove the two hinge pin retention screws and the bottom shock mount screw. Slide out the two hingepins with a small pick, take off the arm, put the new arm in, put the hinge pins back in (make sure the dogbone is in the outdrive, reinstall the hinge pin retention screws and shock mount screw. It take less than 2 minutes.

The AE car has molded castor blocks and front bulkhead. So the the front end might be more forgiving from breaking an arm, but the possibility of breaking other parts is higher. Track time will tell though, and thats not going to happen untill the AE car is released.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

From all that I have read about this (on this thread) is that AE did not steal the design, but purchased the design from the designers. To me that is more of a stand up move than just copying it and giving no credit where it is due.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Black;3488238]
Originally Posted by Scrubb
Why is that Black?

I feel as if AE watched J-Concepts make an AMAZING car, win a IFMAR World Championship, watched the market grow vastly due to the hard work of Jason and Brad and then basically copied their design and put an AE sticker on it. Knowing that there was nothing that JC could do in rebuttal, strong armed them, and stole their car. It seems that the company that is truly responsible for bringing back 1/10th scale 4wd is getting screwed by another larger company.

****This is strictly my feelings upon the situation, and being a Business Major I feel that "Business Ethics" was thrown to the wind when this came about.****
What college are you going to? I dont want to waste my money on that education. It certainly doesnt sound like Jconcepts is getting screwed by AE. Sounds to me like there is some sort of compensation provided by AE for using their design. The company that looks really shady is Hot Bodies. They even used the Jconcepts body while running their protoype.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

[quote=Black;3488238]
Originally Posted by Scrubb
Why is that Black?

I feel as if AE watched J-Concepts make an AMAZING car, win a IFMAR World Championship, watched the market grow vastly due to the hard work of Jason and Brad and then basically copied their design and put an AE sticker on it. Knowing that there was nothing that JC could do in rebuttal, strong armed them, and stole their car. It seems that the company that is truly responsible for bringing back 1/10th scale 4wd is getting screwed by another larger company.

****This is strictly my feelings upon the situation, and being a Business Major I feel that "Business Ethics" was thrown to the wind when this came about.****
well now we know who not to listen to.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

[quote=Jack Smash;3489308]
Originally Posted by Black

What college are you going to? I dont want to waste my money on that education. It certainly doesnt sound like Jconcepts is getting screwed by AE. Sounds to me like there is some sort of compensation provided by AE for using their design. The company that looks really shady is Hot Bodies. They even used the Jconcepts body while running their protoype.

I wouldn't call using someones body shady but to each his own. I've looked at both cars and they do look similar but have their differances. If I was going to design a car I would model it after the best car in the world too. I'm still getting a B44. I like blue more that purple.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

I wasnt calling them using the body shady, just that it was such a copy they used the body. At least mount the rear shocks behind the arms or use molded towers and chassis to not be so blatant.
Old 07-16-2007, 09:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'll stick with my Jconcepts car, i think any innovations to the design will come from Jconcepts first, since HB and AE are not putting in the development time to design their own projects
Old 07-16-2007, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

[QUOTE=Jack Smash;3489308]

Haha there is so much more than you will ever know, behind the scenes. AE is tryin to take credit for something that they had minimal involvement in (I am being gracious by saying "Minimal involvement") and being the "BIG" company that they are, everyone is blinded by the fact that they screwed JC.

Also with that stab at my education I take you have no secondary schooling!
Old 07-16-2007, 12:38 PM
Tech Elite

[QUOTE=Black;3489810]
Originally Posted by Jack Smash
You have assumed incorrectly.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm guessing that there are probably some legal issues to taking 75% of someone elses parts from their kits to re-assemble into a kit designed with 25% of your own custom parts and selling it as your own.

If AE and J Concepts didnt work together at the onset, it would have been sold as a conversion and not a complete kit which probably would have hindered sales and profit margins for JConcepts. After several years AE finally bought the design and released it as their own.

Its one of the few actual win-win-win scenarios that happen in RC (small company makes a great product with a little help from a big company and win races all over the world with it) and yet, somehow, a few people here on the internet feel like its a rip off and that AE is taking advantage of JConcepts. Give me a break!
Old 07-16-2007, 02:14 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jack Smash

Haha there is so much more than you will ever know, behind the scenes. AE is tryin to take credit for something that they had minimal involvement in (I am being gracious by saying "Minimal involvement") and being the "BIG" company that they are, everyone is blinded by the fact that they screwed JC.

I laugh at your improper english!!!

Also, with that stab at my education, I take it that you have no secondary schooling![/quote]
It is also is a run on sentence.

I only went to a Junior College.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

If I may...

I think your business "education" appears to be similar in quality to "BradR's" legal education.

You should be careful about bragging about your education level...especially if you spell and type like a 10 year-old.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POUNDITRACING
Also, with that stab at my education, I take it that you have no secondary schooling!
It is also is a run on sentence.

I only went to a Junior College.
Damn...LOL...beat me to it.
Old 07-16-2007, 02:22 PM
Tech Elite

I heard a while back that you only have to change 1% of a product to be able to call it your own. The one percent is only if the product had a pattent. If you look at the box it has a TM. Meaning that the rights to this product are not owned by anyone. You can sell a G4 if you like and they can't do anything about it. Sorry about your luck.

I would like to see some proof with some of these arguments people.

I'm glad that we all can't stop talking about a car. Don't you think that if JC was getting screwed that they wouldn't be ok with this conversation?
Old 07-16-2007, 02:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Turbo Joe
Damn...LOL...beat me to it.
it's ok, us socal guys need to stick together.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.