RC10T4 Motor upgrade problem.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC10T4 Motor upgrade problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 11:08 PM
Tech Rookie

I will check the brushes. It said something about running them with lower voltage to make sure they are seated correctly.
Old 05-19-2007, 09:22 PM
Tech Rookie

I figured out the problem. The brushes were dirty (even after 2 batteries) anyway I just try to clean them after I put 2 batteries through it. I have a question though... does anyone know if stronger springs help with acceleration or anything?
Old 05-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default some answers to your t4 problem

here is a couple of things check your Gears.once you get the correct gearing do the paper test if you fit a shit of paper between spur and pinion gear then you got the correct gear mesh. Also make sure that there isn't something binding in the drive train because that will slow you down. Also invest in some motor spray so you can spray out you motor. Also read your manual on the speed control to see if it says something about resistors
on the motor because some motors have extra resistors for sautering on depending on what conditions the motor is being used in. Also you where smart by going with deans plugs. The white plugs you have can overheat and expand on the connections inside. Plus with deans you get a better draw power which in return will give you a little more power. also the same can be said for when you switch the bullet connecters on the motor to deans. Also one other cheap item that you can buy that will help you out is called a com stick. what that does is it goes in where the brushes on the motor go and it is a little stick that cleans the com so that way it is clean of debre and smoother for when you put the brushes back into the motor.

That should help you out. Also if you go to get a new speed control check the boards on here like I see novak gt7 go for $50.00 and Novak gtx and other good brands. The 2 I mentioned are a steal when you see them for that price.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Tech Rookie

Thank you for all the advice. I was at the hobby shop today and I got a com stick. It worked well and cleaned it out. I used the rounded side on the brush and then followed it up with a pencil eraser. Cleaned up real well. As far as wiring I am going to replace the stock wiring to the motor and just do a deans plug setup. I am going to run some 12ga wire to it. I also got a new 18t pinion so I should be set for that gearing. It has a LOT more torque now and it takes off a lot harder. I also got m new tires on and all of that. I actually got to drive it so hard that I broke the left side castor block. Luckily I had another one. I am gonna take apart the transmission tomorrow and see what is making the clicking noise. I am hoping its nothing too expensive lol.
Old 05-20-2007, 12:48 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by avengence
I am gonna take apart the transmission tomorrow and see what is making the clicking noise. I am hoping its nothing too expensive lol.
Check the spur gear and pinion for a burr or small chunk in between the teeth. It's a good chance there is some grit between the teeth.